Farrell must go..!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Farrell must go..!!!

Post by fortysix »

Surely now this Beckamesque fraud, whose only two attributes are kicking a dead ball brilliantly and tackling, one more than Beckham admittedly, must now be permantly retired from any England set up, along with Daddy. And Stancaster as well...

As a lot on here having been saying for years, this player is holding England back, and we wont have any game plan in place in time for the WC. He would be best going back to RL, especially as he is No 2 at Saffas behind Hodgson

No 9 is a problem because YBY and Care are steppers not true scrum halves. So ???
No 10 Cipriani Burns Ford in that order
No 11 May, Strettle, Varndell
No 12 Burgess ASAP Twelvetrees
No 13 Tuilaagi Burrell
No 14 Wade Yarde Rokodaguni
No 15 Brown Watson
Interested to see how many disagree !!??
Northeast Tiger

Re: Farrell must go..!!!

Post by Northeast Tiger »

fortysix wrote:Surely now this Beckamesque fraud, whose only two attributes are kicking a dead ball brilliantly and tackling, one more than Beckham admittedly, must now be permantly retired from any England set up, along with Daddy. And Stancaster as well...

As a lot on here having been saying for years, this player is holding England back, and we wont have any game plan in place in time for the WC. He would be best going back to RL, especially as he is No 2 at Saffas behind Hodgson

No 9 is a problem because YBY and Care are steppers not true scrum halves. So ???
No 10 Cipriani Burns Ford in that order
No 11 May, Strettle, Varndell
No 12 Burgess ASAP Twelvetrees
No 13 Tuilaagi Burrell
No 14 Wade Yarde Rokodaguni
No 15 Brown Watson
Interested to see how many disagree !!??
Wade at 10

Have you ever seen Burgess play International Rugby Union ? I haven't seen him play union at any level!
Burrell surely plays twelve at club level?
It would be interesting to play Wade and Varndell at wings. It would certainly spread the defense knowing the ball could reach them.
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Have to say I thought Farrell was absolutely useless yesterday. I normally like Danny Care but he too was poor apart from his leadership skills in getting the maul going for our 1st try.

IMO George Ford needs to be given the shirt and told it is his to loose. If England keep on playing the way we do we have absolutely no chances of being potential winners.

Told in the pub today that Mike Brown on interview yesterday hinted that changes are needed at the top without naming names!!! Cant see Slancaster being ousted, so maybe a Farrell???? Here's hoping :smt001
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Well I am not a Farrell basher unlike many on here.

But he's had two poor games on the trot and it's time for a change, Farrell needs to regain his form back at Sarries although ousting Charlie from the 1st 15 won't be easy!!

Care I'm a big fan of but he's also out of form. YBY is also hardly on the top of his game....

I'd go with YBY and Cipriani next week with Ford on the bench, I like Ford but just don't rate his goal kicking.

In the centre if Burrell is fit I'd play him at 12 with Daly outside him (but no chance of that), from what I've seen this season Daly is our best 13 (whilst Manu's injured).

But I reckon SL may well pick Barritt at 12 (at least that's his best position) and Joseph at 13.

I'd also pick Wade rather than May. Yes Wade is not the finished article defensively, but he has the X factor and is at least as good as May in defence.

We shall see.

In the forwards obviously Morgan must start and I'd pick Haskell for Wood, who is giving away too many penalties, likewise Webber for Hartley.
Soggypitch
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

OK Care is off form and so is Youngs but still worth picking.

the real problem is Fly half where Farrell doesn't have the all round game and Barritt is just big.

On form you have to pick Ford which leaves concerns about kicking and defence so I would go with Twelvetrees at inside centre with Burrell outside him.

Do we need to change the wings? Not convinced that they have one much wrong other than be on the end of hospital passes so why make changes there for the sake of it.

England looked a potent attacking force in the 6N but look clueless at present when attacking.

As for the pack - given that they are missing their two starting props they have performed well in the set piece but their captain lacks the ball stealing ability of a genuine 7. Given Lancaster's refusal to pick foreign based players you do wonder who can fill that roll.
Hartley again displayed that he just doesn't have the cool head required. As for pointing a player out to the ref and then stamping on him - words fail me.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

The worrying thing about the England management was that Farrell played TWO games despite everyone knowing he is unfit and not game sharp..That is quite frankly a joke and the petulance he showed before being subbed even worse. If he starts against Australia then that is a travesty. I am happy with all England coaches bar Farrell he does not have the union pedigree and never deserved to be there in the first place.

And news that Ford is playing Burgess in the backrow is just great!

Eastmond has sparked and with Tuilagi outside could really do damage if they had a 10 like Cips or Ford who will hold the defence.

Come on England sort it out and get rid of Farrell namely and then Barritt all I can do is tackle too!
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

I would like to see Eastmond get another game. He is one of only a few backs to have made any sort of break over the past few games and he is also one of the few players who on form could trouble a top defence. It also makes sense to keep him if you bring Fordy into the team as those two are obviously use to playing with each other. I would start with YBY (he is a better kicker and Care is more dangerous from the bench against tired legs) and much as it pains me to say it there is an argument for going for a Bath 10, 12 and 13. Ford, Eastmond and Joseph are about as good as we have at the moment and what we need more than anything is a bit of an understanding between our backs.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Need to drop Farrell, Care, Hartley, Wood and Attwood IMO. Keep Watson, Roko (if fit) and Eastman who may then get a ball to attack with and not just hospital passes and tackle practice.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

We should try and sign Farrell to replace Ant Allen :smt031
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Doghashadhisday wrote:We should try and sign Farrell to replace Ant Allen :smt031
:smt043
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Farrell ain't going anywhere - he's still going to start for England - unbelievable! :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

http://tinyurl.com/m84wsvt
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Slancaster is so nervous he is now desperately banking on Farrell kicking the way to an England victory. Desperation
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

For all those who vent on here about SL and his abilities or lack of , I remind you of this :-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29439822
so in future please can any further posts on his tenure in the job be headed 'King Canute moment' or 'Flat Earth Club' so we can quickly move on.
Very happy to debate the players and yes I think Farrell needs a break and give Cipriani the job because he now has experience as well as the ideas and skills to make things happen
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

tigercaspian wrote:For all those who vent on here about SL and his abilities or lack of , I remind you of this :-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29439822
so in future please can any further posts on his tenure in the job be headed 'King Canute moment' or 'Flat Earth Club' so we can quickly move on.
Very happy to debate the players and yes I think Farrell needs a break and give Cipriani the job because he now has experience as well as the ideas and skills to make things happen
Hi. I'm not sure how this article means that the anti Lancaster brigade are any less entitled to their opinion than you are on, say, your opinion on Cipriani.
I'm still undecided on Lancaster so I have no bias either way but this post smacks of poor form to deride people (flat Earth) for having an opinion, especially when you subsequently express one of your own.
Seems a bit narcissistic.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Just wondering: Do we think the world will end before the RFU realise that Lancaster and Farrell are not up to coaching a major Rugby Union team?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.