Gloucester up next

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester up next

Post by ourla »

As you say, fingers crossed there's no need to find out about his abilities at 10. Unless it's late in the game with the BP secured....
Now that would be nice.

It's Catchpole who's been doing all that grubber and chip kicking isn't it? Seemed to add another dimension to our back play not seen from the senior players.
covrich

Post by covrich »

Not a bad looking side.. nice to see some return from teh LV cup too regardless that is a good sign..

For some reason I am feeling a more optimistic about tomorrow night than I did a few weeks back.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Credit where it's due. Regardless of if we win it, Cockers has managed the LV Cup magnificently. It hasn't been used as a competition just to fill the gaps in the international period. It has been used properly as a development competition Players have been blooded who might not otherwise have been. Players like Harry Thacker, Roberts, Catchpole, De Chaves... they have all grown as players in the competition and have proved that they have the ability to be thrown into Premiership games as another option.

Very pleasing.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Well maybe this answers the question of whether RC develops academy and newer prospects .....

The answer would appear to be if he thinks they're ready then yes

He's gone on record this year explaining how much fitter and stronger the academy lads need to be nowadays to survive an AP game

And you can't argue with that (no matter how much you will)

Well done to Catchpole, Thacker, Roberts, Whetton, Pearce

And well done to Harrison - keep spinning that ball out
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Decent looking team…

Can I remind all Tigers players they owe all of us who had to suffer the trip to Gloucester last year. What a shambles that was… Get at them from the off, ignite the crowd and 5 points please!
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Iain wrote:Credit where it's due. Regardless of if we win it, Cockers has managed the LV Cup magnificently. It hasn't been used as a competition just to fill the gaps in the international period. It has been used properly as a development competition Players have been blooded who might not otherwise have been. Players like Harry Thacker, Roberts, Catchpole, De Chaves... they have all grown as players in the competition and have proved that they have the ability to be thrown into Premiership games as another option.

Very pleasing.
I thought that Murphy and Blaze ran the LV show . My only moan is that Jack Roberts is not starting at 12 .
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

where is morris?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

MrPartridge wrote:Decent looking team…

Can I remind all Tigers players they owe all of us who had to suffer the trip to Gloucester last year. What a shambles that was… Get at them from the off, ignite the crowd and 5 points please!
Even beer didn't help with that one. It was truly painful.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Morris is persona non grata until he shaves off that ridiculous hedge that makes him look a complete idiot-or middle eastern naughty boy....
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

On balance not surprised at Morris's omission. Thompstone is scoring regularly and we can now move Goneva to the wing. Goneva is more match fit than Morris at the moment and deserves a run in his favoured position.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Knightonian wrote:Well maybe this answers the question of whether RC develops academy and newer prospects .....

The answer would appear to be if he thinks they're ready then yes
Alternative answer could be 'Not so far, but maybe he's learning how to'

It would make me very happy is this was the start of a run of games for Catchpole during the 6N, and even happier if Thacker and Balmain also get starts to let them know that they might be fourth and third in the pecking order for now, but that doesn't mean that they need injuries/call-ups in order to get starts.

But first up, beat Gloucester.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I would have thought we'll move in the likes of Thacker, Balmain et al again in time for the LV friendly. I think we are rotating the squad quite well at the minute and that should mean we have a more competitive squad for the end of season run in. Which frankly we need to do well in.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Was it really Morris?
I suspect it was a ringer in a false beard and they don't want him to be identified!
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

it might also depend on the actual prognosis of Ant and Manu as to what centre combinations he sticks with too...
cheers
Rich
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:
MrPartridge wrote:Decent looking team…

Even beer didn't help with that one. It was truly painful.
I was trying to block out that memory :smt013

I'm taking two Gloucester supporting friends tonight. One of whom drove us to and from Kingsholm crowing all the way back.

There is simply no way I am prepared to lose tonight on those terms!!