One Trick Pony

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Romford Tiger

One Trick Pony

Post by Romford Tiger »

Have we now become a one trick pony?

All i hear is "wait till we get Manu back"
No aguements - the fella is a great player we can build a team around.....but whats plan B????

He is gonna get injured. He is going to play for England. He will have bad games.
Then what? What other players or tattics have we got??
None on the evidence of the season so far.

A top 6 finish and a whimpering exit out of europe is not good enough for this club.
Where is our next star player coming from??
Where is our game plan???
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: One Trick Pony

Post by Chobbsy »

Romford Tiger wrote:Have we now become a one trick pony?

All i hear is "wait till we get Manu back"
No aguements - the fella is a great player we can build a team around.....but whats plan B????

He is gonna get injured. He is going to play for England. He will have bad games.
Then what? What other players or tattics have we got??
None on the evidence of the season so far.

A top 6 finish and a whimpering exit out of europe is not good enough for this club.
Where is our next star player coming from??
Where is our game plan???
It is no good having an outstanding pack if the backs outside it are not able to capitalise. Where was Owen Williams? surely put him on just to shake things up. Or is it a case of he has signed the contract now, so bench him?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

I am not certain that we will see Manu back this season. No source, just instinct.
Tigers - true Champions!
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

jack wrote:I am not certain that we will see Manu back this season. No source, just instinct.
It might be best for him if he doesn't.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
gerardu

Post by gerardu »

We only have a plan A, ball to the centre and Bang ! At one stage there were 15 playing against 13 on Saturday night, acres of space on the wings with Benjamin & Thompstone so what do we do? give it to Goneva and let him get tackled, time and time again. We have some great backs Thompstone, Morris, Benjamin, Tait, Scully, Goneva (when playing on the wing) but its like we are afraid to run the ball. Well wake up Tigers that was very successfully for us in the past but that game has changed especially against clubs who have excellent defence coaches. We need players run lines, we need quick ball, we need guys who can break the gain line. It has been said elsewhere on this forum, give the academy centres a break and let centres play where centres play and wingers play where wingers play.