Gloucester up next

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wzevon1951

Re: Gloucester up next

Post by wzevon1951 »

Yes there was a lot of discussion around me that there was obviously a team order to not jump for (their) lineouts. Where does this tactic come from? We were obviously waiting on the ground for the Glos collected ball, but I've not seen an across the board non-jumping game.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

I was just glad we got the win. Catch pole didn't do anything wrong tbh. Kitchner had a great game and got a great steal at the line out . I thought burns had an ok game made a few mistakes but in the second half his kicking game was good. Decent team performance and a win I'll take that :smt001
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

The whole team was great. Awful conditions first half against us, Crane was again immense and Briggs had his best game in a Tigers' shirt. The lineout, well Gloucester's driving maul has been very effective in their 6 match unbeaten run so I think we got it about right, competing in the right areas then defending the maul pretty well. proud of the team as Gloucester has been an improving team since Christmas. Catchpole did a fine job and to be honest has more idea of running lines than many of our other experienced centres.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I thought Gibson was going through the motions, he just doesn't seem to be that up for it, which is a shame as he is better than that, will we get Croft back next week for some game time?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

tigerburnie wrote:I thought Gibson was going through the motions, he just doesn't seem to be that up for it, which is a shame as he is better than that, will we get Croft back next week for some game time?
Agreed neither Gibson nor for that matter Salvi looked hungry. As for Croft we could badly need him but Lancaster is not prone to doing us any favours unlike Quins and Saints.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Would prefer Croft or Barbieri @ 6 instead of Gibson ATM.