Quins game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins game

Post by RagingBull »

Pasquali is a TH so having him and Balmain on the bench means two TH.

Personally with those players.

1) Ayerza?, 2) Ghilrandi, 3) Mulipola
4) Thorn, 5) Kitchener
6) Gibson (don't know Croft status yet), 7) Salvi, 8) Crane (he works well with Mele).
9) Mele, 10) Williams
12) Bai, 13) Harrison
11) Benjamin, 14) Goneva, 15) Scully

Bench: 16) Briggs, 17) Rizzo, 18) Balmain, 20) De Cheves, 21) Pearce Pearce (him not playing in the A league game may mean he could get a shot @ Quins) 21) Youngs, 22) Burns, 23) Smith

Although a long shot Merc had Manu down to return possibly against Quins.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote: Although a long shot Merc had Manu down to return possibly against Quins.
Hope so but I fear the next time you will see Manu in action will be in an England jersey. :smt010
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Given the injury situation, lack of clear information and last minute changes that keep occuring is there any point in us predicting line ups. Not that I am telling anyone what to do, far from it. Just seems like an impossible task. It is still early in the week even given the match is on Friday.

One thing I would really like to see on Friday from whoever is playing is some composure and getting the basics right. Not trying to force the issue, especially in our own half but taking calculated risks in the oppos half. One of the aspects of the last 3 games that stand out is squandared opportunities like the one just before halftime in the Irish game.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Are we being serious about this starting Sam Harrison as a centre? I know he's looked energetic and keen when coming on late in a game but that has been against tiring opposition with a game over in terms of result against Glaws and Bath. Surely an opposition manager would see his name at 13 and see him as a weakness and he would have big runners coming straight at him. I accept the lad deserves some game time but I'd hate to see him start 13. He's a decent club 9 who can play 10 in my eyes.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I worry about Friday. I expect that Manu and Logo will be named in the starting XV before being pulled out at the last minute. Quins have almost their first team out and had a confidence building TBP vs Welsh last week so it's going to be every difficult to get a result. We need the forwards to put in a massive shift as the backs won't stand up to Quins backs. I'd start Williams over Burns and have Ayerza on the bench. If Croft, Ayerza, Bai, Logo and Manu return I will feel a lot more confident obviously but we will need a much better team performance in general to stand a chance.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I just hope we find touch with our kicks.
I know its de rigeur to criticise kicking away possession but not every team can run the ball the way Bath do and when you're faced with a really aggressive defense, you sometimes have to hit the pressure release button. If you miss touch, all you do is buy 20 seconds before your defensive line is under pressure.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

L Smith wrote:I just hope we find touch with our kicks.

I thought this problem would cease when Toby left but it persists with our new No 10 :smt011
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leice ... story.html

Great news, but let's not expect him to do it all on his own though.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Although Bai, Manu, Loamanu Croft and allen aren't going to play.

The lack of Logo's name gives me a small glimmer of hope.

A front row with Ayerza and mulipola suddenly gives us a very nice looking pack.

and hopefully give some go forward ball the backs need all the help they can get ATM.

reckon then the backline will be the one that finished the Glous game with Bell on the bench.

It would be nice to see Pohe on the bench but he doesn't offer enough choices ATM.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote:
L Smith wrote:I just hope we find touch with our kicks.

I thought this problem would cease when Toby left but it persists with our new No 10 :smt011
Sounds like Toby is not having a good time in France.

TBF burns kicking was brilliant against Fals and Exeter just with the backline not attacking properly it means they can have all 3 backline players guarding the touch lines.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Referee for Friday night is Tim Wigglesworth with Watson & Dix on the lines.
At least Greg Garner is far away @ Grenoble v Brieve.
MJB

Post by MJB »

Interesting article by J Guscott:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29549497

I'm not sure how much of it he wrote himself and how much was written by a non-rugby journo employed by the BBC:

"Leicester will be looking towards the experience of players like Marcos Ayerza and Brad Thorn, who are set to make their home debuts."

and talking about Freddie Burns "I saw his first game at Newcastle"

However he does make one or two valid points. He's also tipping us to win tonight...
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

MJB wrote:Interesting article by J Guscott:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29549497

I'm not sure how much of it he wrote himself and how much was written by a non-rugby journo employed by the BBC:

"Leicester will be looking towards the experience of players like Marcos Ayerza and Brad Thorn, who are set to make their home debuts."

and talking about Freddie Burns "I saw his first game at Newcastle"

However he does make one or two valid points. He's also tipping us to win tonight...
Are you sure you read the article properly, it says one of them is making his home debut which is true for Thorn and says he say Freddie against Newcastle not at Newcastle.

Guscott tipping us to win is the kiss of death
TheTinks

Post by TheTinks »

I like Noddy 555 and Raging Bull's thinking - we have to start Mele - Williams at 9 & 10 - otherwise I fear the worst - could be another pasting.
I can't beleive the 'experts' aren't picking up on it, we played much better / quicker / slicker when Mele came on. Ben is a great lad but playing far too slowly and passing too poorly, and he is not 'leading the fight.
Let's have captain Kitchener, or Ayerza, Salvi, anybody! Please, not Ben again!
In any case, we may well still lose - if recent exhibitions of indeptitude are anything to go by it will depend more on the ref than either side!
One thing 'cheating' Harlequins will do in spades is get into the ref's ear (Care, Marler, Easter, etc.) - if our captain doesn't do the same and counter it - they will have an edge.
Finally - I hope it rains - I'd take a 3-0 win in a mudfight!
MJB

Post by MJB »

Apologies - it's been edited since I first saw it.