Time for everyone to stick together

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Time for everyone to stick together

Post by Ian Cant »

We all know things aren't going well but we, the supporters can do nothing, except support the team at full volume. I feel sorry for the coaches as with every game we play there are more injuries. Tait now looks in a bad way and Smith, bless him, played despite not being fully fit!
POSITIVES:Don't forget we won the second half yesterday even with no fit centres left, no full back and almost a full pack out injured! Tough times.
COME ON TIGERS.
Tigermatt1980

Re: Time for everyone to stick together

Post by Tigermatt1980 »

Spot on we ALL must stick together. We have to play are part in helping the lads turn things round and that starts on Friday night. Let's give the lads are full support and make it a great atmosphere.
Kent Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Kent Tiger »

+1. This is my first season as a season ticket holder and I will remain loyal to Tigers whatever happens. I will still be travelling from Kent to as many games as I can and watching the rest at Welford Road South. :smt045
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

plus another one, I cannot understand why people complain, our second team isn't as good as the other teams first team, quelle surprise.
I saw a team putting in an effort yesterday, disappointing that Glaws chose that day to play well and put us to the sword in the first half. Our positives out weighed the negatives, apart from Taits injury.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Agreed. I guess that for some it is easier to complain than support.

Personally I hope that we all weather the storm and come out stronger.

If we were at full strength then I would possibly have a different view and I would be more critical.

I remember one of the "Supporters" best moments when we conceded 50 at home to Saracens a few years ago and we gave the lads a rousing send off at the end of the game because the scratch team on the day had played their hearts out. Just as the crowd have a right to expect passion ad commitment, the team have the right to expect the same response from "Supporters".

At the moment, that is how I see the situation. I understand others having a different opinion as is their right, but would ask for a bit more understanding.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Tyzot wrote:Agreed. I guess that for some it is easier to complain than support.

If we were at full strength then I would possibly have a different view and I would be more critical.

I remember one of the "Supporters" best moments when we conceded 50 at home to Saracens a few years ago and we gave the lads a rousing send off at the end of the game because the scratch team on the day had played their hearts out. Just as the crowd have a right to expect passion ad commitment, the team have the right to expect the same response from "Supporters".

At the moment, that is how I see the situation. I understand others having a different opinion as is their right, but would ask for a bit more understanding.
Well put, a bit of patience is a good thing.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

This is a difficult start and obviously disappointing. However, when you think back to the defeat we inflicted on Exeter Chiefs it does show the potential we have when we have a strongish team out. That win was without experienced props. I say that because our young props are having to develop in very difficult circumstances. I believe they have great potential and with Aryzea and Logo (hopefully fit next week) we can put out a more forceful front row. It does depend if Logo is fit and Aryzea has recovered from the flight back (he may need another week)

Whatever, I believe things will get better towards the end of October. We have one more league game and then two European games followed by the LV Cup. so we are effectively looking at November to get back into League action.

So grit you teeth and take some pain killers....
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

Tyzot wrote:Agreed. I guess that for some it is easier to complain than support.

Ditto
Pip
PANTHERA TIGRIS

Post by PANTHERA TIGRIS »

[quote="tigerburnie"]plus another one, I cannot understand why people complain, our second team isn't as good as the other teams first team.

The problem is that our second team isn't as good as other teams second teams. And when (arguably) up to 8 players yesterday would make the first team, I am struggling to find positives. I just don't buy this " we won the second half" talk - we lost by 17 points. We have shipped 100 points is 3 games - 100 points! Only Welsh have conceded more. Come the end of October, on current form, we will be out of the Euro Champs and, bearing in mind, we are already 8 points shy of the 3rd place team, Saracens, a home semi will also be unattainable. The late season surge doesn't work anymore as I cant see all of Saints, Saracens and Bath dropping enough points - 1 maybe, but not all 3. I'll keep on going, keep on supporting but there is no way our squad should be this weak.
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Panthera Tigris .
But we are not playing against other clubs second teams. I believe that they would all struggle greatly if given only half of our injuries.
I am confident that we move forward as players come back. Our defence will improve as we get used to the new coach's ideas and methods.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

PANTHERA TIGRIS WROTE:-
tigerburnie wrote:plus another one, I cannot understand why people complain, our second team isn't as good as the other teams first team.

The problem is that our second team isn't as good as other teams second teams. And when (arguably) up to 8 players yesterday would make the first team, I am struggling to find positives. I just don't buy this " we won the second half" talk - we lost by 17 points. We have shipped 100 points is 3 games - 100 points! Only Welsh have conceded more. Come the end of October, on current form, we will be out of the Euro Champs and, bearing in mind, we are already 8 points shy of the 3rd place team, Saracens, a home semi will also be unattainable. The late season surge doesn't work anymore as I cant see all of Saints, Saracens and Bath dropping enough points - 1 maybe, but not all 3. I'll keep on going, keep on supporting but there is no way our squad should be this weak.
Excellent post, I couldn't agree more.
A life long Tiger
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

I agree with the initial post that it is time to stick together but there are some major underlining issues that are alarming this season, we have been hit by injuries previously and lost large quantities of the squad to international duty, i remember a few seasons ago we played Sarries at welford road with the team half full of academy players, we were thrashed but one thing we showed was heart and passion and the Tigers spirit, this year we have not seen any of that, there is a lack of leadership, drive and Tigers heart, one thing that cannot be overlooked is the fact we have signed a lot of players from teams that are use to losing week in week out and even on the International scene, i.e the four from Treviso and even Burns could be put in that category at Glaws, the tigers need a massive lift and it's down to the senior tigers players like Ben Youngs and Salvi to manifest that winning spirit into these new boys. I don't think it's time to show Cockers the door but at the end of the day the buck will fall with him, a defeat next week against Quins will surely have the board asking questions.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

baz1664 wrote:I agree with the initial post that it is time to stick together but there are some major underlining issues that are alarming this season, we have been hit by injuries previously and lost large quantities of the squad to international duty, i remember a few seasons ago we played Sarries at welford road with the team half full of academy players, we were thrashed but one thing we showed was heart and passion and the Tigers spirit, this year we have not seen any of that, there is a lack of leadership, drive and Tigers heart, one thing that cannot be overlooked is the fact we have signed a lot of players from teams that are use to losing week in week out and even on the International scene, i.e the four from Treviso and even Burns could be put in that category at Glaws, the tigers need a massive lift and it's down to the senior tigers players like Ben Youngs and Salvi to manifest that winning spirit into these new boys. I don't think it's time to show Cockers the door but at the end of the day the buck will fall with him, a defeat next week against Quins will surely have the board asking questions.
So the buck falls with Cockers even if the problem isn't his creation? I've said it before and I'll say it again. There isn't a coach or team on Earth who could cope with the problems we have ATM. If you want to sack a coach because his team isn't performing the same with 20 players unavailable as it is when fully fit then I think you're being very unfair. We will be where we need to be come May time and when we are I dare say we won't be hearing calls for Cockers head.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Like in any professional sport the buck falls with the coach at the end of the day, the injury situation isn't good but tigers had plenty of internationals out there yesterday, I hope cockers does turn it around but I have my doubts he has the tactics to evolve in the ever changing modern day rugby, grind, grunt and power doesn't always win you games anymore, The top clubs know if there about on parity with the leicester pack then they can turn the screw in the backs.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

baz1664 wrote:Like in any professional sport the buck falls with the coach at the end of the day, the injury situation isn't good but tigers had plenty of internationals out there yesterday, I hope cockers does turn it around but I have my doubts he has the tactics to evolve in the ever changing modern day rugby, grind, grunt and power doesn't always win you games anymore, The top clubs know if there about on parity with the leicester pack then they can turn the screw in the backs.
I have to ask, if 'top' clubs know that then why don't they do it? It's all very well and good saying teams have figured us out but that doesn't explain how we consistently beat the likes of Northampton and have been champions 3 times in the last 6 years. Do all the titles and top 2 finishes count for nothing as soon as we lose a couple of games? I thought missing out on the final last year would have made people realise how difficult it is every year and what an incredible job Cockers has done to get us to those finals every year. Instead it seems that it's just given people an excuse to call for his head.