Music played at the ground

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

paulwhitmore

Music played at the ground

Post by paulwhitmore »

For me, the music played at the ground is a big part of the pre-match build up and post match celebrations. I was a bit disappointed on Sunday not to hear the "Lose Yourself" instrumental build up before "Smoke on the Water", and then at the end, the commentator talked all over Katie Perry's "Roar". :smt010

Also, on the subject of the pre/post match commentator - nobody can beat Martin Ballard !
Last edited by paulwhitmore on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Music played at the ground

Post by JackFlashJonny »

BRING BACK REM!

Shiny Happy People was the soundtrack of my youth at the Tigers and for them to have changed this to the Black eyes peas I got a feeling or Katy Perry Roar is very sad!
castrofan
Tiger Cub

Post by castrofan »

Where`s "welcome to the jungle " when the opposing team come out ?

I miss that ! :smt009
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Bring back Thunderbirds "standby for action". Perhaps it was ditched due to the trade description laws :smt003
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TheproudTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheproudTiger »

I Agree as I also like the Eminem intro and welcome to the jungle.
I was hoping that when they play AC/DC "Thunder" that the crowd would all sing TIGERS instead of THUNDER but it hasn't seemed to catch on.
We sit in the Crumbie and people all clap along to the Black Eyed Peas so that still seems popular. :smt023
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

JackFlashJohnny, Shiny Happy People was indeed playing after the game on Sunday by the time I had escaped from the back of the Goldsmiths...............
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I believe we MUST honour Brad and play "Thorn in my side" how great it would have been just after his first score on Sunday.
Yes the music creates the family atmosphere in the ground.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

paulwhitmore wrote:I was a bit disappointed on Sunday not to hear the "Lose Yourself" instrumental build up before "Smoke on the Water"
Tigers were out on the pitch warming up until quite close to kick-off time on Sunday, later than they usually do. I wonder if this had any bearing on the reduced musical intro?
paulwhitmore wrote:then at the end, the commentator talked all over Katie Perry's "Roar". :smt010
Horse for courses but, for me, this was absolutely no loss whatsoever :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

paulwhitmore wrote:
Also, on the subject of the pre/post match commentator - nobody can beat Martin Ballard !
I see your Martin Ballard and I raise you a Tudor Thomas.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
paulwhitmore wrote:I was a bit disappointed on Sunday not to hear the "Lose Yourself" instrumental build up before "Smoke on the Water"
Tigers were out on the pitch warming up until quite close to kick-off time on Sunday, later than they usually do. I wonder if this had any bearing on the reduced musical intro?
paulwhitmore wrote:then at the end, the commentator talked all over Katie Perry's "Roar". :smt010
Horse for courses but, for me, this was absolutely no loss whatsoever :smt003
I had just assumed it was so because they had to play the classical intro that precedes every televised European game.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

I find most of the pre-match music to be awful head banging tripe. Where are all the Tiger themed tracks such as Tiger Feet and Eye of the Tiger? Likewise why not play uplifting and celebratory tracks such as Fanfare for the Common Man, We are the Champions etc. Anything to get the foot tapping and the crowd "up" for the game rather than a tuneless dirge from some forgettable C-list band?
:smt027
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:... a tuneless dirge from some forgettable C-list band?
If you're referring to Smoke On The Water, may I inform you Deep Purple have sold in excess of 100 million albums worldwide (see here) and the opening riff to SOTW is instantly recognisable. However, it appears you would prefer something from a 1970s glam rock band. Deep Purple are still going: what are Mud up to nowadays?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

[quote="InGuinnessVeritas]what are Mud up to nowadays?[/quote]

They'll be lonely this Christmas........
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:I find most of the pre-match music to be awful head banging tripe. Where are all the Tiger themed tracks such as Tiger Feet and Eye of the Tiger? Likewise why not play uplifting and celebratory tracks such as Fanfare for the Common Man, We are the Champions etc. Anything to get the foot tapping and the crowd "up" for the game rather than a tuneless dirge from some forgettable C-list band?
:smt027
I agree about the 'Tiger' reference tracks, although I'm also in agreement with IGV to some degree, no Tiger Feet too close to running out please :smt003 As for playing We Are The Champions? We're not, and even if we were I would see that as the kind of stunt Sarries might pull :smt002 it may even draw derision from other supporters :smt005 That track should be (specifically) played after a Final, for the winning team/supporters to sing. Admittedly, if it was part of the general musical build up no-one would probably notice, as long as a big thing wasn't made of it.

I would be interested to know who the C-list band you refer to is. C-list, along with, 'uplifting' and 'celebratory' are quite subjective.

I stand on the terrace for two hours prior to kick-off (usually) and there's a fairly eclectic musical accompaniment on offer. :smt023
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Smoke on the Water just makes you want to screech and clap. It's ideal tunnel music.

My 7yo daughter plays "Roar" incessantly. Have some sympathy :smt022