Tigers and Quins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tigers and Quins

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Some on here are advocating changing the DOR and our style of play but should Quins do the same. I see quite a few similarities.
Both teams are out of Europe
Both are blowing hot and cold, winning and playing well one week and playing like donkeys the next
Both teams are in danger of failing to make the top 4 of the Premiership
Both the DOR believe in their styles of play and will not diverge
Both DOR cannot explain why some weeks their charges dont produce on the field what they practice.
Both clubs have been hit by substantial injuries this and last season.

Until one or both clubs decide to get rid of their DOR I for one would like to see both stick to their beliefs and ride out the storm!
simoscribbler
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Tigers and Quins

Post by simoscribbler »

Point taken, but aren't Quins operating at well beneath the salary cap? My impression was that the reason they're playing so many Academy graduates is because they're trying to save money - not only because they're filling in for injuries.

Also, fast forward a year or two, and if nothing changes meantime, Quins will have a battle-hardened core of Academy graduates in the first team, who will be (in the main) pretty loyal to the club that produced them, but what will we have?

And, arguably, they're a more entertaining side to watch than us....even when they lose.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Also Quins do not have key players leaving in the numbers we have!
Valhalla I am coming!
Flash

Post by Flash »

Haven't we already taken steps to rectify this by bringing Mauger in? It's better to be patient for the right man than making rash decisions.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

We all like quick ball but I find Quins style to be quite frantic. Often 'It's all about me ' Care louses up chances with this headless chicken approach. They could well calm down a little and gain a lot. We could occasionally speed up! It's a game of contrasts, keep it calm, then......go! FAST!
Tigers - true Champions!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

simoscribbler wrote:Point taken, but aren't Quins operating at well beneath the salary cap? My impression was that the reason they're playing so many Academy graduates is because they're trying to save money - not only because they're filling in for injuries.

Also, fast forward a year or two, and if nothing changes meantime, Quins will have a battle-hardened core of Academy graduates in the first team, who will be (in the main) pretty loyal to the club that produced them, but what will we have?

And, arguably, they're a more entertaining side to watch than us....even when they lose.
I don't see it tbh. They always say that and yes Clifford and Sinckler will probably be internationals but most of their academy players aren't going to be " top" players. We will have an even more battle hardened group of lions and internationals with some top young prospects like Thacker and Beckett coming through and working underneath one of the most highly rated coaches in world rugby. Give it time.