Gonzalo Comacho

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Gonzalo Comacho

Post by ourla »

But Iain, in the first instance, if there is something you are not happy with. Do you a) request the club change it or b) stop going?

Secondly, not everything is as black and white as that. People have many reasons for going or not going. Surely, the more reasons they have for going the better? This issue may be the straw that breaks the camels back or it could be make the fan even more loyal.

Thirdly, the club may not be aware of what the fans want unless they make a point of it.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Are people really suggesting that the club not giving them full details of players' long term injuries are a reason that might push you over the edge and decide not to go? Really?

And it is that straightforward to me. I enjoy going to the games. Therefore I pay to do so. Anything else is just detail that feeds my interest.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

This really seems to be a debate about nothing, the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't. We have been told that Camacho was injured and will be available when ready, there have been occasions when we were given an anticipated approximate date and the recovery has turned out to slower than expected and the date therefore extended. The same happened with Tait, Manu Tuilagi and other players. The club are the criticised for raising our hopes or no knowing what is going on. Personally I only want to know when a long term injury is back in full training and return is imminent. If a player is not available my interest centres on the ones that are and I can enjoy the speculation and conjecture of the team make-up next match.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

johnthegriff wrote:This really seems to be a debate about nothing, the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't. We have been told that Camacho was injured and will be available when ready, there have been occasions when we were given an anticipated approximate date and the recovery has turned out to slower than expected and the date therefore extended. The same happened with Tait, Manu Tuilagi and other players. The club are the criticised for raising our hopes or no knowing what is going on. Personally I only want to know when a long term injury is back in full training and return is imminent. If a player is not available my interest centres on the ones that are and I can enjoy the speculation and conjecture of the team make-up next match.
This really.
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

Wow I've really stirred up a storm with this.

Iain is right in as far as buying a season ticket doesn't legally give us the right to know all the ins and outs of the club.

However this is a club in which we are members. The club openly advertises that it wants it's members to feel part of the team or the Tigers family. I would assume that this would mean that Tigers would want to be as transparent as possible with it's members. It would be in the club's best interest, otherwise they would look like they say one thing and do another.

Iain you also pointed out that the club is a PLC and youright in saying that we have shares in this PLC (admittedly very small, but that's not the point). Does this not give us the right as part owners of the club? I know there is probably going to be someone squirreling away looking for the section, sub-section and clause number of the laws regarding sporting PLCs to prove me wrong.

All I am saying is that I/we love this club. We share in the highs and the lows. It would just be nice to know that although we in a low at the moment, we may well get so and so back next month or before the end of the season, so things may be looking up.

It's about over that we have to hear things about our club from the BBC, Leicester Merc and other media sources before we hear it from the club.

Interestingly the Merc did an article today about Comacho back in training and hopefully coming back next month. Quite funny that they even joke that some Leicester fans won't have even heard of him, even though he signed nearly 2 years ago.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

From the Leicester Mercury

"Camacho is in training and, according to Richard Cockerill, is "doing good things" and will be able to "offer something different" when he is fit, which could be next month. I hear he is looking so good, in fact, that Leicester are considering extending his contract. It will be wonderful to see him back on the field after two nightmare years out".

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Signi ... z3SfdKSI3E
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

rich1576 wrote: Iain you also pointed out that the club is a PLC and youright in saying that we have shares in this PLC (admittedly very small, but that's not the point). Does this not give us the right as part owners of the club? I know there is probably going to be someone squirreling away looking for the section, sub-section and clause number of the laws regarding sporting PLCs to prove me wrong.
We're not all shareholders. Only people who were adult members when we floated around 1997 and took up the option of purchasing shares. My Dad does, but alas I was too young.

As a shareholder you are entitled to one vote per share at the AGM and the ability to call an EGM with the support of other shareholders (I forget how many are required). That's all you're entitled to as a shareholder.

The financial records are available for all to view as the club is a limited company. This is the law for all limited companies - their financial records are public documents.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Do you know I'd forgotten about him completely as I think would most of the other Tiger's fans as Comacho who?
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

i think he ended up having 3 surgeries on his shoulder, the first two weren't as good as they could have been. hopefully he'll be sorted and we'll see what the coaches saw prior to him getting broken.
cheers
Rich
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

rich1576 wrote:...Iain you also pointed out that the club is a PLC and youright in saying that we have shares in this PLC (admittedly very small, but that's not the point). Does this not give us the right as part owners of the club? I know there is probably going to be someone squirreling away looking for the section, sub-section and clause number of the laws regarding sporting PLCs to prove me wrong.....
If you were correct in this (for clarity, you're not) don't you think there would be a certain eleven shareholders bombarding the board with demands for details of injured players along with other commercially sensitive information? Do you think it a good idea if the board was obliged to provide this information?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

I really don't know what the issue is anyway. We can see what all the board members earn from the club, but we can't find out if Comacho, Manu or any other injured player is likely to return to full fitness. Why is it such a big secret?

The other issue I have is why can't Tigers tell us things first on the website or by email what is happening before we find out through other media. I know it's a piffling thing but it would just emphasise that actually we are thought of by the club as being part of the Tiger family.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Getting back 'on-thread' Comacho and Scott Hamilton are off to Coventry (the real one, not the Rico Rejects) to get some game time, with an eye to them getting some game time before the end of the season.

This was direct from RC on Radio Leicester in his post game interview today.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

Just a thought, but if comacho and bubbles are out on loan, do they fall outside of the salary cap and therefore would allow us to take another fly half on loan?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Apparently Floody was at Welford Road for today's game!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tigerbeat wrote:Apparently Floody was at Welford Road for today's game!!
Injury dispensation signing for Owen W? :smt002 :smt003