Time for Cockerill to go

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TiddingtonTiger

Time for Cockerill to go

Post by TiddingtonTiger »

As pathetic and feeble a performance as I ever did see from Tigers. A group of clueless, passionless and woeful individuals who are not fit to wear the shirt. Goneva, Crane and Benjamin are a disgrace. Time for lots of messages in response about a football mentality and a massive injury list BUT the fact is we had a team on paper vastly superior to Scarlets and we were abysmal. Cockerill is responsible for the performance. It is now clear to everyone that no one wants to play for him and his stubbornness in letting class players go and retaining the likes of Crane are now biting him massively on the behind. Something has to change. Cockerill out
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Time for Cockerill to go

Post by kpj tiger »

This is sure to be an entertaining thread.....
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Expect loads of abuse towards you Tidd, fans seem very loyal to Cockers on here but he seemed clueless when interviewed during the game. He said we don't need go forward players on (no idea what game he saw).

He has regressed the team to kick and chase but with poor kicks and no chasers. Our forwards our about 7th best in Aviva, and we prided ourselves on forward dominance over the years.

Cockers will fall on his sword if we fail in all comps! Or be pushed....
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I'm just surprised someone beat WiggoTiger to starting a thread like this........
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote:I'm just surprised someone beat WiggoTiger to starting a thread like this........
:smt023

Two peas in a pod!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I do not blame RC or any of the coaches for that performance. It was a plethora of individual errors compounding each other.

Coupled with a team still essentially lacking in any self belief.

But not the coaches fault IMO.
Soggypitch
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Yep fully agree, Cockers is fully responsible for our professional players seemingly being unable to catch a ball.

They were probably doing it deliberately so that cockers gets sacked and to show they don't want to play for him..............
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Absolute :censored:!

Please tell me how any other coach would:

1. Stop Benjamin from panicking and dropping the ball gifting them a try.

2. Stop Ben Youngs from having the ball knocked out of his hands which fell into their Scrum halfs hands for him to run unscathed to the try line.

3. Stop Anthony Allen from dropping the ball 2 metres from the try line with no defenders on him.

4. Stop the team as a whole making so many errors.

5. Make it so Williams wouldn't have missed a kick

6. Stop the team looking so clueless from the 16th- 80th minute. There is only so much Cockerill can say and do. It's then up to the players to go out on to the pitch and do it and yet again, they didn't!

When you can find me a coach who can do all that (I know for a fact that you won't) then it is time for Cockerill to go.

The players need to take responsibility for themselves and stand up and be counted.
Last edited by ellis9 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Ok answer me this, Who do Tigers bring in to replace cockers ?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Here come the trolls from the woodwork, the ones that only post when we lose, we were poor in execution and lost the game we could have won. There's only one thing that's pathetic.................
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Lol where were you last weekend?

You can't blame the coaches for stuff like that imo.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ellis9 wrote:Absolute :censored:!

2. Stop Ben Youngs from having the ball knocked out of his hands which fell into their Scrum halfs hands for him to run unscathed to the try line.

3. Stop Anthony Allen from dropping the ball 2 metres from the try line with no defenders on him.

6. Make the team look so clueless from the 16th- 80th minute. There is only so much Cockerill can say and do. It's then up to the players to go out on to the pitch and do it and yet again, they didn't!

When you can find me a coach who can do all that (I know for a fact that you won't) then it is time for Cockerill to go.

The players need to take responsibility for themselves and stand up and be counted.
Great post :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Listening on Radio Leicester before the game, Bleddyn was saying all the decision making is done via the radio link to the water boys who inform the players what to do...kick for touch or go for posts etc.
So it must be coming from the top!!
When Pat Howard was in charge when were there posts for him to go..........never as he knew how to rotate a squad, switch to plan C or D if necessary and let the players play in an attractive manner.
Basic ball skills...........usually coached in training??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

ellis9 wrote:Absolute :censored:!

6. Stop the team looking so clueless from the 16th- 80th minute. There is only so much Cockerill can say and do. It's then up to the players to go out on to the pitch and do it and yet again, they didn't!

That's what I was trying to say but in a much shorter post!!
Soggypitch
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

WiggoTiger wrote:Listening on Radio Leicester before the game, Bleddyn was saying all the decision making is done via the radio link to the water boys who inform the players what to do...kick for touch or go for posts etc.
So it must be coming from the top!!
When Pat Howard was in charge when were there posts for him to go..........never as he knew how to rotate a squad, switch to plan C or D if necessary and let the players play in an attractive manner.
Basic ball skills...........usually coached in training??
Same players managed it last week and you never said a word, not one ALL WEEK, now a whole ruck of negativity from you, we get the picture.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.