Time for new faces

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Time for new faces

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Ourla, RagingBull, Covric,The BoyDave over to you guys, I am out of here. The booing, the constant call for Cockers head, dismissing away the disruption due to injuries and every Tom Dick and Harry who has left being better than the players we have kept, getting on the back of young players like Balmain, Burns and B Youngs is beyond a joke. Dont worry I am not throwing away my season ticket, have fun guys. :smt039 :smt039
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Time for new faces

Post by RagingBull »

Great another person leaving.

leaving inexperienced people such as yours truly to cover areas we are just not ready for yet, I blame Rizzo and the recruitment we need world class posters from the southern hemisphere to try and change the direction this club forum is heading and this off season we have failied to that is it because the forum is not attractive now due to budget restrictions?

The amount of senior poster moving to the French forums (that may just have been a guess), for the better lifestyle and more money is stupid.

are you leaving because you are not getting enough chances to make the threads?

or is it the problem to do with the top is Rizzo causing friction if only MOC was here?

Or is it down purely to status.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Oui, c'est vrai! La défection des forums français est la raison derrière la plupart de nous quitter. Rien à voir avec une dose méchant du coup heureux!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

RagingBull wrote:Great another person leaving.

leaving inexperienced people such as yours truly to cover areas we are just not ready for yet, I blame Rizzo and the recruitment we need world class posters from the southern hemisphere to try and change the direction this club forum is heading and this off season we have failied to that is it because the forum is not attractive now due to budget restrictions?

The amount of senior poster moving to the French forums (that may just have been a guess), for the better lifestyle and more money is stupid.

are you leaving because you are not getting enough chances to make the threads?

or is it the problem to do with the top is Rizzo causing friction if only MOC was here?

Or is it down purely to status.
Clearly, it's a serious carpal tunnel injury, caused by over typing, particularly during the pre season. Other teams' forum members rest their digits during this time. When will we ever learn? Sack the mods, sack cockers, sack the sackers. Off with their thumbs!!!!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Big Dai wrote:Oui, c'est vrai! La défection des forums français est la raison derrière la plupart de nous quitter. Rien à voir avec une dose méchant du coup heureux!
I wish I learnt Spanish now.
L Smith wrote: Clearly, it's a serious carpal tunnel injury, caused by over typing, particularly during the pre season. Other teams' forum members rest their digits during this time. When will we ever learn? Sack the mods, sack cockers, sack the sackers. Off with their thumbs!!!!
Yeh totally agree with this, I hope the board sets up a inquiry about all these injuries, I know some of the posters represent international teams on the forums which could increase the work load but doesn't other clubs get these problems.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

RagingBull wrote:
Big Dai wrote:Oui, c'est vrai! La défection des forums français est la raison derrière la plupart de nous quitter. Rien à voir avec une dose méchant du coup heureux!
L Smith wrote: Clearly, it's a serious carpal tunnel injury, caused by over typing, particularly during the pre season. Other teams' forum members rest their digits during this time. When will we ever learn? Sack the mods, sack cockers, sack the sackers. Off with their thumbs!!!!
Yeh totally agree with this, I hope the board sets up a inquiry about all these injuries, I know some of the posters represent international teams on the forums which could increase the work load but doesn't other clubs get these problems.
:-) See Smurphs! You got a giggle or two!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

RagingBull wrote:
Should have learnt Portugese: then you could post for Argentina but not until November
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

L Smith wrote:
RagingBull wrote:
Should have learnt Portugese: then you could post for Argentina but not until November
...Unless you fancy translating the rugby at the Rio Olympics, then you'll be wanting Spanish, but then that really is a considerable wait. Try Italian :smt023

Ohh also, yeah I agree with the rest, and I'm sorry I've been too busy to be another voice of the side of a vague sense of proportion/reasonable thought, in order to help make this forum place acceptable to remain. Maybe the unoffy's more worth it now Smurphs, hope you don't lose too much, can't see that you will if I'm honest.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Hope the 6 people on the UnOffy love you.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

jgriffin wrote:Hope the 6 people on the UnOffy love you.
Is that to me or Smurphs?

I don't, and I don't imagine Smurphs needs people to "love" him via the internet.

Sorry but this forum repeatedly fills up with people willing to wave their embarrassingly poorly-informed, ill-advised opinions around like a pooey flag, so if that's what you get when you have numbers (which it's not) then I don't see a problem with going to find some other community, even if it happens to be small(a nice, small pub may not have the variety, but at least it's still nice, and you get less idiots wandering in & out). It's pretty dull being a member and repeatedly watching the same rubbish happen, you want to be able to contribute but at the moment it's just full of utter rubbish. One can easily ignore the place for a while, but again, it's like having your pub ruined by idiots every so often, naat so great.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

This all seems a bit extreme over a matter of difference of opinions. This forum would be a pretty boring place if everyone had the same view on things, and discussions would be pretty boring. I thought we were terrible on Saturday against a team who I predict will finish no higher than 10th, others disagree and think London Irish are better than that, some people blame Cockers for the way we are playing, however I don't. I really don't see the issue to be honest, as long as people don't start getting personal and for example calling people "Idiots" :smt002 then I don't see what all the fuss is about, maybe it's just me.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The personnel on here has changed a lot over the years I have been on it. The personnel on the UnOffy seems to change less. Some people (e.g. tjs10, tigerburnie etc) seem to post on both. Both have their moments and are usually interesting, although the heavy feuding that used to characterise this forum seems to have disappeared. We also don't seem to suffer the heavy trolling except when the Irish ERC Question arose.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TBF I post on both.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Smurphswillgetya I agree with you about the booing it was silly and is always counterproductive. I am amazed though that we have not replaced our coaching staff. Someone is clearly not doing their job. The Ineffective tackling issue is only one of about 6 things I could mention and I'm not even including our PREDICTABILITY. Unless the situation improves quickly I can see some Tigers fans who don't have our staunch loyalty driting towards the Saints????
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

As I guess a lot of you know I live and work in Scotland, so to get a "feel" for the games I get to watch on tv, I like to visit forums of both Tigers and the opposition. You'll find my posts on most of the sites and I find most to be really good banter and even on occasion informative and friendly. I've met up with fans at matches and had a drink or two, all adds to my enjoyment of the game. Fans can irritate with their opinions at times, but they do have a right to be wrong!!! I just exercise my right to put them on the path to enlightenment.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.