Castro interview

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Castro interview

Post by voice of the crumbie »

TomWeston wrote:Ayerza had Heyman in his pocket in the QF a couple of years ago so not too much to worry about in that department.
Agreed.

Marcos also dominated Hayman on Sunday. So no worries there. In fact if Hayman goes off after 50 or 60 mins and Castro is not in the squad that means Marcos will be facing their 3rd choice tight head. Augurs well!

Also Cole was on top of their loosehead Chioci. So if we keep a similar game plan as on Saturday, raise the intensity another notch and avoid giving Toulon easy chances I am hopeful of a result in Tigers' favour.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

TigerLad wrote:
fentiger wrote:Now confirmed by RCT that Castro will not play on Saturday.
Dissapointing. We would have targeted him at scrum time. Ayerza had Heyman in his pocket in the QF a couple of years ago so not too much to worry about in that department. That must be an area we will be targeting.
But remember what damage Botha's dropped knee did to Marcos' collarbone!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hayman is a world class TH prop.

But Ayerza loves to play against Hayman style props, his body shape and technique is perfect for it.
Vic

Post by Vic »

I feel let down by Castro. He was fighting my husband for top spot in my affection :smt002 but Sunday night's rant knocked him off the top spot. Whatever he thinks or feels, he must try to leave it all behind him. It seems he can't.

I whooped and cheered when Castro was on our pitch this weekend and I feel as though I've been taken for a mug by him. Not forgiven. :smt010
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Maximus66 wrote:
dunks43 wrote:apparantly he has now apologised

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... uthed-rant
What utter rot. I especially like the line that he was only aiming to change people's perceptions of why he left Tigers :smt019
Sorry to burst your balloon Martin, but most of us had moved on from that little soap opera and your sorry little outburst only ended up overshadowing what was an excellent win for the club and Tigers supporters.

I don't buy this Italian passion nonsense either, it was a lack of self control, on and off the pitch, pure and simple.
You came back to Welford Road to good-will cheers from your former fans, you got bested at the scrum, then your team lost.
At least try to show some dignity and stop running down the club you claim to love, by any media outlet available.
I agree with the above, no excuses pure and simple!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

fentiger wrote:Toulon have suspended Castro for 3 days (!!) and 'slashed' his December salary :smt017
Source: RCT twitter feed.
Pathetic response from Toulon. I hope the FFR and/or EPCR have a better one!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

can you provide the link for this - I have only been able to find links which say the opposite and says that he will play
Hehehehehehehehe
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

trendylfj wrote:
can you provide the link for this - I have only been able to find links which say the opposite and says that he will play
Unlikely to play!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... erill.html
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

being pedantic - confirmed will not and unlikely sre not quite the same
Hehehehehehehehe
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

That information came from Rus Petty on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/rpetty80/status/542400589989019650
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

I'm not that worried about what Castro said. His main barbs were aimed at Cockers, not Tigers, and he did make some effort to make that distinction.

My main problem with it is that it means there's been no focus whatsoever on Armitage's outburst - swearing at fans is much worse than swearing at the press in my mind.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

biffer wrote:I'm not that worried about what Castro said. His main barbs were aimed at Cockers, not Tigers, and he did make some effort to make that distinction.

My main problem with it is that it means there's been no focus whatsoever on Armitage's outburst - swearing at fans is much worse than swearing at the press in my mind.
No defence for either. In my eyes Castros outburst was driven by (misguided) 'passion', whilst Armitages was pure thuggery!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I agree Biffer wish there was more focus on Armitage he has always been a classless fool and that deserves to be punished far more than Castro..A lot of talent but wow is he a prize turd!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

fentiger wrote:
biffer wrote:I'm not that worried about what Castro said. His main barbs were aimed at Cockers, not Tigers, and he did make some effort to make that distinction.

No defence for either. In my eyes Castros outburst was driven by (misguided) 'passion', whilst Armitages was pure thuggery!

Yep - but I'd rather see thuggery punished than misguided passion!
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

G.K wrote:
fentiger wrote:Toulon have suspended Castro for 3 days (!!) and 'slashed' his December salary :smt017
Source: RCT twitter feed.
Pathetic response from Toulon. I hope the FFR and/or EPCR have a better one!
Have the FFR or EPCR commented yet on either Castro or Armitage other than to say they are investigating?