Farrell must go..!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Farrell must go..!!!

Post by G.K »

Oh and what's all this about the Earth being flat? Surely it has to be or the Rugby pitches would have a slope wouldn't they :smt017
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

And someone has to hold the sea back or they'll get waterlogged :smt017
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

tigercaspian wrote:For all those who vent on here about SL and his abilities or lack of , I remind you of this :-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29439822
so in future please can any further posts on his tenure in the job be headed 'King Canute moment' or 'Flat Earth Club' so we can quickly move on.
Very happy to debate the players and yes I think Farrell needs a break and give Cipriani the job because he now has experience as well as the ideas and skills to make things happen
As is have already posted Slancaster is to English Rugby as Capello was to English Wendyball. Furthermore, I suspect the former will also have a very nice wedge to comfort him when it also ends early. :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

So, according to the BBC website, Farrell to play at 12 with Ford at 10 and BY or Wigglesworth at 9. The weak link will again be Farrell. Only possible excuse is if another out and out 12 (Twelvetrees) is injured but wait, he's on the bench. So Farrell to 10 to end the match with 36 replacing Ford. And no sign of Barritt moving from 13. The mind boggles....

Though it does occur to me that's it's a no-loss for Lancaster. Either;

1) England's backs don't fire, Ford will be blamed and Farrell will move back to 10.

2) England's backs play very well, Farrell will kept at 12.

Neither are particularly successful. If you absolutely must play Farrell for his kicking from tee put him on the wing, rather than in a position to get in the way. Maybe on the wrong he would realise what is needed to get the back 3 into the game.

Oh re tackling, is Farrell really a better defender than any other 10/12/13 out there? You would think he's a brick wall the way the media talk...!
#48 FTW :)
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

There is something poisonous when coaches coach sides with their sons in them.

Two local clubs (no names no pack drill) have had a young lad (no relation a neighbour's lad) playing for them since he was a little nipper. First at one and then at another, for years has shone in his position - yet does he get picked up for county, does he get referred to the Tiger's ? No. But the age group coaches' sons invariably do.

Just to make it clear I have no axe to grind other than seeing this from outside and feeling it is wrong - and also to point out it's not just my opinion that the lad is special. He is still 16 but so good as soon as the club's 1st XV coach saw him in action he went bonkers about him "being hidden away" and is already including him in their training and he has waltzed into the first XV at the college he has just gone to.

This nepotistic culture is rife throughout the game from the juniors right up to the national level. Farrell's selection like so many I fear is ultimately down to having a father on the coaching team and all the shenanigans around Ford's move to Bath was his father's doing.

Rant over. :smt045
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Farrell at centre you have got to be joking, seeing him getting smashed backwards for the NZ final try just summed him up, Lancaster trully has lost the plot, he has a whole host of centres to pick from Burrell, Joseph, Eastmond, Allen. I hope Samoa target him and show him up, agree with the comment about having a relative as a coach, it is having a destructive effect on the progress of the team.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

If they go for Farrell and Barritt in the centres I would be very upset. England have struggled to create anything so why remove our only attacking threat in the centres :smt013 . We could have had Ford with Eastmond and Joseph at 13. Not the perfect solution but at least we would have some creativity and, more importantly, a back line that understands each others game and could potentially put some moves together. Instead we may well have a 10 playing at 12 and a 12 playing at 13 - both of which are about as attack minded as Switzerland :smt011

May might as well not bother taking his tracksuit off on Saturday as he is going to get very cold stuck on the wing with no chance of seeing the ball except in defence.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

baz1664 wrote:Farrell at centre you have got to be joking, seeing him getting smashed backwards for the NZ final try just summed him up, Lancaster trully has lost the plot, he has a whole host of centres to pick from Burrell, Joseph, Eastmond, Allen. I hope Samoa target him and show him up, agree with the comment about having a relative as a coach, it is having a destructive effect on the progress of the team.
+1 :smt023
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Pinot Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pinot Tiger »

Please Noooooo!!
Farrell is England's problem. He can't pass, has no pace and hasn't a creative bone in his body. Why on earth do they think he is going to be any better at Inside centre, arguably a position you need more creativity and a better pass than at FH. It beggars belief. If you need a kicking option at 12 then Billy T will do nicely if Eastmond is crocked. Ford, 12Ts, Joseph/Slade for me. Barritt if we have to.
You would think that Owen had some family connections or something...
To Toulouse and beyond...
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:Need to drop Farrell, Care, Hartley, Wood and Attwood IMO. Keep Watson, Roko (if fit) and Eastman who may then get a ball to attack with and not just hospital passes and tackle practice.
Attwood? Why would we drop him?
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Maybe Farrell playing at 12 might be a blessing in disguise... at 12 you are probably more likely to get boshed by your opposite centre or 13. Samoa might be playing Johnny Leota at 13... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmmx8iS8Lbc

Of course, I would never advocate anybody getting injured, because that is wrong and nasty, however Farrell's absence for the WC would be IMHO England's only chance of winning it... I can't see Daddy or Slancaster dropping him, however terribly he plays.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

4071 wrote:
Jeremy Anderson wrote:Need to drop Farrell, Care, Hartley, Wood and Attwood IMO. Keep Watson, Roko (if fit) and Eastman who may then get a ball to attack with and not just hospital passes and tackle practice.
I watched Attwood with interest and kept comparing him to Kitchener. Fortunately for Tigers, Kitchener is far better, IMHO.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Pellsey wrote:
4071 wrote:
I watched Attwood with interest and kept comparing him to Kitchener. Fortunately for Tigers, Kitchener is far better, IMHO.
Attwood was not that bad apart from silly penalty and ignoring the overlap for Watson to run in. However thought Kruis looked better and deserved a start as of course does Kitchener.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
AntG

Post by AntG »

Well that's confirmed then, England now have the dullest, most mismatched centres in world rugby. What on earth is Lancaster thinking playing Farrell at centre?
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

At least George can throw passes to the back 3 and cut both Centres out. Note wingers will need to come in and look for the ball.
Jez

Only Winners Win!