Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sale game

Post by Spicer »

RagingBull wrote:
Spicer wrote:Thought Sam Harrison was outstanding today. Fast ball all the time. Harry Thacker was the best of the rest I though, he even played flanker for most of the second half. Future looks bright. :smt026
With the new shirts we can finally say the future is bright the future is orange.
:smt042 Brilliant.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

TigerLad wrote:Lots of promise in these young guys coming through. Milne looked great carrying the ball and always got over the gain line. Beckett looks like a grafter. I'd love to see his stats because it looked like he was everywhere that game, very vocal and kept geeing up other players. For an 18 year old that's very impressive. Benjamin was excellent. Impressed by Bell who looks like a quality player. Harrison must be in contention to start vs SArries next week after that performance. These 2 LV wins with such a young squad must have given the other players a feel good factor again. If the first team can play with that intensity vs SArries we can win.
Pleased about Sam - think this season might be his time. Certainly YBY ought to worry, with his recent delivery wobbles.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

Overall great game.
We certainly felt that Sam should have had Man of the Match!
Well done erveryone - bring on Sarries :smt001
Pip
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

pipkoi wrote:Overall great game.
We certainly felt that Sam should have had Man of the Match!
Well done erveryone - bring on Sarries :smt001

Dewi did say Harrison was outstanding but as of the nature of the competition he was giving it to one of the young guys.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

Great performance against a very strong sale side, 2nd half immense. The subs seemed to suck the lifeout of them.
cheers
Rich
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

cole was very good when he came on. not a great first half but the young guys fronted up very well in the second half. very entertaining game. great win
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Thought Sam Harrison was outstanding today. Fast ball all the time
:smt023
Accurate also and got the team playing, so important to have quick ball in todays defence dominated game, an excellent performance and lead well but did not try and make it all about himself, a real team player!
Sale would be my bet for relegation were it not for London Welsh.
Cheery chappy
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

The Boy Dave wrote:
:smt023
Accurate also and got the team playing, so important to have quick ball in todays defence dominated game, an excellent performance and lead well but did not try and make it all about himself, a real team player!
You feel Sale are worse than Falcons??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

The Boy Dave wrote:

Quote:

You feel Sale are worse than Falcons??
Possibly!
I feel Sale have a little more individual quality in certain areas, some of which was not playing today, but that is arguable.
Falcons can be a better team on their day and have a decent DoR, I can see Falcons picking more points up!
Cheery chappy
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Wiggotiger
You got your reply to this ,"Hope to see Harrison bring his commitment across to his young charges and see a more exciting game than usual tomorrow", big time. He was really good this afternoon.
Yes, we weren't great 1st half and but credit to Seymour & Braid for that: their experience versus our inexperience.
And then credit the coaching staff for the half time team talk because it was chalk and cheese.
Finally, am I the only the one to think that Matt Smith's 'try' and their 15's yellow card (technically correct but would have been miffed if other way round) sucked the life out of Sale and made them think well it's just not our day? Even Smith looked guilty about the fact that his was not referred to the TMO. In fairness to the ref, his touch judge called it a score three times in quick succession so he was hardly likely to refer it after that.
These things probably even out over a season but, in the meanwhile, time to join the Happy Clappers again!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Sale?

More like a giveaway......

Well done lads, excellent effort throughout IMO and great to turn things around.

I reckon Sale and Steve Diamond, whatever excuses they offer, thought the game was all over by halftime and underestimated Tigers. (even though I'll admit to being (pleasantly) surprised by our resurgent 2nd half)
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Great result. Not looking good the first half and getting pushed around the park but second half was outstanding. Well played to all even though I still haven't a clue who some of them were.

Oh and whatever half time drinks you had - can you send me some please?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Coley is receiving the highest praise for the change in the scrum performance when he came on but don't forget that Brugnara came on at the same time and I was impressed with him as well. I would also like to congratulate the timing of the substitutions - perfect - we were 5 metres from their line and their put-in meaning all 8 to push and they did just that.
Hehehehehehehehe
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

Chatting with friends near the (propped open) door to the Sale dressing room, I overheard a rather animated discussion between the Sale coaches, suggesting that the referee was, among other things, 'out of his depth'. I have to admit being bemused by some of his decisions during the game, but then I was a bit further away than him from the action!
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

it is being used as a development cup for refs aswell as most teams.

what it did show though is that we do have a plan B, it wasn't just the scrum that started working in the second half, the whole team seemed to gel a bit better. I think Sale were looking to 'bully' us in the first half and pretty much succeeded but some good half time talking by our 'inexperienced' coaches seemed to do the trick. An experienced front row showed Sale up quite nicely I thought :smt003
cheers
Rich