Tigers kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Luther012

Tigers kit

Post by Luther012 »

I recently bought my 2 sons new CCC replica Tigers shirts from shop....Very expensive but they are happy! I also bought various items of CCC merchandise for myself and wife
A week later I hear from a friend that the Tigers have signed a new kit deal with Kooga for next Season meaning that all the new kit I have spent my hard earned cash on will be obsolete at the end of the season
Pretty bad form if this is correct.... Anyone else heard of this...be careful on Xmas gifts !
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers kit

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Kooga really? That would be a curveball....

Anyone got any info on this?
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

The Kit changes every year anyway, how is it bad form? Do you want them to release one shirt and just stay exactly the same so all the time? You don't have to buy a new shirt just because the team no longer play in the one you own.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

My favourite shirt is still my Tetley bitter sponsored shirt but either it has shrunk or my belly has expanded so I now vary between the brad stone and next shirts! :smt001
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Luther012 wrote:... meaning that all the new kit I have spent my hard earned cash on will be obsolete at the end of the season.
Is it really that crucial your kit is up to date? I don't know if you've noticed but a significant percentage of rugby supporters (me included) value our older jerseys and take pride in wearing them.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I agree with you In Guinness. The old shirts are valuable & Iam proud to wear, but my Vauxhall one requires a set of tyre levers that's the trouble with them shrinking in the wardrobe!
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

wormus wrote:The old shirts are valuable & I am proud to wear, but my Vauxhall one requires a set of tyre levers that's the trouble with them shrinking in the wardrobe!
You have my sympathies, my friend. I too possess a shirt or two of that ilk.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Actually a new shirt every year is a relatively new thing as we used to have the home for two years and the away for two years on an alternate basis and so I do sympathise with the view of the original poster.

Just because some people like to wear retro shirts (of which I have a fair collection that I regularly wear) doesn't make it acceptable to change the design every year. Quite a few parents will I am sure feel the pressure to always buy the latest design and it is that pressure that puts money in the salesmans pocket.

I do buy the latest shirts each time (except the one with the bib) but I am old enough to make that choice - the wife chooses not to, but actually I also think its pretty bad form to have switched to a new shirt every year - smacks of profiteering to me.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Mmmm, not sure about the rumour. Kooga have been disappearing over the past few years (BLK have morphed out of them from the SH). Unless they've developed very close ties to Kitbag, I can't see a change from the world's biggest dedicated rugby brand.

Much as we all loved the old Cotton Traders days when you got two years out of a shirt, today is different, and enough people will buy a new one every year. I just buy mine - and the childrens - at the end of the season!

(and I can't do Tetley Bitter, by my shirt last night had NEXT as the main sponsor - with red cuffs) :smt003
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

We change the kit each year and have done for a little while now.

We do this because enough people buy them each season for it to be profitable. This is good for the club. I don't feel obliged to buy them but others do. Keep wearing your 'obsolete' kits. Who cares?
preci447

Post by preci447 »

According to several people in the shop kooga deal is done from next season
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Kooga deal done? Good. Canterbury has got the imagination of a goldfish. Let's hope Kooga come up with a traditional hooped style shirt and a range which includes a 100% cotton version, with a proper collar, for fans to buy. These composite man-made fibre versions are neither warm for the winter or cool for spring and autumn when the sun is still blazing away. Time to go retro I think.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

:smt023 Agreed

It's a shame we can't go back to Cotton Traders - the quality of their shirts, t-shirts, polo shirts, etc was superb.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

cidermark wrote::smt023 Agreed

It's a shame we can't go back to Cotton Traders - the quality of their shirts, t-shirts, polo shirts, etc was superb.
Given that I'm still wearing all mine I agree wholeheartedly. Great pity they left the market. Does make me smile seeing all the comments about CT given the complaints when they were in the seat.

I see that there are finally some XL size classic shirts in stock in the shop - wonderful marketing success that was not having enough of the most popular size!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Can't help but think that we are one of the few teams left not exposing more sponsorship on the shirt.

Any design moving onward is bound to be plainer to accommodate sponsorship - can certainly see a Stihl logo in the future...