Sale home on 28th February now reverts back to Saturday :smt026 :smt007

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/21706.php
be happy and save energy a smile uses less muscles than a frown
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale home now saturday

Post by Phil B »

Should make a lot of people happy. Well some, anyway.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Some good news.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Just wait to see which Sat 3pmer is the first to say they have made alternative arrangements and now cannot attend! :smt048
Christophelp

Post by Christophelp »

LE18 wrote:Just wait to see which Sat 3pmer is the first to say they have made alternative arrangements and now cannot attend! :smt048
Well I'm not a Sat 3pmer most of the season - I live in Birmingham and play hockey on Saturdays (and have a young family) and therefore it is rare that I attend a Sat 3pm game but I am very unhappy about this and not just because I now won't be able to attend.

We'd arranged our weekend around this (plus me playing hockey in Belper on the Saturday) booking hotels for both nights so we could all make a weekend of it.

The archived news item re the first date change is here http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/215 ... Mjg_misXHU and nowhere does it state the possibility of the fixture date being changed again and whilst I should have always considered that possibility and I appreciate the reasons for it having been done and the fact that most will be happy about this, I am very disappointed.

Fortunately I hadn't yet bought a ticket for the match because my niece season ticket holder was unlikely to go to the match and I might have been able to have use of that.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Well I'm usually in the camp who doesn't mind Friday nights and in some cases even prefers them.

But on this occasion it's a right result for me!!!

Had booked to take the Mrs away on Friday night. Had resigned myself to not going, but now I can as we're back by then!

In conclusion - different people will be affected in different ways. Some will blame the club.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I am a happy camper I hate evening kick offs especially Friday nights with a vengeance :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote:I am a happy camper I hate evening kick offs especially Friday nights with a vengeance :smt023
+1
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

sapajo wrote:I am a happy camper I hate evening kick offs especially Friday nights with a vengeance :smt023
I actually love Friday games. It always looks and feels better under the lights, it's a nice hit out after a week of work and you still get the weekend free afterwards. The only down side is it's a bit of a dash for the last train back to Harborough but you can catch it comfortably enough.

On this occasion though I'm delighted it's been moved back!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

There are a good number of people who have commented on the Tigers facebook statement of the game being moved back to Saturday who are unhappy as they have made plans on the Saturday or booked time off work on the Friday and booked none refundable hotels on the Friday.

Maybe the fixture should have just stayed on the Friday to avoid confusion and disappotment to those who have had to make plans to attend the Friday game.

I suppose the amount of moaning Minnie's about lack of Saturday games has made Tigers think that moving it back to Saturday was a good idea, though that seems to not be the case.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

ellis9 wrote:There are a good number of people who have commented on the Tigers facebook statement of the game being moved back to Saturday who are unhappy as they have made plans on the Saturday or booked time off work on the Friday and booked none refundable hotels on the Friday.

Maybe the fixture should have just stayed on the Friday to avoid confusion and disappotment to those who have had to make plans to attend the Friday game.

I suppose the amount of moaning Minnie's about lack of Saturday games has made Tigers think that moving it back to Saturday was a good idea, though that seems to not be the case.
I would have sympathy for this point of view too. This is a bit late notice to be changing back. Sale fans will quite probably have already booked trains and hotels for this, as will our out of town fans. Four weeks notice isn't enough really, especially since they didn't actually need to change it back in this instance.
Cdj20vtt

Post by Cdj20vtt »

So this is same day as Leicester City vs Chelsea,?? Just checked Leicester City website, I'm confused!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Cdj20vtt wrote:So this is same day as Leicester City vs Chelsea,?? Just checked Leicester City website, I'm confused!
City's game v Chelsea has been postponed as Chelsea have qualified for the Capital One Cup final the same weekend.
Cdj20vtt

Post by Cdj20vtt »

Iain wrote:
Cdj20vtt wrote:So this is same day as Leicester City vs Chelsea,?? Just checked Leicester City website, I'm confused!
City's game v Chelsea has been postponed as Chelsea have qualified for the Capital One Cup final the same weekend.
Thanks
Off Piste Tiger

Post by Off Piste Tiger »

Can I assume that the game was initially move to Friday because Leicester City were playing on Saturday at home and now they are not we can have our game on Saturday.