Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Farrell out of six nations

Post by JackFlashJonny »

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 19,00.html

Could this be a blessing in disguise?

Ford and Cipriani I like the sound of that personally...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Farrell out of six nations

Post by RagingBull »

JackFlashJonny wrote:http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 19,00.html

Wonder how Sale would play without Cips?

We play them during a 6N weekend.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

RagingBull wrote:

Wonder how Sale would play without Cips?

We play them during a 6N weekend.
They definitely play better with Cipriani, but Lancaster prefers Myler anyway. Bigger question will be how Saints play without him, as he has started all but one of their Premeirship/European games and his current back-up (James Wilson) also happens to be the back-up at fullback for the injured Foden.

Might see them trying to play Ken Pisi at fullback again or starting with Will Hooley at FH. Both options weaken them considerably.
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

NO, its never a blessing that any player, least of all a talented young player, sustains a serious knee injury.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Sajerj wrote:

NO, its never a blessing that any player, least of all a talented young player, sustains a serious knee injury.

Yeah nice one take it completely out of context..... :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

the wheels are really coming of the England bandwagon. it's a pity he didn't give the other 10s a bit more time when fazlet was obviously not on form..
cheers
Rich
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

No it's never nice to see anyone injured, but as far as England's attacking play is concerned it may well be a positive. Cipriani has come on miles in recent times so be good to give him a go.

Then again, what happens when Farrell returns? Does he walk straight back into the starting XV, just in time for the world cup?
#48 FTW :)
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

LessThanSte wrote:No it's never nice to see anyone injured, but as far as England's attacking play is concerned it may well be a positive. Cipriani has come on miles in recent times so be good to give him a go.

Then again, what happens when Farrell returns? Does he walk straight back into the starting XV, just in time for the world cup?
if it's anything like when he came back earlier in the season - I hope not. If he does walk back into the side, it will be proof that daddy is indeed picking the team.
cheers
Rich
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

LessThanSte wrote:No it's never nice to see anyone injured, but as far as England's attacking play is concerned it may well be a positive. Cipriani has come on miles in recent times so be good to give him a go.

Surely not, Stu picks on form....... :smt005
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

i do not wish for him to be badly injured but it could be a positive as cipriani is a better attacking player and deserves to be on the bench hopefully he will be. dont think he would of been on the bench if farrell was fit though. would like to see him in the wales game.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Hate to say this about a person who relies on sport for a living, but this is an absolute godsend to England as it means now we dont have the turgid , bland basic attack process we had whenever Farrell was at 10

He is simply not an International no 10 ...

His ONLY International attribute is his goal kicking and anyone with half a brain would see that Stancaster was hoping , hoping, hoping Farrell would replicate Wilkinson.

IF its a filthy day, a really boggy mudbath in the World Cup final, then Farrell might be in his element...
Second thoughts, no way , as he hasnt got a drop goal...
Oh dear, bye bye...

But dear readers, you can rest assured Brad the Barrell will still be clogging up the midfield, whatever...
Flash

Post by Flash »

If Cipriani doesn't get his chance in the squad now you'd have thought he never will.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Exceptional circumstances - bring in Flood?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Flash wrote:If Cipriani doesn't get his chance in the squad now you'd have thought he never will.
When Myler gets on the bench it will be the strongest message yet from Lancaster that Cips might as well start brushing up on his French.
Guinness&Nuts
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Guinness&Nuts »

I don't hold out much hope in getting a result in Wales regardless of whether Cipriani or Myler makes the match day squad. There are to many injuries in key positions.

Lancaster must throw caution to the wind and opt for the players who can potentially turn a game, and that means playing a midfield of Ford, Burrell and Joseph with Cipriani coming on from the bench. This selection will make a bold statement and may score him some brownee points with the average Eng rugby fan. If he opts for Myler on the bench and risks playing an injured Barrit he will be mauled by the press and all Eng fans!

If I were selecting the starting XV I would go for Cips at 10!