Times Up!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Times Up!

Post by bc »

It has been mentioned on numerous posts and caused huge angst amongst supporters but time is now up on Director of Rugby, Richard Cockerill. He has overseen the steady decline of a great and leading rugby club which has always been innovative.
This evening's game demonstrated the lack of imagination he brings - despite all the procession we only had one approach - crash, bang, wallop! No off loading game, no dummy runners and different running lines. That all comes from coaching, you can't expect players to do that off the cuff and on the day.
Of course, this post will receive the usual abuse that comes with any criticism but I have the best interests of the club at heart - I have renewed by season ticket. The board need to really stand up and sort this out - I would also suggest that Simon Cohen's position should be under scrutiny.
The decline has gone on for too long.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Times Up!

Post by RagingBull »

Calling for Cohen to be scrutinised imo is a big step.

The guy is the best around imo.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Give it a few minutes and you'll be blown away by happy clappers!!
The decline has been shown again tonight, how to play was shown by Racing against Stains, hit breakdowns, have players who can catch poor passes and finish overlaps off!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Happy clapper here or whatever else you want to call me.

Who do you suggest we employ as a new DOR. You are quick enough to suggest Cockerill should no longer be it so I presume you have a better idea of who it should be. What kind of rugby will guarantee we win trophies? Quins style? They have 1 Premiership title and no major European trophy. Northampton's style? 1 Premiership title and 1 major European title. Bath's style? When was the last time they won a major trophy?!

I am fed up of people saying it is all Cockerills fault and he should be sacked but no one ever gives a strong enough opinion of what the answer is. It is probably because no one knows which is why we are supporters and not members of the board.

It will be interesting to see how many people calling for Cockerill to be sacked will voice their opinion if we finish in the top 4.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

ellis9 wrote:Happy clapper here or whatever else you want to call me.

Who do you suggest we employ as a new DOR. You are quick enough to suggest Cockerill should no longer be it so I presume you have a better idea of who it should be. What kind of rugby will guarantee we win trophies? Quins style? They have 1 Premiership title and no major European trophy. Northampton's style? 1 Premiership title and 1 major European title. Bath's style? When was the last time they won a major trophy?!

I am fed up of people saying it is all Cockerills fault and he should be sacked but no one ever gives a strong enough opinion of what the answer is. It is probably because no one knows which is why we are supporters and not members of the board.

It will be interesting to see how many people calling for Cockerill to be sacked will voice their opinion if we finish in the top 4.
If its not RC's fault, whose is it?? He picks the teams, sets the tactics and makes the substitutions. If its the players drop them and pick a better side from the squad.
Is Crane better than Barberei, Burns better than Williams, BY the best captain??
Sorry in any business the man at the top has to take the wrap!
RC :smt039 :smt039 IMO if we want to succeed next season!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

RC will still be DOR next season in my opinion. He was given a five year contract and has brought Mauger in next year. If the DOR is changed then Mauger may not be at Welford Road next season.
A new DOR would probably want his own team and Mauger may not want to work with them
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Mauger as new DOR?
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

On our current style of play!!
Maybe Monday we will start a new offloading game!! :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I deeply admire and respect RC, we do not know what is going on behind closed doors at Tigers but he has showed his strength by bringing in Mauger. Its now time to cull some dead wood be they coaches and or players.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

I think the lack of an attacking coach has been exposed excessively this season. Our new defensive coach cannot get his plans off the ground due to injuries.

I think tonight really brought home our problems and with emotions running high its will be difficult, but RC will not be sacked I feel because the clubs loyalty is unshakeable. But this is the real point, there will have to be a monumental improvement next season as there cannot be any excuses with an attacking coach.

For me the real issue is how can a top club not have another top 13 when you know your best one will, when not injured, be away with England.

Our back line depends solely on two players - AA and MT. We have no real combination to replace them.

Tonight's performance was awful.

For me we have had several opportunities to restructure coaching wise but there is this Tigers way of doing things that keeps getting in the way and it has to stop. We need to accept change. Can RC do that, only time will tell but it is running out for me but not for the board.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

well the board is making some huge changes in the Academy side of things ATM.

Replacing McCarthy for Glynn with more focus on transition between Academy and senior rugby.

Troy Thacker has been replace as U17 HC from what I have heard.

I love Murphy as I;m sure every Tigers fan does but I feel he could do with like 2/3 years away learning from another culture if he is to become our future DoR.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

RagingBull wrote:
I love Murphy as I;m sure every Tigers fan does but I feel he could do with like 2/3 years away learning from another culture if he is to become our future DoR.
+1 :smt023
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

If its not RC's fault, whose is it?? He picks the teams, sets the tactics and makes the substitutions. If its the players drop them and pick a better side from the squad.
Is Crane better than Barberei, Burns better than Williams, BY the best captain??
Sorry in any business the man at the top has to take the wrap!
RC :smt039 :smt039 IMO if we want to succeed next season!
Why does it have to be one persons fault? We are a team. We win, lose and draw as a team and we celebrate the good times and support each other when things are not going too well as a team. I use the word 'we' as the players, coaches, board, tea lady and WE as supporters are all part of the Leicester Tigers team. I will back my team 100% always. I don't enjoy turning up to matches and watching poor performances and losses but we need to stick together and support OUR team and not criticise it. I have faith that we can turn things around. That may mean that we don't win anything again this season and if that's the case, then that's how it is. I will still turn up, cheer and support my team, win, lose or draw. I want us to win, don't get me wrong, but I am not going to criticise and blame individuals.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

ellis9 wrote:

I want us to win, don't get me wrong, but I am not going to criticise and blame individuals.
How do we ever improve if we do not ascertain blame, and then make the necessary moves to eradicate the problems?

I want my team to win, but if we lose we do with pride and not a whimper like we have done in so many important games this season....Bath, Scarlets, Gloucs, Quins and tonight!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

How do we ever improve if we do not ascertain blame, and then make the necessary moves to eradicate the problems?
By finding out what the reason/s is/are as to why things are not going as we would like. That isn't blaming someone, that is finding the area/s of weakness and correcting them.

One of the reasons has been the amount of injuries we had. Do you want to blame someone for that?