Not great timing from the RWC team

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AlphaWiseOwl

Not great timing from the RWC team

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

As a potential RWC volunteer I received an e-mail today which set out the time frame during which those selected will be notified. We are told that those who are offered a place will be invited to England 2015’s Workforce Kick-Off event, scheduled for Saturday 16th May 2015. Not only is that the date of our home game against Northampton it is also the final weekend of the regular Premiership season. I hope they will understand if a large proportion of those selected find that supporting their club in what could be a decisive weekend will come first in their priorities. I appreciate that it must be hard to find a suitable date but perhaps waiting a couple more weeks to see out the Premiership and European Finals would mean that more will be free to attend? Any volunteer who supports a Premiership, Pro 12 or Top 14 club will have to decide where their loyalty lies that weekend. The RWC organisers really could not have done a better job of getting a clean sweep on that one.
lind

Re: Not great timing from the RWC team

Post by lind »

Agree about bad timing. Wondered if it was essential to go to the meet up rather than Tigers v Saints. Would prefer the latter but unsure how that would be viewed
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

I suppose until we know if we have been picked it is all a bit academic but I'm sure there will be people who have got weddings or other events fixed which simply cannot be changed or missed. We have had plans in place for my cousin and his wife to visit for the weekend and to take in the game. I only see him every 3-4 years so come what may, we will be at Tigers. The RWC team surely must understand. They surely cannot hold it against us. They surely can't expect all 6000 to turn up, can they? I am hoping hat if picked, that is a final decision and other than a subsequent illness which puts you out of action long term, you're in.
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Assuming that Tigers v Northampton isn't moved to suit TV!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

KevinR wrote:Assuming that Tigers v Northampton isn't moved to suit TV!

All final round matches are scheduled to kick off at the same time on 16th May.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk