Selling Tickets on Stubhub

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

blocky_head7
Tiger Cub

Selling Tickets on Stubhub

Post by blocky_head7 »

Just wondering what the general consensus is on selling tickets on Stubhub.
Myself and my auntie have been season ticket holders for years, but neither of us could make this weekend. I though I would trial selling them on Stubhub, sitting in block FL on the Met-X, Caterpillar, Big Stand or whatever it wants to be called this week.

My tickets didn't sell, but what I am wondering is how many people actually buy tickets from Stubhub, and how many people have had successful sales on Stubhub?
AlphaWiseOwl

Re: Selling Tickets on Stubhub

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

We were in the same boat for the Ulster game and could not make the evening KO. We simply live too far away for a 7.45 pm start. I wanted to put our three tickets on StubHub, one adult, one +65 concession and one junior (which could have been upgraded to an adult if necessary). First I was thrown out because I put the 0 in front of my customer number. I persevered. Then I listed all three tickets together but was prevented from selecting the "sell individually option" and was left with "only sell all" which was a bit of an unrealistic prospect. I was also put off by the charges made by StubHub and then PayPal for passing on any sale proceeds but I persevered. I then thought I might list them separately so that they could be sold individually. I then realised that I would have to put all of the address and other detail in each time including credit card details. Unsurprisingly, our 9 yr old grandson who is the named holder of the junior season ticket does not have a credit card or PayPal account so what was I supposed to do with that one? I gave up and doubt I will return. I have just completed a StubHub "experience" survey. As you might imagine, I did not give them high marks for anything. They seem to have a stranglehold here which I am not that keen on.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I am a first season STH with my 9yo son who is free. I haven't used Stubhub to sell yet because the first game I gave them to a mate who upgraded the junior one and went with his brother. And I've been to the 3 other home games. It was at the back of mind that if I couldn't make any games Stubhub would enable me to recoup some money. But I think it's an expensive service for what it is. For the Ulster game my wife wanted to go with our 7yo daughter so I got tickets off Stubhub. It was £40 for one adult and one junior. But there was a whopping £7.20 service fee. The significant thing for me however was that it was cheaper than buying from the club. Not sure how much of this £40 the seller will see.

As anecdotally described by the AlphaWiseOwl it appears to be a very inflexible service. And others have pointed out can be seen as legitimate ticket touting.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

IMHO, Stubhub is a complete rip off :smt013

The fees are very high for the effort that ebay are putting in to selling the ticket. I had to put my ST up and wanted £40 for it. The buyer was asked to pay £47 for it and I get £35. £12 for Stubhub / eBay!

The user interface is very poor too. I also think that the fact that the seller can't add any kind of description for the ticket, nor can a potential buyer ask a question, is a serious omission on any kind of online retail site.

Finally, the fact that you have to have you money paid into a Paypal account who also charge you to transfer the money (and who, for now, is also owned by eBay) is also very wrong.

Doesn't this constitute a kind of monopoly, being forced to selling our ST's though a single channel?
blocky_head7
Tiger Cub

Post by blocky_head7 »

Ultimately I think it would be a good service if it is done correctly. I too put the 0 at the front of my Tigers Reference Number and it wasn't working. I rang the ticket office and immediately they knew what was wrong! Must be that they are used to it.

I don't like Paypal, as I have had just under £500 worth of fraud happen on my account in the last 2 months. I do however think that if me getting £20 back for a match I can't go to see isn't a bad deal. I just wanted to check that I am not wasting my time!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Stubhub is a joke really..The fees it charges you are heavily inflated yet I think it gives money to the clubs so they all back it..I often shudder at the price of England tickets on there unfortunately when you have moved miles away from your club so cannot be a season ticket holder there isn't much you can do..