Manu to play in LV= final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Super User
Super User

Re: Manu to play in LV= final

Post by 4071 »

Noddy555 wrote:I don't think Manu should play in the final even if he's fit. In the past Tigers have maintained the policy that the LV final should be contested by the group of players who got us to the final and this should be applauded and upheld.
Yup. Whcih means we need to field a strong side in the semi-final....
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Manu isn't fit again this season.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Thinking about his injury record is certainly worrying. He's missed almost the whole of this season so far, most of last season and most of the lions tour in 2013. I don't think we will see him back unless he is 110% ready to go and for gold reason.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Sajerj wrote:
TigerLad wrote:
jgriffin wrote:If we see Manu play again at all this season, we'll be lucky. This injury is far, far more serious I suspect than anyone has let on. I will be happy to see him fit in preseason.
Is that just speculation or do you know something we don't?

Its self evident TL. He is now approaching the 4 month mark since the injury, and according to lancaster is still 'way off'. Keep in mind this was initially expected to be a matter of weeks.

Also this injury was a 're-injury' as he had just come back from injuring the same groin.

Tait was out for more than a year with his. Like JGriffin, i would be happy to see him fit by the summer, in time for pre season for the world cup.
Exactly my reasoning. I have seen sprinters out for a season with similar, and they don't have the complex demands Manu has on his body. Interestingly, their injuries seem to be caused by explosive eccentric contraction - theirs usually while doing plyometrics or at the start of a race, Manu does far more just altering direction at speed, as you have an eccentric contraction as you sink into the turn (does the hamstrings too).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

jgriffin wrote: Its self evident TL. He is now approaching the 4 month mark since the injury, and according to lancaster is still 'way off'. Keep in mind this was initially expected to be a matter of weeks.
Lancaster also said he would be available for the end of the 6N, which is why he is still with the England party.

I suspect all parties are keeping their cards close to their chests.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

drc_007 wrote:
jgriffin wrote: Its self evident TL. He is now approaching the 4 month mark since the injury, and according to lancaster is still 'way off'. Keep in mind this was initially expected to be a matter of weeks.
Lancaster also said he would be available for the end of the 6N, which is why he is still with the England party.

I suspect all parties are keeping their cards close to their chests.
It weren't me wot writ that, but I don't disagree.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

TigerLad wrote:Thinking about his injury record is certainly worrying. He's missed almost the whole of this season so far, most of last season and most of the lions tour in 2013. I don't think we will see him back unless he is 110% ready to go and for gold reason.
Yes we need to look after him but when is he out of contract, I suspect that we have lost one season without him. So we need to retain him in a contract extension.
Does any one know the termination date or is that another "need to know" fact?
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

If our Freddie has anything to do with it, Manu will be asking for an awful lot more than Tigers usually shell out, especially with Toulon very interested.
Dont think Basteraud would like the p/ex deal though, lousy weather and no beach...............
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

I too am very worried about his injuries. I wouldn't think we would go to France as he is still only 23!!! He does create things for us in the centres and we have missed him this season.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

It is pretty obvious Manus body cannot cope with the pressure, simply put..
Knowing Freddie, one big payday, even if for only a couple of years, might be the way forward...