The England Rugby Supporters Club

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

StaffordTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

The England Rugby Supporters Club

Post by StaffordTiger »

I've bin thinking of signing up to the £45 membership scheme of the England club. Is anyone else a member of this scheme? I'm looking to join as England tickets are really hard to come by. Is it worth joining or are the chances of buying tickets slim?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: The England Rugby Supporters Club

Post by WhitecapTiger »

StaffordTiger wrote:I've bin thinking of signing up to the £45 membership scheme of the England club. Is anyone else a member of this scheme? I'm looking to join as England tickets are really hard to come by. Is it worth joining or are the chances of buying tickets slim?
I was a member of it for several years. Despite applying for tickets regularly I was never 'lucky' once. I'm sure others had more joy but my money's staying in my pocket, not the ERSC's.

Sadly, the England matches i've managed or bothered to get to have been due to friends getting corporate freebies!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I also was a member for several and never received any tickets I applied for. I even asked under the freedom of informaton act how many memebers had received more than one ticket and received no reply. I should have followed it up. No, done join just for tickets - join your local club and apply that way. It is a big ripoff
Hehehehehehehehe
Butchers Hook
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Butchers Hook »

WhitecapTiger wrote:Sadly, the England matches i've managed or bothered to get to have been due to friends getting corporate freebies!
Is it any wonder fans can,t get tickets.
I was offered tickets to Scot v Nz (AI) last year by a mate who,s wife is a NZ lawyer working in London and has no interest in Rugby. I refused on principal.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

My Stains-in-law often goes to Twickers/Wembley. All his tickets have been corporates or through business connections who have got tickets to spare. As a Stains ST and England supporter he has never had a single ticket despite all his efforts.
I have a Chiefs pal who has collected a huge set of tickets for the WC (he is loaded), most through business connections.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Join a local club as social member or former playing member (if eligeable) or whatever scheme they have for membership. Make sure they have a reliable international match secretary (or whoever does the job!) and ask when forms, Internet notice etc are issued. My other club used to send out a form for 6N tkts waiting for me when I got back from Summer holidays.
This may be cheaper and give you a better chance of joining the beer swilling, often objectionable hoardes! I still feel a little peeved having eagerly anticipated the Samoa match recently where due to the late late kick off the match was ruined for us by absolutely belvide up types constantly wanting to come past us and return wth loads of stadium slop! (Missed a couple of tries due to this) after maybe 20 visits to England matches I really was fed up with my fellow supporters this time! :smt027
Tigers - true Champions!
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Join a local club as social member or former playing member (if eligeable) or whatever scheme they have for membership. Make sure they have a reliable international match secretary (or whoever does the job!) and ask when forms, Internet notice etc are issued. My other club used to send out a form for 6N tkts waiting for me when I got back from Summer holidays.
This may be cheaper and give you a better chance of joining the beer swilling, often objectionable hoardes! I still feel a little peeved having eagerly anticipated the Samoa match recently where due to the late late kick off the match was ruined for us by absolutely bevvied up types constantly wanting to come past us and return wth loads of stadium slop! (Missed a couple of tries due to this) after maybe 20 visits to England matches I really was fed up with my fellow supporters this time! :smt027 The odd hooray Henry acting the goat doesn't bother me by comparison!
Tigers - true Champions!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I tend to go to the 'lesser' Autumn International. Samoa, Fiji etc. Cheaper and easier to get tickets through Ticketmaster and the like.
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

trendylfj wrote:I also was a member for several and never received any tickets I applied for. I even asked under the freedom of informaton act how many memebers had received more than one ticket and received no reply. I should have followed it up.
Almost certainly the reason you didn't get a reply is because the RFU isn't covered by the Freedom of Information Act.

FOI requests can only be made towards public sector bodies, and the RFU isn't public sector.
Alatoruk

Post by Alatoruk »

Worth doing if you are disabled.

I am a wheelchair user and since joining the ERSC have been able to get at least one 6n and AI game every year. In fact I once had to turn down tickets because I couldn't justify spending that much money that year. Reading the thread it does seem a waste of time for standard membership but it looks like I've found 1 advantage of the wheelchair (you have to find the positives).

Actually 2nd advantage is needing a carer to go with me. Can usually bribe one of the kids (or the wife if it's a Wales game) to push me around for the chance to go. :smt026 :smt041

Disadvantage - if it rains you tend to get very wet as most wheelchair seats are at the front, so not under cover. Great view point but you pray for good weather.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

tjs10 wrote:
trendylfj wrote:I also was a member for several and never received any tickets I applied for. I even asked under the freedom of informaton act how many memebers had received more than one ticket and received no reply. I should have followed it up.
Almost certainly the reason you didn't get a reply is because the RFU isn't covered by the Freedom of Information Act.

FOI requests can only be made towards public sector bodies, and the RFU isn't public sector.
That would also be my understanding, whilst some non public sector organisations are specifically named as being covered by the Freedom of Information Act (ACPO being an example) I don't think the RFU would be.