Sarries 23 this week?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by Soggypitch »

I cannot believe how strong that Sarries 23 is!! Fraser and Hamilton on the bench!!!

I am a die hard Tigers fan but I would be amazed if we even get a losing bonus point on Sunday.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and I will be there on the Crumbie Terrace cheering the boys on!!!!
Soggypitch
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Soggypitch wrote:I cannot believe how strong that Sarries 23 is!! Fraser and Hamilton on the bench!!!

I am a die hard Tigers fan but I would be amazed if we even get a losing bonus point on Sunday.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and I will be there on the Crumbie Terrace cheering the boys on!!!!
This links back to the age old discussion around Saracens, Bath et al and their alleged flounting of the salary cap.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

hww27 wrote:I did wonder why Tigers felt it necessary to deprive us (Nottingham) of one of our best players for our biggest game of the season just to make him sit on the bench..however if Crane is subsequently unfit to play that's sort of understandable but extremely annoying nonetheless. There's a fair few annoyed fans on our forum...
:smt022

(Only joking)

I understand why they are angry.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I can see us winning the game up front and winning this with Brad leading by example.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrsssss
:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

Pretty decent side considering and more or less what I expected. It does make sense for Cole to play a half and so he should start. I will be more concerned if he is still playing after 60 minutes. I thought Pearce may have at least made the bench and hoped Thompston or Loamanu would be fit (maybe they are?).

I am feeling worryingly confident that we should win this.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Loamanu was a 50/50 according to merc (with more chance of not playing than playing), and Thompstone looks extremely rusty still. Bell has been impressive when he has played imo.

Pearce may still get a chance, but he may also be injured.

Grant offers more choice off the bench I guess.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I would of picked Harrison over Mele given his form recently. Baptism of fire for Harry Thacker, I think he has what it takes. Needs to hold his own in the scrum though and show his lack of size isn't a major problem. Looking at the bench we need to build a lead by half time as there bench is a lot stronger than ours.
Tiiiigggggeeeeerrrsssssss :smt041 :smt026
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

loretta wrote:
leybournetiger wrote:Wrigglesworth...
Very sharp. :smt001
Apart from the keenness of the blade being deflected by the absence of the first 'r' in both instances.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

A pretty solid XV - shame Loamanu hasn't made it. Also, where is Barbieri?!
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Time for the lucky hat, gloves and pants to come out - so to speak!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Bundy wrote:Also, where is Barbieri?!
With Italy, I believe, along with Ghiraldini.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Bundy wrote:where is Barbieri?!
not even on the bench for Italy v Argentina (linky
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Thanks Jay C, I hadn't seen this team announcement. Article clarifies further:

"Chistolini drops to the bench, where the only other change is the introduction of flanker Francesco Minto for Robert Barbieri."

That being the case I would have expected a return to the Tigers. However he may be retained with the Italy squad or being rested.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Sarries backline looks pretty good. Ours is once again a new set up. So I think they will have the edge there. Should be more even in the forwards. Neither bench looks strong. Need another Quins and Ulster type performance. Come out firing and get a lead. We lack the confidence to come from behind and a more likely to implode.

Cockerill on the radio was talking about the likes of Logo, Parling, Bai being 2/3 weeks away and having a near full squad for Christmas. It's all about staying in the race at the moment.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

voice of the crumbie wrote:Thanks Jay C, I hadn't seen this team announcement. Article clarifies further:

"Chistolini drops to the bench, where the only other change is the introduction of flanker Francesco Minto for Robert Barbieri."

That being the case I would have expected a return to the Tigers. However he may be retained with the Italy squad or being rested.
Suspect he is kept there as injury cover.

Unlike English players playing in England who can be called back up at a moments notice, If Italy need him the day before a game it would be a lot harder to get him if he is back in Leicester.