Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Team v Quins - Manu's back

Post by tigerburnie »

Great victory, just what we needed.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
metalmann
Tiger Cub

Post by metalmann »

Darc Tiger wrote:Marcos made a massive difference. Got more out of Balmain too.
Hate to say it but rizzo struggled and gave away penalties marcos showed how it is done totally destroyed collier and sinkler
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Well Marcos is possibly the best loosehead in the world, and Rizzo is 3rd choice, and a 30 year old with a handful of caps for Italy. There is going to be a step.
metalmann
Tiger Cub

Post by metalmann »

Darc Tiger wrote:Well Marcos is possibly the best loosehead in the world, and Rizzo is 3rd choice, and a 30 year old with a handful of caps for Italy. There is going to be a step.
agree about Marcos, Rizzo is 32 and probably brought in as 2nd choice think logo is best suited at TH bearing in mind his size.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

If we had everyone fit, Logo would be covering Ayerza I think. Rizzo is playing the Stankovich role while we try and mature the young props.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

By no means a perfect performance but a performance that we've all been waiting for. Great effort, passion and commitment from the whole team. Tait was excellent and once again outshone Brown in their matchup. The pack was great, Thorn was brutal and it was really nice to see him run all the way over to Scully on the wing to pump him up after another fantastic chase, love seeing that. Gibson is the love child of Croft and Moody, the other team must see his charge downs coming but they can't stop it. Scully is the most commited wing I've ever seen and has surely played himself into the starting team. Ghiraldini is a quality player, so strong in the loose and almost perfect in the line out. Kitch is so good you barely even notice Parlings absence, and that's some feat. Salvi was Salvi, massive effort from him today. Balmain improved and held his own against Marler. Ayerza is the best loosehead in the world, no doubt in my mind. Took a couple of scrums to get into it but when he did the difference he made was astounding. Maybe he was a bit too pumped, he had to be pulled away a couple of times, don't mind that though. Incredible player and a club legend.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Am only permitted a short comment by the real fans :smt019 since i watched one half and then bits thanks to internet feed and grandkids.

What a bl&&dy improvement, real Tigers at last and defence seemed considerably improved. Scully is already a legend, likewise Marcos.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
moorsman1
Tiger Cub

Post by moorsman1 »

we were poor. tactics poor. game plan poor. No use papering over the cracks we are at present a very poor team. Do you know what the answer to the problem is?
metalmann
Tiger Cub

Post by metalmann »

you are probably right imo a loosehead should be around the 115kg as they can offer more around the field as a prop is expected to hit around 35 rucks in a 60/65 min shift. In the bath game logo hit around 10 but think he wass carrying an injury and dont think we will see him for a while. :smt022
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

moorsman1 wrote:we were poor. tactics poor. game plan poor. No use papering over the cracks we are at present a very poor team. Do you know what the answer to the problem is?
You are quite barking if you believe that.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

A very good win by the boys, looked nervous as hell in parts and expected Williams to nail
Missiles from a long way out when we we should have kicked to the corner, the power of manu added a massive difference, Tait was awesome, Ayerza is a difference class, Rizzo is a go to man if need be, Munipola on the the other side would be destructive. Brad Thorn is a legend and showed that tonight in his 39+ years, showed robshaw up, Burns was up and down, I think Williams is the number 1 fly half once we have sufficent cover at centre, can't wait to to see manu and Loamanu teaming up in the centres, lots of postives tonight, the Tigers spirit was back!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

moorsman1 wrote:we were poor. tactics poor. game plan poor. No use papering over the cracks we are at present a very poor team. Do you know what the answer to the problem is?
I don't have the answer to Quins' form.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

:smt042
moorsman1
Tiger Cub

Post by moorsman1 »

it's nothing to do with the other team's form. We are poor in comparison to other premier teams. Our game plan is poor , our tactics are poor. This culture of accepting how we play as acceptable has run its course. I have been supporting this team for years and I know that the present regime has past its sell by date. Someone posted about Manu's impact tonight - wishful thinking. Aimless kicking game, non committal chase game, played mostly in our in our own half all match. Don't get me started on the choice of team captain. Ulster will wipe the floor with us.
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

moorsman, can I ask who you thought had a poor game? Bearing in mind our injury list, I'm pretty sure no other team in the league (with the possible exception of Sarries) could manage a cohesive rampant performance in those conditions against a team like Quins.
FWIW I thought Scully, Salvi, Gibson, Tait, Thorne and Ghiraldini all had outstanding games. The others 'only' had good games. No one dropped below a 7/10 performance for me.

You say our tactics were poor....how would you have played the game?
Blimey...