Gibson going to saints!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BIttySmalls

Re: Gibson gone to saints!!

Post by BIttySmalls »

TigerLad wrote:
BIttySmalls wrote:This is extremely bad news. Gibson has been excellent for some time. :smt009

I think I will bite my tongue until this has settled in and not mention our inability to retain talent. Instead I will just hope that there is some unbelievably good replacement winging his way from abroad and this will prove to be a stroke of genius.......

.......please, please, please let this be the case.
It has to be. Don't want Gibson anywhere near the starting XV if there are alternatives. Shocking lack of loyalty from him.
Good point, I can't help but feel a little bitterness towards Gibson too. Croft will be the regular starter (injuries permitting) until the end of the season anyway.
TheproudTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheproudTiger »

Please don't even mention Super Salvi going as that would be just wrong.
He is one of the best we have ever had.
Im just off to pray to the Rugby god to ask him to help - as our board seem to have lost the plot with our beloved club. :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TheproudTiger wrote:Please don't even mention Super Salvi going as that would be just wrong.
He is one of the best we have ever had.
Im just off to pray to the Rugby god to ask him to help - as our board seem to have lost the plot with our beloved club. :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
the lastest talk is that Salvi is keen to stay.

Bayonne are not in it according to their fans.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Let him go if he wants. If he thinks joining Saints is better for him, or his pocket, then so be it. It's a shame he is leaving but I have faith in Cockerill to bring in a replacement. Gibson doesn't want to be part of one the biggest rugby clubs in the world so he has decided to go elsewhere. Good luck to him for the future Gibson.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

ellis9 wrote:Let him go if he wants. If he thinks joining Saints is better for him, or his pocket, then so be it. It's a shame he is leaving but I have faith in Cockerill to bring in a replacement. Gibson doesn't want to be part of one the biggest rugby clubs in the world so he has decided to go elsewhere. Good luck to him for the future Gibson.
Not being confrontational, but what have you seen in the last three years of recruitment that gives you such confidence?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Well after a busy morning in the office I have only just got here...Personally this makes me excited about who is coming in to replace him :smt003 glass half full and all that..

Plus Sinners obviously thought they needed a nice boy in their back row and whilst I think Gibson has been great I don't think he will ever hit the heights of Croft et al good all-rounder without any stand out attributes such as pace or power..
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Could this be the start of a conscious effort to reduce the amount of England or future England players we have to lessen the impact of the 6 nations, autumn games and world cups?
Surreytiger

Post by Surreytiger »

:smt011 Looks like Tait , Gibson and Parling in one week !
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Wow. Shocked at that.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

1. Jamie Gibson to replace Steve Mafi
2. Owen Williams
3. Freddie Burns. He hasn't been at his best but will come good again
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

ellis9 wrote:Let him go if he wants. If he thinks joining Saints is better for him, or his pocket, then so be it. It's a shame he is leaving but I have faith in Cockerill to bring in a replacement. Gibson doesn't want to be part of one the biggest rugby clubs in the world so he has decided to go elsewhere. Good luck to him for the future Gibson.
+1
Players come and go but my support stays here! Those not happy to stick by the club can go down the road to Wasps or Saints. Whoever pulls on the red green and white will get my backing. Good luck to those who leave. Seen lots of terrific players go either to other clubs or retirement but one thing is constant my love for Tigers. Thought nobody could replace Hare and along came Liley, then Stimpson, then Murphy, then Tait etc. We will survive :smt027
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Fantastic young back row player Gibson, needed backing at this time.
No need to worry though, Crane is the future!
Cheery chappy
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Should the thread not read, Gibson going to Saints? Whilst disappointing to see players come and go, they are professionals and go where they feel they can develop and face challenges.
Gibson has only been here a couple of years and maybe it was intention to move on.
I am sure that there are going to be other players / staff leaving the club at some time but I trust the people in the background to be looking into options to fill the gap.
Mauger coming over next year may bring with him some coaches and players.

The whole Premiership is swings and roundabouts.

I am sure that the players that are leaving will continue to give their all on the field. Anything less wwould not look god on them and they are all wanting to win.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

The Boy Dave wrote:Fantastic young back row player Gibson, needed backing at this time.
No need to worry though, Crane is the future!
At least the guy is loyal and took a pay cut to stay at Tigers.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tigerbeat wrote:Should the thread not read, Gibson going to Saints? Whilst disappointing to see players come and go, they are professionals and go where they feel they can develop and face challenges.
Gibson has only been here a couple of years and maybe it was intention to move on.
I am sure that there are going to be other players / staff leaving the club at some time but I trust the people in the background to be looking into options to fill the gap.
Mauger coming over next year may bring with him some coaches and players.

The whole Premiership is swings and roundabouts.

I am sure that the players that are leaving will continue to give their all on the field. Anything less wwould not look god on them and they are all wanting to win.
Always one :smt003