Sarries 23 this week?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by Big Dai »

tigerburnie wrote:I can see us winning the game up front and winning this with Brad leading by example.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrsssss
Blind faith!

1) They're in better form than us.
2) It's Sarries in the International break
3) Me dad's going to the game!

The last time this happened we got splonned by 50 points!
Will try to put something in the old man's tea and sacrifice a squirrel or two but suggest the omens are against Tigers.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Soggypitch wrote:I cannot believe how strong that Sarries 23 is!! Fraser and Hamilton on the bench!!!
Nah - they can't be that strong Hamilton couldn't make it onto the bench for us. :smt002
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

RagingBull wrote:Loamanu was a 50/50 according to merc (with more chance of not playing than playing), and Thompstone looks extremely rusty still. Bell has been impressive when he has played imo.

Pearce may still get a chance, but he may also be injured.

Grant offers more choice off the bench I guess.
I never did A level statistics but I can see a flaw in this statistical analysis...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

[/quote]
RagingBull wrote:
voice of the crumbie wrote:Thanks Jay C, I hadn't seen this team announcement. Article clarifies further:

"Chistolini drops to the bench, where the only other change is the introduction of flanker Francesco Minto for Robert Barbieri."

That being the case I would have expected a return to the Tigers. However he may be retained with the Italy squad or being rested.
Suspect he is kept there as injury cover.

Unlike English players playing in England who can be called back up at a moments notice, If Italy need him the day before a game it would be a lot harder to get him if he is back in Leicester.
Read on another forum that as match is on Sunday it comes under the next week for release from Internationals.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

As you would expect the talent available to the Sarries is frightening and the team they've put out for tomorrows game shows very little weakness despite having half a dozen players away on international duty. Tigers will have to be near the top of their form to beat them.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

For those interested Totesport have Saracens marginal favourites at 8/11 with Tigers 11/10 and 18/1 the draw. Tigers +1 in the 5/6 handicap market. So a close game ahead from their perspective!

Not sure how I feel today. Good to see Cole back, Thorn as captain (+) and we have a decent pack. But no Goneva and our bench is weak! Very disappointed no Pearce in the 23.

Also surprised no one has mentioned the importance of this game. Trust me, you don't want to see what the table will look like if we lose today. We'll need binoculars to see 4th place!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

i looked at the table last night and shuddered. Still, 6 games in and a run like a couple of years ago would see us well in the mix.
Alas I can only hope today will turn out better than it seems.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Poor game, nobody stood out really except Benjamin who was very bad today. Really the only positives are our defense was quite solid and Dan Cole came through the game OK. Bell is starting to really put pressure on Tait for the 15 shirt.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Good gutsy performance. Midfield looked a defensive unit from the start but it held.

Mr Dallaglio and the BT sport team seem a little one eyed? Poor decision at the end? Dunno. Seemed pretty even game to me, even one or two knock ons missed? Mr Kitchener trapped?

More than I expected but no more than Leicester deserved.

Also big well played to young Thacker.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Have to say an excellent performance by the Tigers against an extremely strong Sarries side, have to wonder why the likes of Bosch, Figallo, Brown and Hamilton were not called up to their respected international sides?? Outstanding performances by Williams, Thaker (unearthed a gem here) Salvi, Thorn, Gibson and Tait, if only Benjamin didn't drop them bombs and Williams had slotted the two missed pens. I think Bosch was lucky to stay on after he tip tackle on Scully, if that was a tigers players at sarries he would have walked, ref was so so, certainly sided with Sarries at the breakdown and should have pinged them for being offside on numerous occasions.

Big well done to Balmain and the young lad Bell for coming on and doing a job, well done Cockers, good selections, defence looks awesome!!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Gutsy performance in poor conditions.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Spicer wrote:Poor game, nobody stood out really except Benjamin who was very bad today. Really the only positives are our defense was quite solid and Dan Cole came through the game OK. Bell is starting to really put pressure on Tait for the 15 shirt.

Rubbish, in them conditions it was an excellent game, Tigers played well against a strong Sarries team, heart, guts and passion shown throughout.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Not the day for Benji unfortunately. He's more a dry day kind of guy. I take it Scully got a knock as it perhaps would have been better to bring on Bell for Benji.

Tough old game. Will take the 2 points given the situation. Sarries love that kind of game. Their kick and chase game was better. They played a little smarter. Could certainly have been a loss today. Thought we toughed it out pretty well. We worked hard, despite being put under a lot of pressure.

Big thumbs up for Thacker. Well done lad. :smt023
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Feels like two points dropped with that missed kick from Owen in front of the posts. I'd have taken 2 points before the game started tbh. A couple of years ago a tackle above the horizontal was a red, I'm not too sure what's changed in that time. Thacker stood up well and looks like he has the ability to mKe the step up some doubted he could.

Off topic but is the Georgian 6 against Iteland the same one who played for us in the A League? If so is he still at the club?
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

baz1664 wrote:
Spicer wrote:Poor game, nobody stood out really except Benjamin who was very bad today. Really the only positives are our defense was quite solid and Dan Cole came through the game OK. Bell is starting to really put pressure on Tait for the 15 shirt.

Rubbish, in them conditions it was an excellent game, Tigers played well against a strong Sarries team, heart, guts and passion shown throughout.
You thought it was a good game to watch? Tigers were OK in some aspects and I agree they showed heart, they didn't show much quality though. Just one moment of quality from the team or an individual and we wold have two more points.