Cockers post match

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nizzle1
Tiger Cub

Cockers post match

Post by Nizzle1 »

Having seen a well controlled performance and more importantly our hunger back, I have to say I am very impressed with cockers' post match interview on BT. I have backed him throughout and I believe, although he may need help, that he is the man to keep us at the top.
He protected the players, stuck up for the club, told the media to back off and I for one am proud to have him as our DOR after an interview like that; I came off proud to be a tiger. It is exactly the lift we need.
Let us continue our backing of our great club and bring on the heiniken. Sorry european champions cup.
moorsman1
Tiger Cub

Re: Cockers post match

Post by moorsman1 »

dream on
Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigris »

Croft out for 6 weeks...
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Tigris wrote:Croft out for 6 weeks...
For something far outside the club's control. A screw in a knee bone that's irritating the tissue in that area. Its a short term outage for a long term fix.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Nizzle1"]Having seen a well controlled performance and more importantly our hunger back, I have to say I am very impressed with cockers' post match interview on BT. I have backed him throughout and I believe, although he may need help, that he is the man to keep us at the top.
He protected the players, stuck up for the club, told the media to back off and I for one am proud to have him as our DOR after an interview like that; I came off proud to be a tiger. It is exactly the lift we need.
Let us continue our backing of our great club and bring on the heiniken. Sorry european champions cup.[/quote]

I thought he did well too, although perhaps came across as a tad overly defensive at times. He always shows how much he cares about the Club, his fellow coaches and back-room staff, and the players. Also, said the right things about the result. It was an important win in the context of how the season has gone, but there is much still to do.
Nizzle1
Tiger Cub

Post by Nizzle1 »

MurphysLaw wrote: I thought he did well too, although perhaps came across as a tad overly defensive at times. He always shows how much he cares about the Club, his fellow coaches and back-room staff, and the players. Also, said the right things about the result. It was an important win in the context of how the season has gone, but there is much still to do.
Completely agree. At times playing the card too much, but it must be a helluva frustrating time for him having his club and himself personally attacked for the sake of a headline.
Just rewatched it and his handling of Craig doyle and Lawrence Dallaglios unfounded probing is exceptional. Must be very east to lose your head in that situation but he represented the club well.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Interesting that Austin was not there post match.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

We should not get carried awasy by 1 good performance, the team did play well especially Owen Williams,Manu, Blaine Scully & Taity who showed remarkable recovery powers from what could have been a serious injury. In general the forwards did well especially in the second half with the introduction of Marcos Ayerza,whose reception was so great they could probably have heard it in Argentina. However, there is one glaring fact, Burns again had an awful match his kicking from hand was atrocious, often as not just finding the man and not the space behind or to the side, he did improve slightly in the second half, but if I were Cockers and Anthony Allen proves fit enough for the Ulster match,then I would bring him in at 12 and move Williams to No.10 and Burns to the bench.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Tyzot wrote:Interesting that Austin was not there post match.
Cocker had probably nailed his 'derryair' to the visitors changing room door? Shame tho' because it would have made an interesting insight? I am sure Oz would not retract anything he has said and rightly so. I may be wrong but I do not recall Oz dissing the club and its history. Cockers indicated that there were issues and that he and other would fix it, otherwise they are gone. Whether the 'Tigers way' will be enough to return the club to a top 4 side remains to be seen? Last night's game was played under poor conditions. The Tigers got it right on the night, Quins didn't. 5 mins of dry weather, Quins scored a try. Had conditions been good, would the result have been the same? What I did enjoy is the 'fronting up' by the players from the first whistle. The kick and chase was something that has not been truly employed since the days on 'Maddog'. The passion to control the game is something that has been missing from day one. The Falcons game was dire, and the rest leading up to last have been no better. Cockers said that they had a bad 15 minutes at Glaws? I reckon his watch must have stopped because when you watch that game over again the Tigers were out of place for most of the game, disorganised and unable to cope under pressure. Last night, taking the game to Quins relieved the pressure and allowed time and control. Cockers hopes it is a turning point, don't we all? Ulster next weekend will be a bigger test and the Tiger do need to win to cement the job done last night.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat