Sarries 23 this week?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by sapajo »

TigerCam wrote: The Tigers just need to get past 71 points against LW next weekend
A bonus point win and nothing less will make me a happy bunny.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

sapajo wrote:I must say that Mele did not have a very good day at the office and on that showing I expect Harrison to come back into the mix.
Where was he today by the way?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

G.K wrote:
sapajo wrote:I must say that Mele did not have a very good day at the office and on that showing I expect Harrison to come back into the mix.
Where was he today by the way?
Thought he was on the bench but apparently he was a no show so can only summise he must be injured? Shame if he is, he has shown some excellent form.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

sapajo wrote:
TigerCam wrote: The Tigers just need to get past 71 points against LW next weekend
A bonus point win and nothing less will make me a happy bunny.
LW are becoming the Prem's pin-ball side, everyone else has to do better each play!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Also RE Crane he may not be the best carrying 8 in the league but no one else can handle the ball behind a backwards pack like he can.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

A good tight game with the right result, well done Tigers. Our defence was so much better, Sarries back line (3 Eng players) would certainly have scored a month or two ago, well done Blake!

Hodgeson was outstanding, his tactical kicking especially brilliant, and smart enough to keep punting balls at Benjamin.

Mele is a different player when he starts, not as hungry. Too slow a delivery all game, Williams cleared brilliantly under pressure from some really poor service. The entire Sarries defence line read Mele's every move so their line speed gained an extra metre or two, not as savvy as he has been in the past.

Tait never got going, and to be fair neither did the entire back line, over cautious game plan probably! That and Goode had a great game.

Balmain will hopefully get an England shirt soon, the more Rowntree and Lancaster keep ignoring him the more embarrassing it gets.

I hoped Harrison would come on, but Cockers seems to have reverted back to his old ways of letting certain players run on empty for too long.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

As has been said, Harrison was withdrawn before KO.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Darc Tiger wrote:As has been said, Harrison was withdrawn before KO.
Ah facts, just getting in the way of a snide remark .
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Cockers prob tripped him over on the way to the bus.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

And the BBC Sports page headlines the game as a 'thrilling draw'.......
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

tigerburnie wrote:Ah facts, just getting in the way of a snide remark .
What is 'snide' about questioning the replacements policy in that game? It was a major problem 2 and 3 seasons ago, so much so that key players were obviously not firing on all 4 cylinders and the whole squad suffered. That was a tight game which can sometimes justify not changing anything, but 2 or 3 players were hanging in that last quarter, why not use fresh legs to get the 4pts?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Norfolk & Goode wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Ah facts, just getting in the way of a snide remark .
What is 'snide' about questioning the replacements policy in that game? It was a major problem 2 and 3 seasons ago, so much so that key players were obviously not firing on all 4 cylinders and the whole squad suffered. That was a tight game which can sometimes justify not changing anything, but 2 or 3 players were hanging in that last quarter, why not use fresh legs to get the 4pts?
Like who?
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I will not do an SL, total denial is not the way forward and I must admit after seeing a replay of that final scrum that Tigers were gifted a decision!
Oh well nevermind :smt005
2 points :smt003
Cheery chappy
covrich

Post by covrich »

Balmain for England??? Steady on, he is doing well and learning via the hard route this year. His improvement has been great to see and when he came on today it was a great boost when he muscled Barrington back. However he is still learning his trade and has only been having regular starts for Tigers for a few months.

To say it is embarrassing to see him ignored by England is a bit unfair at the minute in my opinion.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Beg to differ - their loose head drove in and up under Balmain - rather than the latter popping up under the strain. When he pushed straight in the previous scrums he came off second best to Balmain who was still fresh.