Redevelopment of new club house end stand

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Redevelopment of new club house end stand

Post by Noggs »

I understood that the decision of whether or not to proceed with the development of the proposed club house end stand this summer would be taken yesterday. Has anyone heard anything regarding this decision?
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Redevelopment of new club house end stand

Post by fentiger »

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Very different to the previous proposal of a 'horse shoe' wrap around stand. More details here:

http://fdweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/ ... x?pbfc=599

I suspect that this means that the H&B will also be developed as a 'stand alone' building (no pun intended) and that we will keep the Goldsmiths as is. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Noggs wrote:I understood that the decision of whether or not to proceed with the development of the proposed club house end stand this summer would be taken yesterday. Has anyone heard anything regarding this decision?
Sorry Noggs but that link does not work for me when I click it or paste it into the browser
Jez

Only Winners Win!
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Noggs wrote:Very different to the previous proposal of a 'horse shoe' wrap around stand. More details here:

I suspect that this means that the H&B will also be developed as a 'stand alone' building (no pun intended) and that we will keep the Goldsmiths as is. :smt009
The far side still has the sloping roofline and it seems to extend this end along way past the pitch edge, maybe its designed in a way to then extend into a horseshoe
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:
Noggs wrote:I understood that the decision of whether or not to proceed with the development of the proposed club house end stand this summer would be taken yesterday. Has anyone heard anything regarding this decision?
Sorry Noggs but that link does not work for me when I click it or paste it into the browser
This one is the one that worked for me: http://fdweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/ ... x?pbfc=118
Off Piste Tiger

Post by Off Piste Tiger »

I thought that parts of The Club House were "Listed" and would have to be retained in any redevelopment. The picture appears to show it will be demolished ?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

dunks43 wrote:
Noggs wrote:Very different to the previous proposal of a 'horse shoe' wrap around stand. More details here:

The far side still has the sloping roofline and it seems to extend this end along way past the pitch edge, maybe its designed in a way to then extend into a horseshoe
Agreed - it looks like it may be able to be integrated later on with the area of roofline you can see (and looking at the plans).
Last edited by Hot_Charlie on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Courtesy of Yorkie on the unoffy.

Ok. First click link.

Then type MPM9173 into the 3rd box down (site ref) and click search.

On next page, click on the application number of the top application dated 19/12/14.

Go to the bottom of the page you now see and click the bottom pdf "other related planning documents". You'll then see a series of pages you can double click on to enlarge them. (Or click all the little boxes to open all the pages.)
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote:Courtesy of Yorkie on the unoffy.

Ok. First click link.

Then type MPM9173 into the 3rd box down (site ref) and click search.

On next page, click on the application number of the top application dated 19/12/14.

Go to the bottom of the page you now see and click the bottom pdf "other related planning documents". You'll then see a series of pages you can double click on to enlarge them. (Or click all the little boxes to open all the pages.)
For those who can't even do that, just google MPM9173. :smt001
Johndudey
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Johndudey »

Absolutely buzzing about this. The stadium is already amazing and this new development will make me even more proud of Welford Road! We can more than accomadate the 26,000 and the atmosphere is gonna be even more spot on!
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Looks to me like the outline of the new design follows the basic profile of the last published design but the roof profile is reduced on each dimension, so its impact is less and it cant be said to have increased the requirements so creating negative impressions/publicity. Nice move.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Grimlish wrote:Looks to me like the outline of the new design follows the basic profile of the last published design but the roof profile is reduced on each dimension, so its impact is less and it cant be said to have increased the requirements so creating negative impressions/publicity. Nice move.
Slightly simpler (more angular profile rather than the previous flowing curve) probably means considerably cheaper to build.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

I haven't seen the plan view. Do we know if the in-goal area is likely to be extended under the stand/offices, thereby extending the length of the pitch?
A life long Tiger
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Interesting, no terrace???