Matt Tait

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Matt Tait

Post by Will S »

French news report saying he is off to Bayonne at the end of the season on a two year deal.

Would be a shame as I don't think we've seen the best of him. Interesting to think who they might bring in.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Matt Tait

Post by fortysix »

Good move for him......... Bayonne and Biarritz are stunning places to live.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

We could keep the code switch merry go round going by drafting in Sam Tompkins. You would think our new head coach might have a few ideas for a replacement especially with an overseas player not counting towards the cap.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Will S wrote:We could keep the code switch merry go round going by drafting in Sam Tompkins. You would think our new head coach might have a few ideas for a replacement especially with an overseas player not counting towards the cap.
If all the rumours are true, Bayonne are going to need a bigger changing room. Come to think of it, I'm going to tell my boss that I've been offered a lucrative 3 year deal there...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

all they seem to want is tigers players salvi and tait. cole will be next
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Will S wrote:French news report saying he is off to Bayonne at the end of the season on a two year deal.

Would be a shame as I don't think we've seen the best of him. Interesting to think who they might bring in.
We've not seen the best of him and we haven't seen a lot/enough of him either!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

TomWeston wrote:
Will S wrote:French news report saying he is off to Bayonne at the end of the season on a two year deal.

We've not seen the best of him and we haven't seen a lot/enough of him either!
24 games in 2012-2013, 15 last year and he's already played 9 this season so I think that's a bit unfair. Quality player and it would be unfortunate to see him go but if Liam Williams is the replacement then you'd have to say its good business. Good luck to him whatever he chooses to do.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

a good player , but certainly not outstanding . He's lost a lot a pace from the time when he first came to the fore and his continuing injury difficulties are a problem .
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Anyone who has said we have not seen the best of him clearly didn't see the Toulon away game and the Quins home Semi final some of those runs.
covrich

Post by covrich »

Would be a shame as I like him but with his Chance of England diminished it seems a dilemma we will have to face more and more.

This is why I support the act of not picking overseas players because Manu and Cole ect would be targeted.
Timmers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timmers »

Warmer weather, firmer pitches and licence to take more risks in running with the ball. Its a good move for tait.

In the past few years his tackling and defensive positional awareness has been superb for us at 15, but his talent has always been going forward and I dont believe our style of play has quite suited his game and we've only seen glimpses of what he used to do regularly in his younger years.

Good luck to him
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

With Aaron coming next year, our game may well be more rounded and not quite so forward orientated. Matt will be missed if he is going, but good luck to him if he is leaving.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Also don't underrate his ability to come in as 1st receiver multiple times a game, it doesn't get noted here but he helps create a lot of stuff from there.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

He is one of the few players who uses his feet effectively, immensely nimble and quite deceptive. I rate more highly than some on this board!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I like Tait a lot and hope he doesn't go. However if he does then at least we have a replacement lined up in Morris/Bell. My mum will be heartbroken, she fancies him. :smt050