Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by Doghashadhisday »

G.K wrote:What did he do - I missed it?
The big lump stood right in front of Owen Williams and blocked my view of the kicker!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

mol2 wrote:Beg to differ - their loose head drove in and up under Balmain - rather than the latter popping up under the strain. When he pushed straight in the previous scrums he came off second best to Balmain who was still fresh.
Right and wrong - it was one of those decisions where what the ref blew for happened, and was an offence, but there were other offences and it was a matter of choice on his part. Personally I thought we were lucky on this one. However, it more than evened out over the game where we seemed to get far more decisions against than for in 50/50 circumstances. And if you want to see a glaring mistake by the ref which led directly to a Tigers knock-on/scrum/penalty look at the 52nd minute where the challengers on Benjamin when he knocked on were at least 5 metres ahead of Hodgson when he kicked the ball. Ref should have found it easy to spot as he was 1) close by and 2) Hodgson was behind his 10 metre line and the two chasers (Ashton and one other) were several metres ahead of it!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

tigerburnie wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/30081649
Well if it's good enough for a world cup winning All Black, it's good enough for me.

Darn rugby league convert captaining our side. And don't let's get started on that rugby league player coach we have just appointed that has stemmed our defence woes.......

:smt003
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Sajerj wrote:
Well if it's good enough for a world cup winning All Black, it's good enough for me.

Darn rugby league convert captaining our side. And don't let's get started on that rugby league player coach we have just appointed that has stemmed our defence woes.......

But ours are good ones who know what they are doing in Union............... :smt004
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

tigerburnie wrote:
Sajerj wrote:

But ours are good ones who know what they are doing in Union............... :smt004
Looking back at the team sheets, I must have seen Brad play at Old Trafford in 1997 in the second test against GB. Beyond belief that all these years later he is captaining England's biggest RU club.