Farrell must go..!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Farrell must go..!!!

Post by jgriffin »

h's dad wrote:Ford/Farrell as a 10/12 combination simply won’t work because of the players’ styles and attributes which will clash rather than complement, whatever you think of them as individuals. I think this will be clear on Saturday, whatever the result, and Ford will carry the can with Lancaster and Farrell senior using this as evidence that there is no option for England at 10 but Fazlet. I am not Boy George’s biggest fan but he is being set up to carry the can here.

It seems to be more important to the coaching set up to get caps for Fazlet than to prepare England for next years world cup. Despite his success with the forwards, Wig has to share in the responsibility for this.
You must remember that this is a war between Faz and Ford, West Lancs vs East. Ford is reputed oop North in Owdham to have an enormous ego and has to be top man, with his top boy(s). We are a battleground for ex-RL feuding.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It's a bit of a stretch to blame Wig for the Farrell selection.
His remit is with the forwards and as such you would think his say on fly half selection is behind Lancaster, Catt and Farrell snr.

Given how well the forwards are doing (in spite of the missing Cole, Corbisiero and Launchbury) you would hope a little of his magic would be allowed to spill out into the backs!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

mol2 wrote:It's a bit of a stretch to blame Wig for the Farrell selection.
His remit is with the forwards and as such you would think his say on fly half selection is behind Lancaster, Catt and Farrell snr.

Given how well the forwards are doing (in spite of the missing Cole, Corbisiero and Launchbury) you would hope a little of his magic would be allowed to spill out into the backs!
Absolutely. Wig is keeping this team going IMO.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Austin Healey has the same opinion and believes Ford IS being stitched up see:- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... o-dry.html
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

wormus wrote:Austin Healey has the same opinion and believes Ford IS being stitched up see:- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... o-dry.html
Totally agree with our Austin - he may not be everyone's cup of tea but I like the bloke and he tends to say what others only think.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

jgriffin wrote:
h's dad wrote:Ford/Farrell as a 10/12 combination simply won’t work because of the players’ styles and attributes which will clash rather than complement, whatever you think of them as individuals. I think this will be clear on Saturday, whatever the result, and Ford will carry the can with Lancaster and Farrell senior using this as evidence that there is no option for England at 10 but Fazlet. I am not Boy George’s biggest fan but he is being set up to carry the can here.

It seems to be more important to the coaching set up to get caps for Fazlet than to prepare England for next years world cup. Despite his success with the forwards, Wig has to share in the responsibility for this.
You must remember that this is a war between Faz and Ford, West Lancs vs East. Ford is reputed oop North in Owdham to have an enormous ego and has to be top man, with his top boy(s). We are a battleground for ex-RL feuding.
It was Mike Ford that signed Andy Farrell to Saracens when he was head coach. Mike also started his career at Wigan, and George played in the Wigan academy with Owen Farell. Mike played in a great Wigan side and left when they moved Edwards to scrum half from six.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Dynasties and reputations came later. Mike Ford is one to watch - he is ambitious in the extreme. My RL mates in Oldham (where I lived in my secondary school days) predicted Ford would become main man at Bath for that reason and GG would fall - and it happened. So I listen to them.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

I defer to your inside knowledge on his Napolean complex :smt002

The feud bit I am not as convinced about. Ford also signed Andy Farells twin brothers, Chris and Phil, to play for Oldham when he was head coach there.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

mol2 wrote:It's a bit of a stretch to blame Wig for the Farrell selection.

What Wig is achieving with the forwards is the major redeeming feature of the current England squad. As such I assume he has some influence and that the four of them do discuss the team and play overall rather than each doing their own little bit and then putting it in without seeing how it fits together (I may be wrong on this). I don’t think I postulated that Wig personally picked the 10. I even doubt that he picks the 7. There is a collective responsibility and Wig has choices. I like Wig (especially since he took the mickey out of H’s dress sense) and would really like to hear what he has to say.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Well apart from one positive backward pass, Farrell has had another mare...
How long , considering he is not in for his only attribute, kicking goals, will Stan Caster perservere...
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Do you think he was watching that superb kick from Ford for Brown's try? Would he ever be able to replicate it? Has he ever done anything like that?

Nuff said :smt001
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Why oh why dont they take him off, its like we are playing with 14 men, he is out of the game, does not know what he is doing, put on a proper 12T.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Billy straight into game, superb tackle.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Surely Farrell won't be picked for Australia now. Ford has shown attacking flair the like of which we haven't seen in Fazlets time. Samoa have been mugged off here. No way that was a yellow card. Perfect tackle on Ford and he's been sent off. The TMOs powers have to be restricted. They're killing the game.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

TigerLad wrote:Surely Farrell won't be picked for Australia now. Ford has shown attacking flair the like of which we haven't seen in Fazlets time. Samoa have been mugged off here. No way that was a yellow card. Perfect tackle on Ford and he's been sent off. The TMOs powers have to be restricted. They're killing the game.
The TMO didn't make the decision. As is the current trend, the TMO flashed up the replays, the ref made the call and asked the TMO if he agreed.
What surprises me is why they both ignored the current directives and missed the red card that should have been awarded in the run up to the try. Brown was lifted above the horizontal and was not lowered safely. The tackler ignored his duty of care and, even though Brown landed on his back, it should have been red.
Last edited by L Smith on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man