When are fixtures finalised?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerref

When are fixtures finalised?

Post by Tigerref »

I am looking to arrange a weekend in the New Year around a Tiger's game - does any one know when the KO days and times get finalised?

Cheers
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: When are fixtures finalised?

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

After a quick glance at the fixture list, I would say they have been finalised up to and including the Quins match on Sat 10 Jan.

There were over 130 visits to this thread before me and no one else thought to look at the fixture list or suggest Tigerref did so?
Tigerref

Post by Tigerref »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:After a quick glance at the fixture list, I would say they have been finalised up to and including the Quins match on Sat 10 Jan.

There were over 130 visits to this thread before me and no one else thought to look at the fixture list or suggest Tigerref did so?
Thanks for this

Perhaps I wasn't clear, I can see which ones appear to be firmed up - but was wondering when the 'firming' happens
Ian S
Tiger Cub

Post by Ian S »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:After a quick glance at the fixture list, I would say they have been finalised up to and including the Quins match on Sat 10 Jan.

And your point is ?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The full fixture list as it currently stands is here

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/1stxv_fixtures.php

for the dates which are not confirmed, the club will update and give information as soon as they get it, which I would guess will be early in the New Year.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Tigerref wrote:

Thanks for this

Perhaps I wasn't clear, I can see which ones appear to be firmed up - but was wondering when the 'firming' happens
Here's how I see it:

The fixtures are confirmed in sections by the TV companies through the season. The first half dozen were confirmed in July, then rounds 7 to 9 were 'firmed up' on 17 Sept. Rounds 10 to 13 were announced on 15 October, which is 6 weeks before the first matches in that section, so at a guess I'd say rounds 14-17 will be published 6 weeks before 14th Feb, ie new year time, with the last 5 rounds being agreed mid-Feb .... :smt023
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tigerref wrote:

Thanks for this

No it was not clear - It must be in the "Black & White" Just like Guinness!! :smt043
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ian S wrote:And your point is ?
My point is I am surprised and disappointed over 130 visits did not return one reply to help Tigerref with his query.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

So you're having a dig at other people for not looking at the fixtures to help Tiggerref but you are not having a dig at Tigerref for not doing the exact same thing you are saying one of the 130 other people should have :smt017
Tigerref

Post by Tigerref »

ellis9 wrote:So you're having a dig at other people for not looking at the fixtures to help Tiggerref but you are not having a dig at Tigerref for not doing the exact same thing you are saying one of the 130 other people should have :smt017
Trouble is looking at the fixtures list doesn't answer my question.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Tigerref wrote:
ellis9 wrote:So you're having a dig at other people for not looking at the fixtures to help Tiggerref but you are not having a dig at Tigerref for not doing the exact same thing you are saying one of the 130 other people should have :smt017
Trouble is looking at the fixtures list doesn't answer my question.
Exactly. I guess the inconsiderate 130 thought the same.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tigerref wrote:Trouble is looking at the fixtures list doesn't answer my question.
I mentioned 10th January as that is far as the TV coverage for Leicester's league matches go so far. Therefore the fixtures up to then have been finalised.
Tigerref

Post by Tigerref »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:
Tigerref wrote:Trouble is looking at the fixtures list doesn't answer my question.
I mentioned 10th January as that is far as the TV coverage for Leicester's league matches go so far. Therefore the fixtures up to then have been finalised.
I understand that and thanks.

Do we know when the next batch will be finalised?
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tigerref wrote:Do we know when the next batch will be finalised?
I believe they're normally announced around six weeks in advance so, theoretically, they could be out in the next couple of weeks.