Sack the DOR

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Re: Sack the DOR

Post by Rizzo »

Greenwhiteandred wrote:I notice a lot of people have viewed this topic - probably a lot of doom mongers looking for a place to vent their spleen. I am so glad that they have probably been disappointed. Although I think everyone on this forum should really start a campaign to sack Mark McCall - absolutely shocking results for his team and their culture :smt005

However many views a thread has, do bear in mind that every time anyone posts a new post on it, each of the moderators has to read said new post - so between us Tigerbeat and I have probably made a fair number of views of this thread already :smt002
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sack the DOR

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Point taken Rizzo.

4071 - can you please expand on why you believe I would start a sarcastic thread (based on what previous evidence)? Either you are mistaking me with someone else or you are being overly defensive/sensitive as most of my previous 60 odd posts have generally been neither "all is rosy" nor overly critical and I don't believe I have ever ( sarcastically or unsarcastically ) expressed either overtly or inadvertently whether I was a doom monger or a happy clapper.

On that basis I believe you are mistaken in your assertion that you knew based on who started the post that is was a sarcastic post in support of our performance over the AI's because in both respects you are completely wrong. Nothing sarcastic in the initial post - I just thought it would be interesting to draw comparisons between our situation earlier in the season and the response of our fan base to that and the performance of Saffacens. I would call it tongue in cheek rather than sarcastic.
As for our performance during the AI's - I don't think it's good enough. I can't comment on the Wasps game as I was at Twickenham but sounds like much of the same. Am I happy with our performances to date this season - no. Do I think changes are needed yes - more luck with injuries would be a start and a new Head Coach with some focus on the backs. Do I think Cockers (and the board) have made mistakes in that respect - yes. Am I a happy clapper - I don't think so. Do I think some Tigers fans overindulge in (to use another's words) vitriolic attacks on Cockers given any opportunity - most definitely but I guess we are all entitled to our opinions but maybe in the future before you jump to some conclusions about me and who I am - you might want to keep those opinions to yourself and just focus on the rugby.