Sarries 23 this week?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1755
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Sarries 23 this week?

Post by L Smith » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Does anyone have any informed ideas on the Sarries 23 this week?
I've lost track of their injuries and international absentees.
Thanks in advance
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7008
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: angus , scotland

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by tigerburnie » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:15 am

Tim Wigglesworth is the ref, I'll go snooping and see what is the gossip........................
There's a bit of a party atmosphere around Bath this afternoon - but you wouldn't get that at Leicester if we finished ninth." Richard Cockerill 7/5/16

voice of the crumbie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1747
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: coalville

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by voice of the crumbie » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:18 am

L Smith wrote:Does anyone have any informed ideas on the Sarries 23 this week?
I've lost track of their injuries and international absentees.
Thanks in advance
Like you I've lost track of some of the players' current status. However this is what I believe to be the position based on 1st team squad and those who have played in recent LV matches.

Available for selection: Bristow, Sio, Brugnara, Balmain, Cole, Pasquali, H Thacker, Farnworth, Thorn, Kitchener(returned from England), De Chaves, Maksimiw,Priestly-Nangle, Wells, Gibson, Salvi, Pearce,Milne, Harrison, Mele, Tressider, Bryant, Burns, O Williams, Allen, Smith, Pohe, Catchpole, C Thacker, Scully, Benjamin, Tate, Bell, Thompstone, R Williams. In addition there is, in theory, the rest of the academy and development squads but I would think they would be unlikely to be called upon unless the situation becomes even more dire than at present.

International call ups: Ayerza, B Youngs, Goneva, Ghiraldini, Barbieri.

Injured: T Youngs, Croft, Crane, Parling, Tuilagi, Bai, Loamanu (confirmed as still having groin issue in today's Merc despite playing against Baa Baas), Camacho, Slater, Deacon, Hepetema, Hamilton,Briggs, Mulipola, Matera.

Unsure of: Roberts - I believe he is injured; Rizzo - not sure if he is away with Italy or back with us.

I'm sure to have missed someone or be out of date with some of the the call ups / injuries so other posters please feel free to correct as necessary.

Given the above I suspect a squad composed as follows:

Bristow, Thacker, Balmain, Thorn, Kitchener, Gibson, Salvi, Pearce, Harrison, O Williams, Benjamin, Allen, Smith, Scully, Tate, Pasquali, Cole, Farnworth, De Chaves, Milne, Mele, Burns, Thompstone.

I suspect this is the best 23 we have available. I would expect Rizzo to come in if available with Pasquali dropping out and Bristow going to the bench.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4509
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by sapajo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:08 am

voice of the crumbie wrote:
L Smith wrote:Does anyone have any informed ideas on the Sarries 23 this week?
I've lost track of their injuries and international absentees.
Thanks in advance
Like you I've lost track of some of the players' current status. However this is what I believe to be the position based on 1st team squad and those who have played in recent LV matches.

Available for selection: Bristow, Sio, Brugnara, Balmain, Cole, Pasquali, H Thacker, Farnworth, Thorn, Kitchener(returned from England), De Chaves, Maksimiw,Priestly-Nangle, Wells, Gibson, Salvi, Pearce,Milne, Harrison, Mele, Tressider, Bryant, Burns, O Williams, Allen, Smith, Pohe, Catchpole, C Thacker, Scully, Benjamin, Tate, Bell, Thompstone, R Williams. In addition there is, in theory, the rest of the academy and development squads but I would think they would be unlikely to be called upon unless the situation becomes even more dire than at present.

International call ups: Ayerza, B Youngs, Goneva, Ghiraldini, Barbieri.

Injured: T Youngs, Croft, Crane, Parling, Tuilagi, Bai, Loamanu (confirmed as still having groin issue in today's Merc despite playing against Baa Baas), Camacho, Slater, Deacon, Hepetema, Hamilton,Briggs, Mulipola, Matera.

Unsure of: Roberts - I believe he is injured; Rizzo - not sure if he is away with Italy or back with us.

I'm sure to have missed someone or be out of date with some of the the call ups / injuries so other posters please feel free to correct as necessary.

Given the above I suspect a squad composed as follows:

Bristow, Thacker, Balmain, Thorn, Kitchener, Gibson, Salvi, Pearce, Harrison, O Williams, Benjamin, Allen, Smith, Scully, Tate, Pasquali, Cole, Farnworth, De Chaves, Milne, Mele, Burns, Thompstone.

I suspect this is the best 23 we have available. I would expect Rizzo to come in if available with Pasquali dropping out and Bristow going to the bench.
Thats a very strange Sarries 23 :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7954
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by RagingBull » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:13 am

Loamanu isn't 100% out

Guessing the 23 may look like:

1) Rizzo, 2) Thacker, 3) Balmain
4) Thorn, 5) Kitchener
6) Gibson, 7) Salvi, 8) Pearce
9) Mele, 10) Williams
12) Allen, 13) Loamanu/Smith
11) Benjamin, 14) Scully, 15) Tait

Bench: 16) Farnworth, 17) Bristow, 18) Cole, 19) De Cheves, 20) Milne/Beckett/Sio
21) Harrison, 22) Burns, 23) Smith/Thompstone

That's if Briggs and Crane are still out.

Noddy555
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by Noddy555 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:18 am

Is Tim Wigglesworth the ref This Sunday related to Richard Wigglesworth the Sarries scrum half who will probably be definitely playing this Sunday as he has been released back to Sarries from the England squad? If so then either there should be a change of officials or the player should not even be in the Sarries squad. If there is a family connection Tim Wigglesworth should not even be considered for officiating duties at any Saracens game.

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7008
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: angus , scotland

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by tigerburnie » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:39 am

This came as a reply to my request,
Complete guess, but think we may go with:

15 Goode
14 Ashton
13 Bosch
12 Wyles
11 Strettle
10 Hodgson
9 Wigglesworth
1 Gill
2 George
3 Figallo
4 Botha
5 Hargreaves ©
6 Brown
7 Burger
8 Wray
There's a bit of a party atmosphere around Bath this afternoon - but you wouldn't get that at Leicester if we finished ninth." Richard Cockerill 7/5/16

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6905
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by jgriffin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Blimey, near full strength really. And the Master pulling the strings.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

4071
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2702
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:21 am
Location: London

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by 4071 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:01 pm

jgriffin wrote:Blimey, near full strength really. And the Master pulling the strings.
Aside from seven first choice starters and a few others from the 23, it's full-strength. A bit disappointing that Brown and Bosch weren't called up by their respective teams this weekend.

Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1464
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by Jay C » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:34 pm

4071 wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Blimey, near full strength really. And the Master pulling the strings.
Aside from seven first choice starters and a few others from the 23, it's full-strength. A bit disappointing that Brown and Bosch weren't called up by their respective teams this weekend.
The seven missing :
Barritt
Britz
Hamilton
Kruiz
Johnston
2x Vunipola
(and Farrell absent from the bench too :smt002 )

Still a really strong side to be able to put out - we will need an outstanding performance to get the win this week....

Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 865
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by Doghashadhisday » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Jay C wrote:
4071 wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Blimey, near full strength really. And the Master pulling the strings.
Aside from seven first choice starters and a few others from the 23, it's full-strength. A bit disappointing that Brown and Bosch weren't called up by their respective teams this weekend.
The seven missing :
Barritt
Britz
Hamilton
Kruiz
Johnston
2x Vunipola
(and Farrell absent from the bench too :smt002 )

We will have 2 x Youngs, Ayerza, Mulipolo, Parling, Slater, Deacon, Croft, Rizzo, Girhaldini, Tuiilagi, Morris, Camacho, Matera missing from our 23 plus a few others. I make it at least 14 -7 to us so at least on this front we win!

Still a really strong side to be able to put out - we will need an outstanding performance to get the win this week....

4071
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2702
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:21 am
Location: London

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by 4071 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:21 pm

Doghashadhisday wrote:
Jay C wrote:
4071 wrote:
Aside from seven first choice starters and a few others from the 23, it's full-strength. A bit disappointing that Brown and Bosch weren't called up by their respective teams this weekend.
The seven missing :
Barritt
Britz
Hamilton
Kruiz
Johnston
2x Vunipola
(and Farrell absent from the bench too :smt002 )

We will have 2 x Youngs, Ayerza, Mulipolo, Parling, Slater, Deacon, Croft, Rizzo, Girhaldini, Tuiilagi, Morris, Camacho, Matera missing from our 23 plus a few others. I make it at least 14 -7 to us so at least on this front we win!

Still a really strong side to be able to put out - we will need an outstanding performance to get the win this week....

Ayerza, Youngs, Slater, Parling, Croft, Crane (?), Youngs, Tuilagi and Goneva (9 players) missing from the first choice XV, but it's the loss of so much back-up compared to Sarries that will make it harder for us (Ghiraldini, Mulipola, Deacon, Barbieri, Matera, Loamanu, Bai, Hamilton, Camacho, etc).

Why do we always seem to play Sarries during the international windows?

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6905
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by jgriffin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Are Brits, Hamilton and Jhnston still first choice? Bosch certainly is a bencher.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1755
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by L Smith » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:47 pm

tigerburnie wrote:This came as a reply to my request,
Complete guess, but think we may go with:

15 Goode
14 Ashton
13 Bosch
12 Wyles
11 Strettle
10 Hodgson
9 Wigglesworth
1 Gill
2 George
3 Figallo
4 Botha
5 Hargreaves ©
6 Brown
7 Burger
8 Wray
Thanks, TB: looks like men against boys on Sunday, then!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7008
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: angus , scotland

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by tigerburnie » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:49 pm

L Smith wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:This came as a reply to my request,
Complete guess, but think we may go with:

15 Goode
14 Ashton
13 Bosch
12 Wyles
11 Strettle
10 Hodgson
9 Wigglesworth
1 Gill
2 George
3 Figallo
4 Botha
5 Hargreaves ©
6 Brown
7 Burger
8 Wray
Thanks, TB: looks like men against boys on Sunday, then!
Lulling them into a false sense of security.................. :smt002
There's a bit of a party atmosphere around Bath this afternoon - but you wouldn't get that at Leicester if we finished ninth." Richard Cockerill 7/5/16

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests