Team for Saturday v Scarlets - Allen's back

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for Saturday v Scarlets - Allen's back

Post by sapajo »

mike wrote: They didn't seem exactly gutted by their errors either .
Agreed, their respective body language immediately afterwards was very displeasing. :smt011
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

RagingBull wrote:And someone tell me if we were getting dominated in the scrums.
We tried, but apparently it was a penalty to Scarlets for us pushing too hard and forcing them to retreat 3m and stand up.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

What a nightmare! Seats on the front row with view blocked by TV crew and (mainly) Tigers support staff and huge speakers facing us, blasting away during play (will not be going to Llanelli again). We therefore moved to the back of the stand and had to endure Scarlets supporters looking through the opposite eye to us and thoroughly enjoying it.

As for the game, I began to wonder whether we would have been better off where we couldn't see it.

The best part of the weekend was the reception given to us all by Ystradgynlais RFC.
El Guapo
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by El Guapo »

It might have been a lot worse if the Scarlet's kickers hadn't been so completely useless - -
Cardiff Blues Supporter
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

El Guapo wrote:It might have been a lot worse if the Scarlet's kickers hadn't been so completely useless - -
Indeed!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Baggy Trousers wrote:Hard to say who was more dreadful, Tigers or Ulster, don't see either of us or Scarlets getting out of the group. Think we are in a group where only the winners will go through. :smt010 :smt009
You get Ruan back and Dan you'll be a different side. We get Dan Cole, Manu , Mulipola and Parling back and we will be a different side. Scarlets are not a bad side and took their chances, but they did not create anything that the ref didn't give them. Not one of their missed penalties came from anything a neutral ref would have given. The ref did not cost us the game, but he did keep the Scarlets in it, they were allowed to lay over the ball, high tackle players and take players out off the ball and obstruct to their hearts content. But despite all of that we can still beat them at Welford Road, do what Ulster didn't do and win against Toulon at home and it's all down to a trip to Ravers to finish it one way or the other.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
beech

Post by beech »

I haven't plucked up enough courage yet to look at the recording of yesterday's game but the reaction of the Scarlets supporters I spoke to afterwards they couldn't believe how we had gifted them the game. Certainly they appeared to show more spirit than Tigers but considering we gifted them their two tries and threw away a number of chances Scarlets must feel that Christmas has come early. Why is it that when we make a clean break there are no support players ready for the off-load? There must have been 3 or 4 opportunities yesterday which, in the end, resulted in turn-overs. Apart from part of the first half against Ulster our attack shows little invention. I keep hoping but there appears little sign of change. :smt009 :smt009
tf22
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

You were warned about Lacey - and why a Pro12 ref? Decks still stacked!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
simoscribbler
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by simoscribbler »

In fairness to AA the bloke has been out for a bit, and he's been one of our most dependable players over the last few seasons. And his reaction was maybe because we bang on top at the time - it just looked like we'd score again in a minute anyway. I certainly thought so.

Other thoughts: I hope Morris is fit again soon and gets an extended run at FB. And I hope that Williams stays at FH. Surely Mele deserves a start soon too, while Salvi deserves a rest - big time.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

we made too many mistakes. benjamin and goneva didnt have great games.goneva kept dropping the ball too often. youngs has not been playing well all season. where do we go from here
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

All I can say is 'thank God' I didn't travel! Seriously, I pity any Tigers fan who went to Bath, Gloucester or Llanelli (but if you completed the hat-trick you probably feel like jumping off a tall building).

The long and short of it is our European campaign is over for another year. Call me a doom-monger all you want but having seen Toulon outclass Ulster I fancy we'll be bottom of the pool come week 5. Sure Tigers will huff and puff for an hour at home to Toulon and make it hard for them and then their class will tell and they'll pull away.

After beating Quins and Ulster I thought we were 'turning the corner'… but we have headed down a cul-de-sac and need to reverse pretty sharpish!