Tigers v Gloucester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Gloucester

Post by ourla »

Gloucester go into this match with a very similar record to Tigers: 1 thrashing on the road against a top team, a tight loss at home to a mid-table team, a solid victory against a good team and a solid victory against one weakest teams in the league. So this is a really interesting match up. The two teams, even at this early stage of the season, will see this as a game that could impact their season.

Welsh matched Gloucester for an hour at the weekend. How much of that was down to an improvement in Welsh or an indication of the abilities of Gloucester is hard to say.

Indications are that Tigers may have turned the corner on availability. No injuries from the weekend and 4-5 players to come back in.
Brianf

Re: Tigers v Gloucester

Post by Brianf »

Gloucester appear to be having some issues with the bedding in of their new players, which is understandable. But it looks like Hook will retain the No. 10 shirt for the Tigers game...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29409518
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I think it's a banana-skin for Glaws. They will be faced with unknowns, simply because we haven't had the same side two weeks running. and our current squad is hybrid 1st/2nd team.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Hope I'm wrong but I can't see us winning this one. Apart from a couple of exceptions we just don't have sufficient fit and in form players and as a team Tigers are just not performing.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

G.K wrote:Hope I'm wrong but I can't see us winning this one. Apart from a couple of exceptions we just don't have sufficient fit and in form players and as a team Tigers are just not performing.
Not like glaws are in form.

depends on who is back.

If we have at least Rizzo, Mulipola and Bai back we are in with a chance.

If Manu and Thorn are also back then I am optimistic.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

going to be very close always is against glaws. lets just hopwe we win to get some confidence in us and silence the critics
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I think we'll struggle with their pace and if we are to win, we cannot keep missing tackles and we will probably have to score 2 or 3 tries which means we'll need more invention.
I think we should take the pressure of Freddie and leave the spot kicks to Williams (if we continue with Burns /Williams combo).
Heart says narrow win: head says loss by 7-10
:smt022
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

RagingBull wrote:
G.K wrote:Hope I'm wrong but I can't see us winning this one. Apart from a couple of exceptions we just don't have sufficient fit and in form players and as a team Tigers are just not performing.
Not like glaws are in form.

depends on who is back.

If we have at least Rizzo, Mulipola and Bai back we are in with a chance.

If Manu and Thorn are also back then I am optimistic.
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Black ... story.html

Looks like Manu is out for another week, but you may get your wish on the other 4!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

:smt023

If that is the case would have Rizzo and Thorn on the bench.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

I'll be there :smt041

I really hope Brad Thorn can start. I see him in the Slater/Deacon enforcer role - a great asset to Tigers. A Bai/Goneva combination could be interesting and will keep Twelvetrees on his toes.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Be good to have Bai and Goneva at centre with Williams at Fly Half, Thorn and Kitch would be a good pairing and hopefully either the experience of Munipola or Rizzo in the front row with one of the youngsters on the either side will secure the pack, going to be tough against Glaws but if we can secure the set piece then you never know.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Keep Afoa quiet and we can set up a platform, win our lineout cleanly and we can start to think about scoring tries. I think Owen should be taking the place kicks, where ever he is on the pitch, he's more consistent from the floor. Freddy is good kicking from hand, so I wouldn't mind if both of them were on the pitch and Bai on the bench.
Time for our back row to deliver on the promises, I'd start with Pearce, Salvi and Gibbo(Tom on the bench if he's fit)
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I think we will need to see what team we can put out before assessing our chances this weekend. After last Saturday's performance we must thank our lucky stars that we had manu & Anthony Allen for the opening two matches. There has to be a vast improvement in our tackling, positional sense and forard play particularly at the breakdown.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

My slight optimism will no doubt be dashed by the team sheet on Friday. No doubt on the bench Mele etc, and Bristow - after such a great performance. No Pearce.

wouldn't be surprised with
START
Mulipola
Leo
Balmain
Kitchener
De Chaves
Gibson
Salvi
Crane
YBY
Burns
Goneva
Bai
Williams
Scully
Tait
BENCH
Bristow
Briggs
Pasquali
Barbieri
Thorn
Mele
Harrison
Smith
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

jgriffin wrote:My slight optimism will no doubt be dashed by the team sheet on Friday. No doubt on the bench Mele etc, and Bristow - after such a great performance. No Pearce.

wouldn't be surprised with
START
Mulipola
Leo
Balmain
Kitchener
De Chaves
Gibson
Salvi
Crane
YBY
Burns
Goneva
Bai
Williams
Scully
Tait
BENCH
Bristow
Briggs
Pasquali
Barbieri
Thorn
Mele
Harrison
Smith
Sorry JG but I would rest Ben Youngs & Crane this week and go for:-

15> Tait , Scully, Goneva, Bai, Benjamin. 10 Williams & Mele.
Mulipola , Ghiraldini, Balmain, Kitchener Captain, De Chaves, Salvi , Gibson & Barbieri (Bunny 8).
Bench :- Bristow, Briggs, Pasquali, Thorn (hopefully),Pearce, Harrison, Burns, Smith.
Supported by Director of Rugby Richard Cockerill.
Edit :- Our Referee at Glous. is Andrew Small wit Assistants Ashley Rowden & Roger Baileff. The TMO is Sean Davey - ex. Ref.
Wayne is in South Africa and Bath v Saracens welcome Greg Garner :smt043