Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish v Tigers

Post by Big Dai »

jgriffin wrote:BUMP.
Some on here seem to have forgotten about tomorrow's game.
The results for Sale and Chiefs are about as bad as it could be for us. We have to get 4 points minimum tomorrow or our season will be down to the LV and getting into position 5 or 6.
To be honest, if Ed Slater, Manu, Cole and OW were playing I would have more confidence, as it is I am anxious.
Me too! I think when you get to the stage where someone else's results are as important as your own.....i.e. You need someone to do you a favour...the brown stuff has hit the round whirly thing!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigerburnie wrote:I think the disinterest we spoke of before the season started has been replaced with some hunger.
COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrrsssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027

Smudge my son bought me some Penderyn Welsh Malt, it is minging.., so I'm stone cold sober just now.
Thanks for the warning! I'll stick to me Lambs Navy Rum now my last bottle of Glenmorangie special has gone. I did find the abominable practice of priming my taste buds with Laphroaig before hitting the Glenmorangie made the latter taste so so very good I forgot bad results. No doubt a Scotsman would eviscerate me for such malpractice!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Laphroaig! Just drink drain cleaner
Grinsteadtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Grinsteadtiger »

Living in the past I know but at this stage last year Tigers were won 8 drawn 2 lost 4 and won 7 out of 8 to finish 3rd. This year won 8 drawn 1 lost 5 if we win 7 out of 8 who knows
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

northerntiger wrote:Laphroaig! Just drink drain cleaner
You have to touch it with water for the magic to occur; swigging it direct from the bottle, especially Cask Strength, is not to be recommended.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Well off topic but if you want a holiday of a lifetime Islay and the Western Isles are truly memorable, there's even a beach rugby festival on Islay.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigerburnie wrote:Well off topic but if you want a holiday of a lifetime Islay and the Western Isles are truly memorable, there's even a beach rugby festival on Islay.
Do they have an Over60s comp? :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Sitting in bed at the Madjeski hotel and looking out the weather looks fine, so still hoping for a dry match.
Interesting the different views on results this weekend. If we get 5 points we can be equal on points with 3rd place. However 4 points still makes us 6th but very much in touch. I am happy for Saints to beat everybody and hopefully become over confident. All we have to do is continue to win our matches and get a few more TBPs.
Looking forward to the game. :smt026 :smt026
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

jgriffin wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:I think the disinterest we spoke of before the season started has been replaced with some hunger.
COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrrsssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027

Smudge my son bought me some Penderyn Welsh Malt, it is minging.., so I'm stone cold sober just now.
Thanks for the warning! I'll stick to me Lambs Navy Rum now my last bottle of Glenmorangie special has gone. I did find the abominable practice of priming my taste buds with Laphroaig before hitting the Glenmorangie made the latter taste so so very good I forgot bad results. No doubt a Scotsman would eviscerate me for such malpractice!
Anyone who puts "Welsh" and "Malt" in the same sentence wants something unmentionable doing to them with the wrong end of a pineapple. Stick to Remy...............or something similar! Last two shots left in my bottle for today. I hope I'll be drinking them in celebration after the game but feel they may go to quell the nerves before.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Looking at the table any other season, I would have a wide grin on my face knowing that we would be there when it mattered and even fancy a home semi-final. This year, I am hopeful but very nervous. A good win today would certainly put us on track.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Big Dai wrote:Stick to Remy...............or something similar! Last two shots left in my bottle for today. I hope I'll be drinking them in celebration after the game but feel they may go to quell the nerves before.
Give me a bottle of Asbach any day.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Asbach - Where do you buy yours - Urbrand or Uralt.

Always seems expensive at Everards shop etc.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:
Big Dai wrote:Stick to Remy...............or something similar! Last two shots left in my bottle for today. I hope I'll be drinking them in celebration after the game but feel they may go to quell the nerves before.
Give me a bottle of Asbach any day.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Not had Asbach in a long time! I mean a Looooooong time! Might be an idea. :smt023
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

9-0 up after a good first 20 minutes. Burns' tactical kicking has been excellent so far and we just destroyed their scrum to such an extent that their prop was riding on the top of it like a crowdsurfer in the moshpit.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

DaveRave wrote:9-0 up after a good first 20 minutes. Burns' tactical kicking has been excellent so far and we just destroyed their scrum to such an extent that their prop was riding on the top of it like a crowdsurfer in the moshpit.
Still nervous. Tigers have the weather at their backs this half.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game