Thats enough

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thats enough

Post by old one eye »

I promised myself, as I drove back from wales, that I would not come onto this forum because I knew that the sack Cockers brigade would be out in force. Well I could not resist and I was correct.
So that's enough i'm off and will never visit or post again :smt039
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Thats enough

Post by WiggoTiger »

old one eye wrote:I promised myself, as I drove back from wales, that I would not come onto this forum because I knew that the sack Cockers brigade would be out in force. Well I could not resist and I was correct.
If i was you ask for your money back for tickets and travel! Just because fans have differing views about RC why cut your nose off to spite yourself by leaving the forum??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

WiggoTiger wrote:
old one eye wrote:I promised myself, as I drove back from wales, that I would not come onto this forum because I knew that the sack Cockers brigade would be out in force. Well I could not resist and I was correct.
If i was you ask for your money back for tickets and travel! Just because fans have differing views about RC why cut your nose off to spite yourself by leaving the forum??
Absolutely agree Wiggo! I left (three times) because of the happy clappers!...............Takes all sorts to make a world.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Big Dai wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:
Absolutely agree Wiggo! I left (three times) because of the happy clappers!...............Takes all sorts to make a world.
I sometimes feel that way BD, TB seems intent on forcing me off but I ignore all the trollish beahviour and carry on.
I may be classed as a Doom Monger but I have the club at heart for everyone and like us being successful most years. The saddest thing for me is the lack of quality rugby we are producing and you are not always excited about getting down WR as you know that the style from us will more often be out of date for the modern game.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

great another person leaves the forum. at this rate there will be no. must be wiggo tiger :smt043
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Maybe the mods should just copy and paste all threads from last season as that is how predictable this forum is...same old, same old :smt023

Maybe the reason so many stop posting on here..
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Not just last season.

Pat Howard attracted the same "must go" comments shortly before the clubs near treble winning performance.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

There is nothing the moderators can do if someone decides to stop posting, many visit and don't post (so I am told), some go away and return a few weeks/months later, some go and never come back. one or two go and return under a different name (for whatever reason).

Without discussions and debates, there wouldn't be a forum. If everyone agreed all the time it would be pretty boring! Just be civil and respectful of others and of the right of others to have and express differing opinions and there is room for doom and happy alike. :smt001
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

I post rarely on the forum and certainly refuse to get into the 'cockers' debate. But I too was in Wales at the weekend. Four of use drove down on Saturday, stayed over in Cross Hands and came back to Leicester on Sunday.

Yes the rugby was dire but we had a great weekend starting with great rugby banter with a few old boys in a pub which to describe it as spit and sawdust would take it up market. We did the full agenda Gareth Edwards, Martin Johnson, JPR, Welsh Regions, songs, average gate, top stuff all to the backdrop of Slim Whitman on the jukebox. The local taxi driver was summoned by the hotel receptionist and picked us up on time and took us to a good pub near the ground which was showing the City and Saints games. Off to the game, good seats right in the middle of the Scarlets supporters, further excellent banter, which was more enjoyable than watching the game. After the game a good moan on the way back to aforesaid pub ready to take our punishment from the locals! Having been to Cardiff a couple of times in the past and been pretty much racially abused it was great to be with proper rugby supporters who show the right level of humility and respect in victory. A fine night was had by all and by some miracle we managed to find the number for the Cross Hands taxi service who came into Llanelli picked us up insisted on taking us through the Macdonalds drive through, ordering our food before dropping us back at the hotel. Sunday morning we took the advice of the locals from the day before and found the greasy spoon that served up the most immense breakfast with tea and toast for under £6, happy days.

So my point is despite being very disappointed with the result and the performance we shouldn't lose sight of what a great game this is. I've been in Limerick, Paris, Dublin and experienced the highs but sometimes you have to suffer the lows however difficult and frustrating it is. Try to enjoy the sport win or lose, one thing is for sure things will get better at out great club whether its with or without Cockers.

Finally thanks to the people of Cross Hands and Llanelli who helped to make it yet another memorable away trip!!
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Grumpy of Crumbie wrote:I post rarely on the forum and certainly refuse to get into the 'cockers' debate. But I too was in Wales at the weekend. Four of use drove down on Saturday, stayed over in Cross Hands and came back to Leicester on Sunday.

Yes the rugby was dire but we had a great weekend starting with great rugby banter with a few old boys in a pub which to describe it as spit and sawdust would take it up market. We did the full agenda Gareth Edwards, Martin Johnson, JPR, Welsh Regions, songs, average gate, top stuff all to the backdrop of Slim Whitman on the jukebox. The local taxi driver was summoned by the hotel receptionist and picked us up on time and took us to a good pub near the ground which was showing the City and Saints games. Off to the game, good seats right in the middle of the Scarlets supporters, further excellent banter, which was more enjoyable than watching the game. After the game a good moan on the way back to aforesaid pub ready to take our punishment from the locals! Having been to Cardiff a couple of times in the past and been pretty much racially abused it was great to be with proper rugby supporters who show the right level of humility and respect in victory. A fine night was had by all and by some miracle we managed to find the number for the Cross Hands taxi service who came into Llanelli picked us up insisted on taking us through the Macdonalds drive through, ordering our food before dropping us back at the hotel. Sunday morning we took the advice of the locals from the day before and found the greasy spoon that served up the most immense breakfast with tea and toast for under £6, happy days.

So my point is despite being very disappointed with the result and the performance we shouldn't lose sight of what a great game this is. I've been in Limerick, Paris, Dublin and experienced the highs but sometimes you have to suffer the lows however difficult and frustrating it is. Try to enjoy the sport win or lose, one thing is for sure things will get better at out great club whether its with or without Cockers.

Finally thanks to the people of Cross Hands and Llanelli who helped to make it yet another memorable away trip!!
Great read, wish I could have been there with you, ill health prevented the trip, planning on going to Belfast however.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

Hello again everyone

Yes I am still alive Big Dai.....don't reach for the remy in surprise

I do browse the forum now and again to see what people are saying and its nice to see that Sir Richard of Cockerill is still firmly in the crosshairs.

I think it is sad when people leave the forum and must admit I've done the same pretty much for the same reasons...doom mongers...

My views are that whatever Leicester Tigers do there will always be someone with an opinion in one hand and a pint in the other.

I have a feeling its going to be a hard season but I have seen worse and no doubt I will see worse again...I bet London Welsh fans would happily swap places though.

I will never lose heart whatever Dai pass the Remy I need a swig
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

To Old One Eye well you know what they say if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen, if posting either bores or alarms you then you have made the right decision to quit, but tell me how else are you going to make your views known? Twitter or Facebook. You don't strike me as that type of person. My advice would be to stick with it. if anyone needs to take offence at other posters then I'm your man, as at one time or another I think I've annoyed all posters on this web site. I love it. Bring it on.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Yes. This forum has become a parody of itself and has long been regarded as a laughing stock amongst fans both of us and other clubs.

Having previously been a moderator of this board I now visit only sporadically these days. I frequently feel the need to lie down in a dark room after seeing the opinions of some on here.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Noddy555 wrote:To Old One Eye well you know what they say if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen, if posting either bores or alarms you then you have made the right decision to quit, but tell me how else are you going to make your views known? Twitter or Facebook. You don't strike me as that type of person. My advice would be to stick with it. if anyone needs to take offence at other posters then I'm your man, as at one time or another I think I've annoyed all posters on this web site. I love it. Bring it on.
Ahh now you have confessed to being a windup merchant, would you now like to admit to being an internet troll as well?................just checking.... :smt004
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

This forum is fun to visit. It very much depends on what there is to talk about. Will we ever return to the glory days with a potent combination of players such as around 1999 to 2003?
I had enough of the fixture list changes so I have not renewed, but I am still a Tiger through and through. Only managed half the games last year so I might as well buy tickets for three or four and give the rest of the sub to charity.