Gonzalo Comacho

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Latecomer

Gonzalo Comacho

Post by Latecomer »

Been with us now for a season and half, but never pulled on the Tigers Jersey for the first team. Is he still injured? If not anyone have any idea why he's not playing?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Gonzalo Comacho

Post by Iain »

As far as I'm aware, still injured. No idea what the injury is or the prognosis off the top of my head. You'd have to assume it isn't good if he's been out this long. You'd have to worry about his career.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Iain wrote:As far as I'm aware, still injured. No idea what the injury is or the prognosis off the top of my head. You'd have to assume it isn't good if he's been out this long. You'd have to worry about his career.
Bad shoulder injury, the same as Manu had, but what I can gather its not responding to well to surgury or physio
Doesnt sound good at all
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Injury.

The is a clause in the Salary cap where if a player has a season long injury his salary will be excluded from the cap.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

RagingBull wrote:Injury.

The is a clause in the Salary cap where if a player has a season long injury his salary will be excluded from the cap.
Not good value for money though, unless his salary is being met by insurance. If not it's just money out of the club.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TomWeston wrote:

Not good value for money though, unless his salary is being met by insurance. If not it's just money out of the club.
Depends
1) How much is he on.

2) what else other than playing he brings.

For example Camacho was one of the key parts in bringing Matera to Leicester so I am told. Senior internationals like himself do have sway over fellow countrymen you know.

It's like Bai he himself was also big driving force in helping us secure Goneva.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

He is an expensive scout cum player agent then :smt002 :smt003
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TomWeston wrote:

I'm sure I read or saw an interview with Cockers somewhere that included mention of the clubs stance on this, I could be wrong and I cannot recall where I read/saw it (or indeed if I just imagined it all), but it went something along the lines of 6 months at full pay, 3 months at reduced pay (can't remember if/what percentage) and then after that you're on your own (insurance?). A bit like maternity pay I guess.....waiting for the product to arrive :smt003

It could even have been first 6 months at half pay and next 3 months at quarter pay - it's that sketchy. As I said, it's only a faint glimmer in the back of my mind, it may have been an interview on BT Sport following a match rather than printed in, say for example, the Merc'

I suppose it may depend on the contract but I can't imagine different players are treated differently in a contractural sense.

Edit:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/stand ... story.html

Aha, good to know I've not completely lost it!

Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill is proud of the club's reputation on that matter and says he has the support of the board to keep it going.

"By definition in a standard contract, if a player is injured long-term, they get six months on full pay, three months at half pay and then have their contract terminated," he said.

read on for the club's stance on players injured for a longer period
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

"Standard Contract" appears to apply to other clubs. Cockerill makes it clear that is NOT the Leicester way. We still have players in contract and being paid after 18 months off sick. That was the whole point of the article - you have it completely backwards, I think.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

You should read on Whitecap

Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill is proud of the club's reputation on that matter and says he has the support of the board to keep it going.

"By definition in a standard contract, if a player is injured long-term, they get six months on full pay, three months at half pay and then have their contract terminated," he said.

"Well, we've had guys injured for 18 months and more – and we still stick by our players.

"That's the philosophy I want within the club.

"Maybe I should be more ruthless and give players their severance. But that's not what we do."
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Comacho was injured whilst playing for Argentina, so I would think (hope) at least some of the expense is being picked up there!
Last edited by fentiger on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

If he doesn't play for the club then it's unfortunate and he won't be offered a new contract. If he does and he repays the clubs faith in him then we will have two quality international wings with Niki aswell. Whether or not he ever will is questionable but it's always good to live in hope isn't it.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

dont expect him to play much for leicester we have good quality wingers at the moment. shame he could of been decent but turned out to be a waste of money.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

RagingBull wrote:You should read on Whitecap

"Well, we've had guys injured for 18 months and more – and we still stick by our players.

"That's the philosophy I want within the club.

"Maybe I should be more ruthless and give players their severance. But that's not what we do."
eh? :smt017

I did read on (which i also suggested others do too at the end of my post)

I didn't quote more as the link was provided. Was well aware of Cocked's and the club's approach to the longer term injured :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Who? Didn't he used to be in the Muppets?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.