Tigers v Gloucester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Gloucester

Post by Big Dai »

It's just like watching the Dragons! Ah well, Posh Richard's going to feel better when I pay up my Remy per try bet! Better till the hangover sets in that is.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear. What a shambles. Not even good enough for the championship.

Taxi for Cockers!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

We are pretty rubbish. How did we ever manage to beat Exeter? I know we have injuries, but this team is not playing even close to where they should be.

There's got to be a coaching issue somewhere.
DAZZBOD

Post by DAZZBOD »

Having been out of the loop for a while, I'm dismayed at what I'm seeing. We look knackered and seem to be moving too slow. Why is this? Some have said training methods have changed, and a new defence coach have been difficult to adjust to. Is this the thoughts of many? Injuries of course can cause problems but, we've always had strength in depth, is this no longer the case? Yes I'm asking questions before I make any further comment either way at the moment. Anyone have answers?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Could the defense be poor due to Tigers using the same defensive systems for a long time and Blake is trying to implement something radically different which is still causing confusion about where players should be in our lines, its the only reason I can think off for this abysmal display
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Maidman wrote:We are pretty rubbish. How did we ever manage to beat Exeter? I know we have injuries, but this team is not playing even close to where they should be.

There's got to be a coaching issue somewhere.
Even though he didn't have a huge game Allen is such a key part to our backline. Also players like Mulipola and Manu would draw in a lot of defenders.

You may not see me for a bit after this.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote:Could the defense be poor due to Tigers using the same defensive systems for a long time and Blake is trying to implement something radically different which is still causing confusion about where players should be in our lines, its the only reason I can think off for this abysmal display

That and the mix of having a 10 @ 12 and a wing @ 13 could be a big factor.

But still.......
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Pitiful performance.

Every member of the team and the coaching staff should hang their head in shame.

Tigers look sluggish, disorganised and at times disinterested.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Complete lack of direction, making Ben Youngs captain was a big mistake, our defence is trully awful, forwards ending up on the wing, dropping off tackles, no fight no spirit, the next 40 minutes could be one of the biggest in cockers rain.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Mrs GS has left the pub to go shoe shopping, how much worse can this get? Injuries I can accept, 15 clueless rugby players no.

Coaching tip - when you get the ball keep hold of it and don't kick it away, especially if you look like being charged down. Not rocket science.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Geordy is blaming the strong wind? So, injuries and now the weather conditions. Is it it really a 21 point wind? No! School boy errors, poor game plan and poor execution, too deep unlike Bath last night that played flat in the face of sarries. Crash and bash tactics don't work anymore.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

If there is a loss of confidence in the punters, especially the corporate, after a run of embarrassing losses - the Board will move.
I think we are seeing a tipping point this season, where a series of happenstances has congealed into a catastrophe.
I think those looking at the coaches are misplacing their ire - the dressingroom has lost it and YBY must carry the can.
My previous player informant believed Tigers were losing those who knew how to turn things round, the Tigers spirit. I doff my cap to him, he knew which way the wind was blowing.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Well at least after 10 mins of the second half Glaws haven't added to the score...
palletman

Post by palletman »

Baz, following your comment hopefully RC's last!

For two years I have been saying this was coming but always get shouted down. Now we are paying the price.

Re the comment about the board acting, last week we had loads of empty corporate seats in the stand and at the end the team looked DRAINED! makes me wonder if we are all watching the same game at times.

What a mess we are. Anyone see the BT lady earlier when it was said she went to the Tigers training ground! Then interviewed players on Oadby Town Football Pitch! That to me shows that things just aint right and that the fans of this great club deserve better!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

palletman wrote:Baz, following your comment hopefully RC's last!

For two years I have been saying this was coming but always get shouted down. Now we are paying the price.

Re the comment about the board acting, last week we had loads of empty corporate seats in the stand and at the end the team looked DRAINED! makes me wonder if we are all watching the same game at times.

What a mess we are. Anyone see the BT lady earlier when it was said she went to the Tigers training ground! Then interviewed players on Oadby Town Football Pitch! That to me shows that things just aint right and that the fans of this great club deserve better!
So when we won the league you were saying we would be in this situation in 2 years? No one shouts you down it's just you only speak up when things go wrong.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

It's getting worse...not helped by having the wrong person yellow carded.
How can this be happening???