Scarlets at home

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Scarlets at home

Post by Big Dai »

Currently sat in the "One Eyed Turk" doing a little "Silver Surfing" but have been encouraged by the locals to tell you all that Tigers are going to get a severe whooping next week.

I would propose the words "Severe test" but after yesterday I just don't have the energy to argue.

The beer tastes pretty good however the flack I'm receiving is some of the heaviest I've had to tolerate.

OK then folks they want to know...........who plays, who's dropped and how can we beat them?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Scarlets at home

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Big Dai wrote:Currently sat in the "One Eyed Turk" doing a little "Silver Surfing" but have been encouraged by the locals to tell you all that Tigers are going to get a severe whooping next week.

I would propose the words "Severe test" but after yesterday I just don't have the energy to argue.

The beer tastes pretty good however the flack I'm receiving is some of the heaviest I've had to tolerate.

OK then folks they want to know...........who plays, who's dropped and how can we beat them?
I'm hoping that there's a bit (ok, a lot) of a backlash coming on Friday and after a week of hairdryer treatment at Oval Park I'd send the same 15 out (injuries permitting) to try and redeem themselves.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

When will we get past the hairdryer treatment being the answer? A rather more intelligent approach to man management would be welcome. Not all rugby players get motivated by beasting and being shouted at! If that is how it must be at Leicester, presumably the more intelligent players who have the capacity to drive the team forward should leave for pastures new?

Is that why we have so few leaders on the field, and players who think for themselves and can read the game and react to what they see in front of them?
Valhalla I am coming!
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

There is no point in looking for anything than a 5 point win or the Belfast trip will be a dead rubber. I would move Tait up to 13, he looked the most dangerous open field runner and play Bai and Burns inside him
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

As we need a bonus point win, and if we loose, then players can be rested for the following 3 weeks, there is no harm taking a couple of gambles. That said I don't see too many changes.

Hopefully one of the 13's will be fit allowing Goneva to go out on wing. I hope Brad Thorn can start. Both Parling and Kitchener are great players, but I would prefer the likes of Thorn/ Slater (when fit again) to play alongside one of them.

I would try to get to 50/60 minutes with the scores close and two tries in the bag and then bring on a strong bench. It would be great to bring on Logo, Manu, Kitch, Burns, Harrison and Croft and really attack them.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

IF Toulon get a TBP win against Ulster isn't that it pretty much? We would need 2 TBP wins to match them on points alone. And no chance of going as one of the two runners up.

Although we should win both these games.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I would put Gibson back into the team. Mulipola in for Balmain. It doesn't really matter what you do with the backs currently, they will play poorly. I think we will win, but not get 5 points.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

fleabane wrote:When will we get past the hairdryer treatment being the answer? A rather more intelligent approach to man management would be welcome. Not all rugby players get motivated by beasting and being shouted at! If that is how it must be at Leicester, presumably the more intelligent players who have the capacity to drive the team forward should leave for pastures new?

Is that why we have so few leaders on the field, and players who think for themselves and can read the game and react to what they see in front of them?
:smt005
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Also don't think a hairdryer would work with some players...............

Like Mulipola I mean with his hair a hairdryer wouldn't cope with the knots etc he would need something like a jet engine to dry it. or just shake his head really really fast.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I hope Scully is fit and primed in place of Benjamin, but Bai was a good bench replacement.
Scarlets were terrible against Glasgow on Scrum V on Friday and will be seeking a result.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I wish I could find a link to Logo's photo when he was being fitted for his suit! One grumpy prop. Wouldn't eve n try a hairdryer!

However I would pick him to start on Friday

Marcos, Leo, Logo,

Brad (if fit) Kitch

Gibbo, Salvi, Barbieri (I think crane was injured when he came off?)

Shazam, Owen

Allen and Bai in the centre

Back three Nikki, Tait and Tombstone.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Guinness&Nuts
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Guinness&Nuts »

Big Dai

I agree with your selection. Croft offers a little more than Gibson in the lineout, however in every other aspect Gibson wins hands down at the moment. Mulipola has to start just to give us an extra ball carrier and Bai was excellent when he came on against Quins.

Benjamine is a liability and Thompstone is getting better by the game, so a back three of Goneva, Tait & Thompstone works for me.
Johndudey
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Johndudey »

Our home form hasn't actually been too bad, so hopefully if we create another bit of spectacular atmo sphere we'll smash it on Friday. Can't see too much else being done to sort the team out, unless they add that little bit of magic themselves.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Think people are being overly harsh on Benjamin the whole backline was a bit of a liability yesterday (Barr Williams (Not slight return & Tait) Benjamin put in some big shifts against Sale and Bath.

Although If Scully is fit he should start his kick chase is sorely needed.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

RagingBull wrote:Think people are being overly harsh on Benjamin the whole backline was a bit of a liability yesterday (Barr Williams (Not slight return & Tait) Benjamin put in some big shifts against Sale and Bath.

Although If Scully is fit he should start his kick chase is sorely needed.
Williams was fine until he came back on for Burns. His kicking and passing was woeful and it looked like he had mentally switched off completely.