Paul Burke

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Paul Burke

Post by sapajo »

Twitter rumour mill (neil fissler) suggests he has left the club and that he is trying to obtain official confirmation of this.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tigerbeat

Re: Paul Burke

Post by Tigerbeat »

There has been nothing from the Club and until such time, this is only a rumour.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

To be fair Fissler usually knows his stuff and having the most pragmatic least inspiring player as backs coach did seem pretty ludicrous.. :smt003
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:There has been nothing from the Club and until such time, this is only a rumour.
That is precisely and specifically why I used the word "rumour" :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

As a kicking coach I don't think there is anyone finer, problem is has he been promoted beyond his capacity. He has not been helped by the club obtaining the wrong no.10 Burns is not a Leicester style player and I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think he ever will be, as his confidence is shattered. We must play Williams at no. 10 and get Paul to revert to his former role as Kicking coach. As to Cockers perhaps it's timer to ask Martin Johnson if he wants to resume his role as coach, but he probably doesn't want to.Or do we bring in a foreign coach of undisputed reputation?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy, you know precisely nothing at this point. Your post is made up of guesswork, assumption and conjecture.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Noddy555 wrote:As a kicking coach I don't think there is anyone finer, problem is has he been promoted beyond his capacity. He has not been helped by the club obtaining the wrong no.10 Burns is not a Leicester style player and I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think he ever will be, as his confidence is shattered. We must play Williams at no. 10 and get Paul to revert to his former role as Kicking coach. As to Cockers perhaps it's timer to ask Martin Johnson if he wants to resume his role as coach, but he probably doesn't want to.Or do we bring in a foreign coach of undisputed reputation?
We could also summise from this post that you are also working beyond your capacity.....................just a thought.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

If this is true I expect Blake may be in charge of the Backs and Defense as I can't really see who we could bring in as a replacement at this point in the season
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Is this another sign of things falling apart?
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

A rumour means nothing, but lets everybody have a good gossip. That said there was a similar rumour posted elsewhere a few weeks ago.

Now, I don't say anything about anybody unless it's good. Now this is really good.................. :smt003
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

I hope it's a rumour I like Burke he's an unsung coach I reckon - As for Burns he's a talent who will flourish given the chance - those putting him down sound like a load of Glaws supporters. give the bloke a chance.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Seems like the club are moving for change in the backroom and, as I sort of expected, the casualty isn't going to be Cockerill or Blake, but Burke.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Darc Tiger wrote:Seems like the club are moving for change in the backroom and, as I sort of expected, the casualty isn't going to be Cockerill or Blake, but Burke.
Blake was hardly going to be the casualty if there even is one, he has only been here for a couple of months and our defense is actually looking pretty decent now
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote:If this is true I expect Blake may be in charge of the Backs and Defense as I can't really see who we could bring in as a replacement at this point in the season

SH is closed season ATM it is there off season now with all the CC and ITM cups over.

Just saying if this where to happen and someone was coming in the SH is a big possibility.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

IF it is true, don't we have a certain Geordie Murphy to take over until the end of the season.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.