Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers V Wasps, Post match.

Post by Doghashadhisday »

G.K wrote:
sapajo wrote:
160 home minutes of Rugby without even a try :smt011
Likely to be 240 by next Sunday evening.
Yes but 10 penalties by Owen Williams will be enough to see us safely home! :smt003
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

That would be nice, if a tad optimistic maybe.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

G.K wrote:That would be nice, if a tad optimistic maybe.
Glass is always 90% full. Better than thinking about another 80 without a try. It makes the days between matches and seasons tigerable. Try it, it might make you smile on a grey winters day :smt026 :smt026 Let's all bounce together on Sunday
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

floridaboy wrote:
Soggypitch wrote:I didn't go to the game because I was watching some local rugby on Saturday, but I have a good feel for the game having spoken to a few friends..

However I was surprised this morning to hear Cockers on RL openly criticise the team for the display and overtly say that some players are in danger of being dropped. That's unusual for him and shows that his patience is really wearing very thin.

A friend of mine happened to be sitting very close to Cockers on Saturday, he said that frankly watching Cockers frustration and general demeanour was for the most part more interesting than the rugby!!! :smt003
I can agree with that, RC has, for the past few matches, looked that his patience is very much stretched to the limit.I'm no rugby coach, but the way we are playing is very poor, the kicking straight down the opponents throats to run back at us, the lack of penetration from the backs (no trys) the lack of line speed, static play, I could go on, but we do not have a devine right to win every game!, but we can expect one of the top teams in europe to make a better fist of things than what we are. I for one am really looking forward to the closed season, I have heard a few rumors regarding players for next season and I know that there will be plenty of so called "nailed on" signings over the next few weeks, but some of the stories I have heard from people I trust, have got me excited.

It may all be rubbish, but its good to dream, right ??????
Any names you can tell us or is it not for us to know? I'm excited for next season already. Blake will have really bedded in and then Mauger arriving to take charge over a fit squad, although knowing our luck we won't see half the squad till January again. Still I think we will be stronger next year.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

TigerLad wrote:
floridaboy wrote:
Soggypitch wrote:I didn't go to the game because I was watching some local rugby on Saturday, but I have a good feel for the game having spoken to a few friends..

However I was surprised this morning to hear Cockers on RL openly criticise the team for the display and overtly say that some players are in danger of being dropped. That's unusual for him and shows that his patience is really wearing very thin.

A friend of mine happened to be sitting very close to Cockers on Saturday, he said that frankly watching Cockers frustration and general demeanour was for the most part more interesting than the rugby!!! :smt003
I can agree with that, RC has, for the past few matches, looked that his patience is very much stretched to the limit.I'm no rugby coach, but the way we are playing is very poor, the kicking straight down the opponents throats to run back at us, the lack of penetration from the backs (no trys) the lack of line speed, static play, I could go on, but we do not have a devine right to win every game!, but we can expect one of the top teams in europe to make a better fist of things than what we are. I for one am really looking forward to the closed season, I have heard a few rumors regarding players for next season and I know that there will be plenty of so called "nailed on" signings over the next few weeks, but some of the stories I have heard from people I trust, have got me excited.

Any names you can tell us or is it not for us to know? I'm excited for next season already. Blake will have really bedded in and then Mauger arriving to take charge over a fit squad, although knowing our luck we won't see half the squad till January again. Still I think we will be stronger next year.
I recall a very optimistic forum, myself included, looking forward to this season, before the injuries kicked in.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'm still optimistic we will be in with a shout as usual this season, we are at present still fighting on all fronts(granted we will need to up the tempo somewhat).
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

TigerLad wrote:
floridaboy wrote:

It would not be fair to my friend to repeat the names that were given to me at this stage, but they concerned an ex all black lock, a number 7 two ??? number 8's a prop and another scrum half!
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

floridaboy wrote: It would not be fair to my friend to repeat the names that were given to me at this stage, but they concerned an ex all black lock, a number 7 two ??? number 8's a prop and another scrum half!
No centres then?
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Hinckley Bob wrote:
floridaboy wrote: It would not be fair to my friend to repeat the names that were given to me at this stage, but they concerned an ex all black lock, a number 7 two ??? number 8's a prop and another scrum half!
No centres then?
Not as yet !!!!!
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

It would not be fair to my friend to repeat the names that were given to me at this stage, but they concerned an ex all black lock, a number 7 two ??? number 8's a prop and another scrum half!
A SECOND ex all black lock?