Has there been a good game in the Champions Cup this weekend

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Has there been a good game in the Champions Cup this weekend

Post by biffer »

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed our win over Scarlets. But most of the games have been pretty one sided, so while there's been some good rugby in terms of skill, its been a bit short of excitement.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Has there been a good game in the Champions Cup this wee

Post by MJ Chairman »

Thought the hairy queens insects game was a cracking watch and the game was a lot closer than the scoreboard suggests.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

MJ Chairman wrote:Thought the hairy queens insects game was a cracking watch and the game was a lot closer than the scoreboard suggests.
Agree with that - immense tension throughout. Also showed just how good Goodey is!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Have to agree that.The Quins v Wasps game was superb, especially as that old favourite of mine, Andy Goode showed again that he is the best fly half in the British Isles.In fact, come on Lancaster pick him for the World Cup to bow out on.
Wasps now look a good bet for a place in the top 4 so come on Tigers,like Bath and Wasps let's get back to the glory days and somehow get into the top 4 of the prem. Europe is a no hope Zone now so the focus has to be on the tricky six nations period and of COURSE BEATING SAINTS IN THE LVCUP, far more important than Ulster!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

You should've waited until this afternoon to watch Barf demolish Toulouse.
I started the game wanting Floody and his friends to give Bath a beating but was won over by some sparkling play by Agulla, Watson, Eastmond and Louw.
OK, perhaps Toulouse had nothing to lose (sorry!) and may be this was typified by a slothful performance by Johnstone and a pathetic collapse by Huguet, but in the end you had to give Bath their due in scoring 4 of the best tries you'll see all season
cpwhelan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cpwhelan »

WE'VE JUST SEEN IT - BRILLIANT ATTACKING STUFF FROM BATH!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Were there any ex tigers in that team Chris?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Lot better quality than some of Edinburghs in the second tier though biffer.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

tigercaspian wrote:You should've waited until this afternoon to watch Barf demolish Toulouse.
I started the game wanting Floody and his friends to give Bath a beating but was won over by some sparkling play by Agulla, Watson, Eastmond and Louw.
OK, perhaps Toulouse had nothing to lose (sorry!) and may be this was typified by a slothful performance by Johnstone and a pathetic collapse by Huguet, but in the end you had to give Bath their due in scoring 4 of the best tries you'll see all season
Bath were excellent, although Toulouse were nowhere near what I'd expected. Johnson in particular was dreadful.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

jgriffin wrote:
MJ Chairman wrote:Thought the hairy queens insects game was a cracking watch and the game was a lot closer than the scoreboard suggests.
Agree with that - immense tension throughout. Also showed just how good Goodey is!
Agree, What crossed my mind was how well Wasps dealt with the Quins offload and their defence was really really good. Haskell's work rate was superb 25 tackles 3 of which were hold at the maul - did his England selection no end of good.

As for Bath - well monstrous Eastmond, Joseph, Watson, Ford brilliant. Make you ask the question does England still want to play the 'farrell' 'defend to win' game plan or does SL have the cohornes to make the changes? Find out this week I guess?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

tigerburnie wrote:Lot better quality than some of Edinburghs in the second tier though biffer.
Edinburgh's game wasn't exactly enlivened by huge amounts of quality, but it was :censored: tense!

Point I was making was about close, exciting games rather than level of quality.

Think ospreys and saints might just give us it though.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The reffing made it tense - Ospreys were hardly ever legal at the breakdown, largely unpenalised. At one point I was counting the number of flying flops, and taking out men beyond the breakdown was incessant.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Billb
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Billb »

Agree that the Toulouse - Bath game was good, but how on earth did Banahan stay on the pitch for that head tackle. Would it have changed the result if he had been sent off?
Surely he will be cited, given that the ref decided that there was no need to even review the challenge.
BillB
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Billb wrote:Agree that the Toulouse - Bath game was good, but how on earth did Banahan stay on the pitch for that head tackle. Would it have changed the result if he had been sent off?
Surely he will be cited, given that the ref decided that there was no need to even review the challenge.

Yeah, I thought that was a definite card. Ma well have made a difference.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Billb
It might be that as Huguet had previously flopped to the floor like he'd been shot, that the ref decided he couldn't tell whether it was that serious or not.
The only disappointment was that Banahan didn't inflict it on Huguet!!
In most circumstances, a deffo yellow though.