Australia

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Australia

Post by amazing tiger »

what has happend to australa . i know they have won two world cups but they havent really won anything recently. with the talent they have got i thought they would be doing better. i suppose they have had coach changes recently so that wont have helped. they do play good rugby. just what has happend :smt017
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Australia

Post by JackFlashJonny »

The country as a whole is fully behind both Rugby League and Aussie Rules which are both far more supported if you see games in the Super 15 the majority of them are to half empty stadiums. I was there prior to the 2011 RWC in New Zealand and there really wasn't much of a buzz..I think the way the team has fallen from grace since the game went professional and they were a force to be reckoned with has meant the Aussie public has lost interest.

Pity as they have a great team with some very good players I think they could become very dangerous under Cheika he has a very good track record and for us in the RWC 2015 I would much rather Mckenzie was still in charge..Australia are on the up you will see :smt023
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

The Aussies have had quite a lot of disruption to their squad in recent years, the forwards with injuries and the backs with various other distractions and then there is the earning power abroad.
They have some very good players spread around the globe.
David Pocock was a big loss for them and has struggled with injury recently and the captaincy has moved around a bit.
Cheery chappy
ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by ElvastonTiger »

Does anyone know if Tigers will be doing anything to accommodate fans who would also like to see England v Australia on 29th Nov? There's currently a fixture clash with our game v Wasps.