Gloucester up next

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

drc_007
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester up next

Post by drc_007 »

A win but infuriatingly sloppy at times.

Did the first 15 not practice during the LV Cup?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

On golfing holiday in Turkey, followed scores on live update, 6 pens v 5 pens, was that a boring game? Anyone play well? any updates would be appreciated. :smt030
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Filthy night where slick passing was not on the cards for either side, both sides played admirably. I just wish instead of taking the ball when static we took the ball at pace, surely you will get more chance of getting over the gain line more often?
Line out was ok, scrums started poorly but got better.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Roberts and Pearce looked good coming on.

Catchpole, burns and Thompstone looked good Thompstone was running like a mad man.

A good win against an on form Glous (6wins from 6)

Hopefully things go our way this weekend Exeter, wasps and sale losing.

Who do we want to win satires or bath?
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

A foul night so a win is a win is a win. Don't complain.
OFB kicked 6 from 6: it's what you need on nights like tonight.
From the warmth of my armchair and a glass (or 2 ) of Shiraz, didn't look like Dawidiuk threw one in straight all night ??
Well done Tigers: I can crow over my Pests neighbours from lofty 4th place for a while......
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigerburnie wrote:Filthy night where slick passing was not on the cards for either side, both sides played admirably. I just wish instead of taking the ball when static we took the ball at pace, surely you will get more chance of getting over the gain line more often?
Line out was ok, scrums started poorly but got better.
Typical forward, probably counting the strikes against the head, not the penalties.
It's a win, against a side that are coming good. Take it and smile.
:smt006
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I thought Kvesic completely outplayed Salvi.

The rest of the Glos back row were pretty good also.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Filthy night, Filthy pitch, 2nd team out and not a good advert for the premiership.
Good win. Hard fought with some promising performances especially Catchpole and Roberts.

Not sure about some of JP s calls. A lot of squint put ins and line outs, off sides missed and knock ons ignored.

I'll take the win, swig me Remy and look forward to tomorrow.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
covrich

Post by covrich »

A tough win.. ugly win in ugly conditions.. One for the purists

I thought we got a bit of the rub of the green from DOyle but Gloucesters Line out didn't throw a single straight one practically all night.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Proper old school game...Thompstone, I thought was our most attacking threat, tackled like a demon and was all over the park. Tait, looked a class above, almost, and I say almost Murphy esq..both Roberts and Catchpole stood up and proved worthy of the shirt. Burns, is self critical, which is good and I thought he played a very clever tactical game. Deserved MOTM. My favourite part though was in the post match interview , when Cockers said with a rye smile about Catchpole..."you know how I don't like playing youngsters.."..half bottle of red and that was comedy gold.

Good result against one of 2015 form teams..
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Proper old school game...Thompstone, I thought was our most attacking threat, tackled like a demon and was all over the park. Tait, looked a class above, almost, and I say almost Murphy esq..both Roberts and Catchpole stood up and proved worthy of the shirt. Burns, is self critical, which is good and I thought he played a very clever tactical game. Deserved MOTM. My favourite part though was in the post match interview , when Cockers said with a rye smile about Catchpole..."you know how I don't like playing youngsters.."..half bottle of red and that was comedy gold.

Good result against one of 2015 form teams..

Oh and Manu looked as miserable as sin in the stands..
There is never any points for 2nd place...
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Thanks for the updates from here in sunny Turkey, sounds like Roberts and Catchpole should be our starting centre pairing.

Back now to the copious local gin and tonics and red wine, and a few more days of torturous golf on absolutely fantastic golf course.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Just back from the game, horrible conditions and Glos won the toss and played with the wind in the first half and we did well to go in 9-9. Everyone did their bit and Freddie who was averaging 60% kicked superbly. One thing I am feed up with is are the people who constantly groan every time he kicks the ball. For crying out loud dont they understand the game. Apart from a couple of kicks Freddie did really well and in particular he pinned Glos back in the second half several time.

I also thought Bai, Tait, Thompstone and Crane also had good games.

A win is a win and we move on.
Last edited by Doghashadhisday on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Doghashadhisday wrote:Just back from the game, horrible conditions and Glos won the toss and played with the wind in the first half and we did well to go in 9-9. Everyone did their bit and Freddie who was averaging 60% kicked superbly. One thing I am feed up with is are the people who constantly groan every time he kicks the ball. For crying out loud dont they understand the game. Apart from a couple of kicks Freddie did really well and in particular he pinned Glos back in the second half several time.

I also though Bai, Tait, Thompstone and Crane also had good games.

A win is a win and we move on.
Can't stand the groans, people need to stop pre judging a player.

Crane was decent I thought, hard working as was Pearce.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Cold wet night, I am feeling it.
I thought the breakdown was a joke all round, diving in and side entries galore, got quite tasty at various points and not a bit of it legal.
Catchpole did not impress me, made an outside break, it was on but didn't have the pace.
Very fortunate first half IMO Gloucester completely hashed a try.
Roberts does indeed look very quick.
Harrison's kicking was pretty good and made a break nearly resulted in a score late on.
Scrums looked difficult, the pitch looked very slippery and Glouceter were better then I expected.
Cheery chappy