Gibson going to saints!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Gibson gone to saints!!

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Heres something worth noting..A did we know this a few weeks ago hence why he hasn't played much recently or B could the fact Croft has been picked these past few weeks be the reason he left...

Either way he's gone lets move on..only play him when needed give Croft the game time to get his Lion form back!
At least the guy is loyal and took a pay cut to stay at Tigers.
Only because he knows he wouldn't start anywhere else :smt003 :smt003
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Gibson going to saints!!

Post by The Boy Dave »

You back your players and your own judgement, I can accept that, and you stand and fall accordingly or you should, Gibson was for backing IMO, very disappointed!
Cheery chappy
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

may be we have signed Tom Wood?
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

What the actual :censored:?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Not the best news, Mauger in addition to being the messiah is now also the goose that is going to lay the golden eggs. Brings a whole new meaning to not putting all your eggs in one basket or will it be yet another case of jam tomorrow :smt009 I look forward to some tangible good news and not the continued signing of even more aged journeymen.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The Boy Dave wrote:Fantastic young back row player Gibson, needed backing at this time.
No need to worry though, Crane is the future!
If a player chooses to go, what do you propose the club can do if the contract has finished?
Cheap shot at one of the best forwards on the pitch last week only confirms your lack of understanding of the game or the club.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

sapajo wrote:I look forward to some tangible good news and not the continued signing of even more aged journeymen.
Can you name me a recent signing of an aging journeyman?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

tigerburnie wrote:
The Boy Dave wrote:Fantastic young back row player Gibson, needed backing at this time.
If a player chooses to go, what do you propose the club can do if the contract has finished?
Cheap shot at one of the best forwards on the pitch last week only confirms your lack of understanding of the game or the club.

Just because Crane had a good game or two does not mean he isn't average at best. Secondly if that is Dave's opinion why can he not air it in frustration. Thirdly think you quite massively missed the sarcasm in what you call a 'cheap shot' most of us would see as light humour...
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

tigerburnie
The Boy Dave wrote:
Fantastic young back row player Gibson, needed backing at this time.

Cheap shot at one of the best forwards on the pitch last week only confirms your lack of understanding of the game or the club
Just being honest tigerburnie, and your opinion on performance last week is just another example of how opinions can differ, that's fine.
Crane played OK but I thought Barbieri was an improvement to be honest.
Gibson could have a big future IMO, obviously Saints feel the same.
Lack of understanding, if you say so.
Cheery chappy
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

tigerburnie wrote:
sapajo wrote:I look forward to some tangible good news and not the continued signing of even more aged journeymen.
Thorn, Rizzo, Bai, Barbieri, Loamanu and Ghiraldini.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

And lack of understanding of the game or club :smt005 who are you to say such things...Crane is great at the base of the scrum we all know that but please enlighten me where else he really shows his class?

You may be upset TB but that was a poor post..
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Spicer wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:
Thorn, Rizzo, Bai, Barbieri, Loamanu and Ghiraldini.
All of whom are capped internationals and none of whom really fall into a "journeyman" category.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The Boy Dave wrote:
tigerburnie
The Boy Dave wrote:
Fantastic young back row player Gibson, needed backing at this time.

Cheap shot at one of the best forwards on the pitch last week only confirms your lack of understanding of the game or the club
Just being honest tigerburnie, and your opinion on performance last week is just another example of how opinions can differ, that's fine.
Crane played OK but I thought Barbieri was an improvement to be honest.
Gibson could have a big future IMO, obviously Saints feel the same.
Lack of understanding, if you say so.
Fair comment, a smiley might help read if it's tongue in cheek or a cheap shot, I mis read your intentions.
As for the others, sure Daves big enough to answer for himself and he has done so with maybe more dignity than I deserved, well done to him.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Hot_Charlie wrote:All of whom are capped internationals and none of whom really fall into a "journeyman" category.
Thorn is also a short term signing for our injured skipper I believe, signed at short notice to help us out. He certainly does not look like he falls into such a category, quite a few on here were demanding he be made captain not so long ago.
TheproudTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheproudTiger »

And that concludes todays bit of fun. :smt023