Redevelopment of new club house end stand

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TomR96
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Redevelopment of new club house end stand

Post by TomR96 »

I think it would be a good idea if Tigers followed a similar path to that of German football teams. Bringing the cost of season ticket and match day tickets down to ensure sell outs every game. This would generate more income from tickets, food and drink, club shop etc. It would also provide a fantastic atmosphere constantly throughout every home game.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

chipnchase wrote:Very good point Biffa, the closest I could find to mention of the semi finals is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_R ... mpions_Cup

When mentioning the clubhouse frontage i'm not talking about the whole building just the brick work that says 'Leicester Football Club 1909', its only a small thing but I think it would be a nice touch for players to pass under when entering the stadium.
If you're just talking about keeping a section of brickwork it may well be possible to cut is out of the frontage and retain it for further use, perhaps as a feature in one of the bars. It will, however, need to be suggested to higher management :smt002
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

chipnchase wrote:
Noggs wrote:
chipnchase wrote:28,500 is a suitable number if we are being honest. To get that size crowd and fill it every week is a big ask, just look at how often we sell out since the CAT stand was built.

If Leicester City survive in the Premiership for a couple more years there are already plans to add an additional tier onto the West stand and bring the capacity up to 40k+, so in the event we claim a home semi final again in Europe the game can be moved there and cope with the increased demand it would bring.
Would prefer we stay at WR and win, whatever the capacity :smt002
Sadly not possible as European Semi Finals need to be played at a 'neutral' venue not the 'home teams' club ground. Hence the King Power with an increased capacity would allow us to play the game in Leicester in front of a larger crowd without the need to go over to Villa Park, City Of Manchester or even Twickenham in order to get more bums on seats.
New rules this year state...2.5 The semi-finals will be played at venues designated by EPCR, with the opponents in each match determined by a draw conducted by EPCR. The final will be played at a venue designated by EPCR.

In other words the Epcr will decide on a venue that can generate the most cash for them
StaffordTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by StaffordTiger »

Great news that the club have annouced this. Hopefully the permission will be granted soon ready to start work in the summer. That side of the ground is in desperate need of redevelopment in my opinion.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

StaffordTiger wrote:Great news that the club have annouced this. Hopefully the permission will be granted soon ready to start work in the summer. That side of the ground is in desperate need of redevelopment in my opinion.
That's one way of getting rid of the old television in the Captain's Bar!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TomR96 wrote:I think it would be a good idea if Tigers followed a similar path to that of German football teams. Bringing the cost of season ticket and match day tickets down to ensure sell outs every game. This would generate more income from tickets, food and drink, club shop etc. It would also provide a fantastic atmosphere constantly throughout every home game.
That's kind of in place with the A*, A & B categorisation of games anyway. Most of the former two are sell-outs or very near sell outs, and the latter we still tend to get around 20000 through the gates. Not bad really.

Selling tickets cheaply doesn't necessarily mean atmosphere. Just ask Saracens or Quins. I was at Wembley for the "world record" breaking "atmosphere".
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

As long as the big screen is still in place. They have both been a fantastic additions to the ground. Especially for those of us on the terrace with little legs.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

For JFJ who isn't a fan of Beyoncé and whose talking about her singing?
No the bigger the venue the more revenue for the club, that's my argument. And I'm sure that on 4 or 5 occasions every season the ground would be full to capacity.
bigphil

Post by bigphil »

wormus wrote:
StaffordTiger wrote:Great news that the club have annouced this. Hopefully the permission will be granted soon ready to start work in the summer. That side of the ground is in desperate need of redevelopment in my opinion.
That's one way of getting rid of the old television in the Captain's Bar!
You obviously haven't been in the Captains bar for a while as it has a 42" LCD screen and has for over a year. Now the ABC and Crumbie bars, that's a different story!
Tigermatt1980

Post by Tigermatt1980 »

Hi has anyone heard the rumours that the tigers v saints match on Saturday 16 May will be played at the king power stadium if tigers get the ok from the planners re the clubhouse stand and that's why the tickets for the game are not on sale yet. I hope it's not true.
Last edited by Tigermatt1980 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Noddy555 wrote:Yes R B but that was only their second game if they can average that through the season they would move into the top three on attendances.
We have to think of off season use and the bigger the stadium capacity the more attractive it will become to the bigger bands like Cold play Rolling Stones and artists like Beyoncé etc.
Alot of people took up the offer of £15 tickets for both the first two games.

Be interesting to see the numbers on games 4 and 5...
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Tigermatt1980 wrote:Hi has anyone heard the rumours that the tigers v saints match on Saturday 16 May will be played at the king power stadium if tigers get the ok from the planners re the clubhouse stand and that's why the tickets for the game are not on sale yet. I hope it's not true.
Not the end of the world, means the new stand will be built on time with no effect on the following season and the club could make a big day with a 30k+ crowd for a clash with our friends from just down the road. That's where selling cheap tickets has its benefits!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigermatt1980 wrote:Hi has anyone heard the rumours that the tigers v saints match on Saturday 16 May will be played at the king power stadium if tigers get the ok from the planners re the clubhouse stand and that's why the tickets for the game are not on sale yet. I hope it's not true.
The tickets are not on sale yet because they are being offered as a carrot to buy a season ticket taster for which this match is included. Good news for the club but as a selfish season ticket holder I am not best pleased as it denudes one of the few associated privilege's a season ticket holder has left ie having first crack on match ticket sales. :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I would have thought that work could start on the demolition of the club house and commencement of ground works, with the big screen left in place along with safe egress for the north and south stands, before the end of the season. We would loose a bit of revenue if the temporary stand also had to be removed but I would have thought that this would be much less than the cost of moving the game to the king power even with sales from the additional capacity.

We will have more chance of winning what is likely to be a key game if we play at WR.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

This has been emailed by the club to season ticket holders:-

"Tickets for the season finale on May 16 against Northampton Saints will go on sale first to Season Ticket holders to be able to buy for friends and family. These tickets will be available in person, on the phone and online after the final whistle at the Scarlets game on Friday, January 16."
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity