Struck by a coin in the MET RX

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Struck by a coin in the MET RX

Post by Iain »

After the final whistle I was struck by a coin thrown from further up in GU. This has been reported to the stewards and cctv will be investigated. Another gentleman passed while I was speaking to the steward to say they were also struck. If that was you please report your location to the club so the scum bag who threw it can be banned for life.

If you saw anything please report to the club.

Furious doesn't even cover it.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Struck by a coin in the MET RX

Post by Noggs »

Hope they manage to identify the pil***k. Also hope he wasn't wearing a Tigers shirt!
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Strewth. hope you're OK that's awful.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tigermatt1980

Post by Tigermatt1980 »

We allways seen to have the drunks and yobs in for the late kick off's. I hope they find out who did this and ban them for life from welford road.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'm fine thanks. Struck me on the embroidered Tigers badge on my shirt. So couldn't have hit a more protected part of me. But t that's not the point. A few degrees higher and it hits my face.

Never thought I'd post something like this.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Disgraceful behaviour!

Glad you are ok. Hope they catch and ban the individual concerned.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Unacceptable behaviour, hope they find the idiot.

Have to say the mix of the early Oktoberfest and the free tickets given out to tanked up students for a Friday night game was a poor decision from the club. The terrace was full of idiots and the lack of respect for the kickers for the second home game running simply isn't tigers - I suspect the coin thrower was in some way as a result of those activities.

Must admit, very unimpressed with the stewards on the terrace last night.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Well for a bit of balance I must say the steward who I spoke to was very helpful. So thank you to her.

As for the tanked up students it's a wonder they were able to be served enough to be drunk. See my other post in the catering thread!

A shame, as it was otherwise an enjoyable evening and nice for there to be a bit of atmosphere in the Members stand for a change.
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Bad incident, but it's a balance, isn't it? Elsewhere, the more lively atmosphere has been praised and the crowd certainly seemed louder and really behind the team. Some of the players have also commented on Twitter. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing if there's a bit of a 'bear pit' atmosphere when we take on Ulster, given the shaky start to the season.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

KevinR wrote:Bad incident, but it's a balance, isn't it? Elsewhere, the more lively atmosphere has been praised and the crowd certainly seemed louder and really behind the team. Some of the players have also commented on Twitter. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing if there's a bit of a 'bear pit' atmosphere when we take on Ulster, given the shaky start to the season.
Surely you can have both, the atmosphere but without the coin throwing. Shocking incident really, just glad no one was seriously injured.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

I wasn't in any way condoning the moronic coin throwing. However, the evening kick-off and the amount of amber liquid being consumed did create a much more lively atmosphere - mostly for the best.
Antisober

Post by Antisober »

Just read this and that is disgusting behaivier I like a drink at the games (possibly to many drinks) but no matter how drunk I get I would never act this way, this should never happen again remember people were rugby fans we have respect for each other and have fun we don't agree with violat acts!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

We don't know who did this or how it occurred, as it was raised with a steward straight away you'd hope CCTV will be reviewed on monday and the circumstances become clear (though I can't quite think of a way this could be an accident you have to go it a review with an open mind).

Presumably if it hit your chest you were facing the area it came from?
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

More side on really turning back to talk to the person next to me. Didn't see where it came from at all to be honest.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Total mountain out of a mole hill situation. Nobody is hurt. Move on. Pick the fifty pence up and buy a bag of crips or alternatively admit you've made it all up or got it wrong...non story.